Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Audi A8 to get W12 engine

according to Audi.co.uk:

the Audi A8 will be getting the Phaeton's W12 engine next year. it will be tuned to have 450hp. The A8 is lighter than the Phaeton as well.

0-60 time is estimated to be 5.2 seconds.

1/4 mile info isnt available, but Audi claims that it will hit 124mph in 17 seconds and top out at 155mph in 30 seconds.

the new A8 will be dropping its Xenon headlights in favor of an LED-based setup. it will bethe first production car with LED headlights.

Originally posted by joeg

yeah, just out of curiosity, does ANYONE buy a8's???

the new model is doing OK

the last version of the A8 (up until 2002) sold horribly. it was selling barely more than 3000 of them a year, mostly in the US.

fyi: The S-Class isnt doing well in comparison tests (see the C&D thread) nor in quality surveys. Things are not looking good for the S Class.

I must say... I think that facelift looks REALLY REALL GOOD!

I am a big fan of the A8. especially the current model.

And for the price, I think its pretty much top notch in the league. The S55 costs atleast 15k more, and EVERYONE has it.. so the A8.. let alone the S8.. is something that you know is high quality, has alot of features, and not EVERYONE has one :-)

If I was in the market for a higher-end sedan, the A/S8 would be something on top of my list.