Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lojack sux ass

bumpdaddy

So ... my car was stolen in Hoboken of all places....and it's been three days now....they found the lojack with the battery backup still connected to it about 20 minutes after i reported it in Jersey City (imagine that) ....so much for the "secret mounting location"...... And mercedes can kiss my ass with their stupid ass special keys....Some dude in panama is probably driving my car as we speak .... No more cars for me...I can probably get someone to carry me to work for what my car insurance is gonna go up to...

Who can I sue??:idea::confused:

Originally posted by xpyrate

well ... they found oj innocent so stranger things have happened

I understand what you're getting at. I was just sayin, because everyone seems so quick to sue. People gotta get used to the fact that shit happens and sometimes not even the 7th Airborne and a batallion of axe weilding midgets can stop it.

What's real fucked up is that their warranty claims that they'll cover up to 1000 dollars of your deductable if you're car isn't recovered... so I call today about that and they say.."the warranty is void if a third party has removed the system from the vehicle" ....Its a good thing I have jacked up receipts for all the toys I had installed......or I'd be out another 2k for my deductable...so now the big decision... do i wait for my insurance co. to send a check ... or do i start shopping... This really is the best time of the year to buy a car... dealers cant move shit in the winter.... I think I wanna get a truck

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

What's real fucked up is that their warranty claims that they'll cover up to 1000 dollars of your deductable if you're car isn't recovered... so I call today about that and they say.."the warranty is void if a third party has removed the system from the vehicle" ....Its a good thing I have jacked up receipts for all the toys I had installed......or I'd be out another 2k for my deductable...so now the big decision... do i wait for my insurance co. to send a check ... or do i start shopping... This really is the best time of the year to buy a car... dealers cant move shit in the winter.... I think I wanna get a truck

i bought my new car after i crashed my old one...and bought a car the next day and then negotiated with insurance for the "fair value of the car"....they really try to rip you off....check blue book value,ads,etc...to price the car....they dont really give you much for 'goodies'...i got some for rims....but wouldnt give me any for xm radio that was installed after purchase.....

Originally posted by podes881

i bought my new car after i crashed my old one...and bought a car the next day and then negotiated with insurance for the "fair value of the car"....they really try to rip you off....check blue book value,ads,etc...to price the car....they dont really give you much for 'goodies'...i got some for rims....but wouldnt give me any for xm radio that was installed after purchase.....

I pay extra to have a ll the goodies covered... its not much about an extra 300 a year... had to have the car photo inspected after the install tho .... and they photocopied all receipts... I'm sure they'll deduct for some depreciation but it cant be much... I only have the car for a little over 4 months

sorry to here, I was considering lojack but if someone wants your car they're going to find a way to take it.

i have deleted door locks (no key holes) shock, and motion sensors on my car. i'm not sure if Mercedes work the same way as BMW in which if the alarm in tripped the onboard computer disables the car. which leaves the only option of dragging the car away if you want to steal it.

people who steal sh!t that doesn't belong to them should be shot. i feel your pain man... :(