Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Depleted Uranium - Please Read

marksimons

mr mahs.

backing saddam was not necessary.

it was not carters fault.

as I've said before.

you're looking at the cold war from an extremely biased perspective - whether you see it or not.

the levels of sustained propoganda in america were, are?, quite amazing.

I'll also think you'll find on numerous occassions that forces within the American Govt, especially the CIA took actions that the rest of the government did not know about, perhaps would not even agree with.

the ideological argument about getting involved in the politics of soverign states is a very dubious one.

did anyone else get involved in the american civil war?

Iran Vs Iraq is something I don't know *too* much about, but will be doing reading asap, but that was a cold war fight, but it was also about resources, and making sure that america could secure cheap oil.

with regards to blaming carter - the man made mistakes, but it was reagan who sustained and funded saddam, and under him that the iran iraq war was faught by proxy.

also look up el salvador and grenada for his term.

No one is going to convince anyone else at this point but bottom line,

It was the choice between the lesser of two evils.

I have been to Iraq, I have spoken with the people who lived there, I have seen a whole generation robbed of and chance for life or dignity and living in absolute fear. The people in charge had a euphimisim where they would say "such-and-such has a problem but its all in their head" and it was understood that the cure was to remove their head.

True, there are many other atrocities in the world

True, we wouldnt have gone into Iraq if not for a multitude of other reasons.

True, we used faulty info in our "sales job" to justify the war

True, we made many mistakes

but.. bottome line, millions are exponentially better off now, thousands fewer are dead than were killed every year by sadam and his cronies. Given the choice, we did the morral thing.

Go tell the relatives of the tens of thousands who were killed because they associated or were relatives of people who tried to leave the country that we should have left things like they were.

Originally posted by marksimons

did anyone else get involved in the american civil war?

are you serious?? yes almost everyone got involved.

England and France provided support and arms for the south, and Russia (czarist at this point) for the north.

And of course $$$ and power were the issues, not morality or slavery.