Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
jamiroguy1

High Payments to Halliburton for Fuel in Iraq

Recommended Posts

This is what happens when there's no bidding process for the awarding of contracts. :rolleyes:

High Payments to Halliburton for Fuel in Iraq

By DON VAN NATTA Jr.

Published: December 10, 2003

The United States government is paying the Halliburton Company an average of $2.64 a gallon to import gasoline and other fuel to Iraq from Kuwait, more than twice what others are paying to truck in Kuwaiti fuel, government documents show.

Halliburton, which has the exclusive United States contract to import fuel into Iraq, subcontracts the work to a Kuwaiti firm, government officials said. But Halliburton gets 26 cents a gallon for its overhead and fee, according to documents from the Army Corps of Engineers.

The cost of the imported fuel first came to public attention in October when two senior Democrats in Congress criticized Halliburton, the huge Houston-based oil-field services company, for "inflating gasoline prices at a great cost to American taxpayers." At the time, it was estimated that Halliburton was charging the United States government and Iraq's oil-for-food program an average of about $1.60 a gallon for fuel available for 71 cents wholesale.

Full Article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by jamiroguy1

This is what happens when there's no bidding process for the awarding of contracts. :rolleyes:

High Payments to Halliburton for Fuel in Iraq

By DON VAN NATTA Jr.

Published: December 10, 2003

The United States government is paying the Halliburton Company an average of $2.64 a gallon to import gasoline and other fuel to Iraq from Kuwait, more than twice what others are paying to truck in Kuwaiti fuel, government documents show.

Halliburton, which has the exclusive United States contract to import fuel into Iraq, subcontracts the work to a Kuwaiti firm, government officials said. But Halliburton gets 26 cents a gallon for its overhead and fee, according to documents from the Army Corps of Engineers.

The cost of the imported fuel first came to public attention in October when two senior Democrats in Congress criticized Halliburton, the huge Houston-based oil-field services company, for "inflating gasoline prices at a great cost to American taxpayers." At the time, it was estimated that Halliburton was charging the United States government and Iraq's oil-for-food program an average of about $1.60 a gallon for fuel available for 71 cents wholesale.

Full Article

Of course your liberal spin left this part out....

A spokeswoman for Halliburton, Wendy Hall, defended the company's pricing. "It is expensive to purchase, ship, and deliver fuel into a wartime situation, especially when you are limited by short-duration contracting," she said. She said the company's Kellogg Brown & Root unit, which administers the contract, must work in a "hazardous" and "hostile environment," and that its profit on the contract is small.

OR THIS...

Ms. Hall said Halliburton's subcontractor had had more than 20 trucks damaged or stolen, nine drivers injured and one driver killed when making fuel runs into Iraq

spin your way out of that ja-queero-guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by mr mahs

Of course your liberal spin left this part out....

A spokeswoman for Halliburton, Wendy Hall, defended the company's pricing. "It is expensive to purchase, ship, and deliver fuel into a wartime situation, especially when you are limited by short-duration contracting," she said. She said the company's Kellogg Brown & Root unit, which administers the contract, must work in a "hazardous" and "hostile environment," and that its profit on the contract is small.

OR THIS...

Ms. Hall said Halliburton's subcontractor had had more than 20 trucks damaged or stolen, nine drivers injured and one driver killed when making fuel runs into Iraq

spin your way out of that ja-queero-guy

I posted the link to the article for everyone to see, you clown. Why don't you spin yourself off of George W's cock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by jamiroguy1

I posted the link to the article for everyone to see, you clown. Why don't you spin yourself off of George W's cock.

Clown? You fawking pee brained tree hugger what does this have to do with Bush? You obviously only posted the part that suited your la-la land beliefs that we should have a fair bidding process when soldiers are dying over there. Do you have ANY business sense at all? Do you know how long it takes to complete a bidding process? it takes months to fix a gas pipe in manhattan how long do you think it would take for an estimate and bidding process to be completed on a WHOLE COUNTRY???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by mr mahs

Clown? You fawking pee brained tree hugger what does this have to do with Bush? You obviously only posted the part that suited your la-la land beliefs that we should have a fair bidding process when soldiers are dying over there. Do you have ANY business sense at all? Do you know how long it takes to complete a bidding process? it takes months to fix a gas pipe in manhattan how long do you think it would take for an estimate and bidding process to be completed on a WHOLE COUNTRY???

I am waiting for your bile Jamiro-queer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

last time i checked we live in a CAPITALIST economy not a fuckin liberal socialist economy. everyone can make a buck without the government intruding. just cause no liberals own a fuckin oil company what do you want us to do??? you guys got the media and the majority of the money in the country. what else do you guys want???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mrmahs. the only reason why you support this war is because of the money you're making on it. You don't care about the human cost and you're making it obvious. You don't support the troops. All you support is your fat yuppified bank account and as long as there is a profit coming from it you're all for it and you know it.

You are a sick nationalist yuppie scumbag, profiting off the expense of human lives. The only reason why you call them heroes is because they are heroes to your profits.

It's a hella easy to support a war as long as you make a profit from it and don't have to go fight it, isn't it?

You are a fake and a disgrace. You should rot in hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pattbateman

last time i checked we live in a CAPITALIST economy not a fuckin liberal socialist economy. everyone can make a buck without the government intruding. just cause no liberals own a fuckin oil company what do you want us to do??? you guys got the media and the majority of the money in the country. what else do you guys want???

"The last time I checked" lol.. Listen, kiddo... I hate to bust your bubble, but we haven't been a capitalist society since the great depression. Take an economics class and you'll find out that we are a "Welfare Capitalism" which is why everyone pays taxes.

Haliburton is charging the government (or your parents or whoever pays taxes in your house) double for oil. That's not capitalism. That's called the fleecing of america.

Now go do some homework, Son. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have proffited 0 dollars off the war, i am 20 years old and in college????where do i make my money??? both my parents are cops???we are by no means "rich"and my brother is in the marines???you obviously have no idea what you are talking about??clearly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pattbateman

i have proffited 0 dollars off the war, i am 20 years old and in college????where do i make my money??? both my parents are cops???we are by no means "rich"and my brother is in the marines???you obviously have no idea what you are talking about??clearly.

Who cares. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pattbateman

i have proffited 0 dollars off the war, i am 20 years old and in college????where do i make my money??? both my parents are cops???we are by no means "rich"and my brother is in the marines???you obviously have no idea what you are talking about??clearly.

So fucking what?!:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×