Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Now that Andy is gone, what do you think they'll do?

Codica3

There's talk that they've already began speaking to Kevin Brown..

ATL released Maddux.. maybe we could pick him up.. Millwood's still an option..

You think maybe they'll stick with what they got now? Mussina, Contrares, Vasquez, Lieber, Weaver, (and possibly) Wells?

I dunno.. but I think we'll need another strong arm to be able to compete with Boston's rotation..

Originally posted by nomembername

George can't be happy right now so I say he goes all out to shut everyone up...he is going to forget about Sheffield and pick up Vlad and Kevin Brown.

I love watching all of these spoiled Yankee fans cry :laugh: :laugh:

I concur

they'll make a huge pick-up and overspend for an aging veteren just to compete........it'll be Brown or Milwood, I dont think Maddox has any interest in becoming a Yankee

The weaver for Brown deal has actually resurafced again and allegedly could be done, Im shocked LA would do it when they could trade him for some offensicve pop which is what they need.

The biggest problem now is lack of left handed pitching which is key in Yankee stadium. Its just Wells now and Hammond and Heredia in the pen.

Do not want the priss Maddux who takes himself out of games has to have a personal catcher and has not been effective since they change the strike zone with the new system the umps use.

Besides Maddux burned George few years ago and used us in his bargaining with the braves ....fuck him

Milwood shit the bed for the phils last year when it counted

Here's the inside scoop. The reason why Sheffield is holding out is b/c he wants to take Pettite's place in the rotation. Now that hes gone, Shef will make the transition from RF to SP. The Yankees will also sign Vlad Guerro and use him as a setup man for Mariano Rivera and eventually ease him into the closer role when Mo retires in the future. Theres also a good chance that Hideki Irabu will come back to the majors and sign with the Bronx Bombers. So all in all, good news.

Originally posted by pk1

Here's the inside scoop. The reason why Sheffield is holding out is b/c he wants to take Pettite's place in the rotation. Now that hes gone, Shef will make the transition from RF to SP. The Yankees will also sign Vlad Guerro and use him as a setup man for Mariano Rivera and eventually ease him into the closer role when Mo retires in the future. Theres also a good chance that Hideki Irabu will come back to the majors and sign with the Bronx Bombers. So all in all, good news.

I also heard that they put Mariah Carey on the payroll at $10mm/year to hang out in the clubhouse and "ease the tension".

Originally posted by pk1

:laugh: :laugh:

I can't wait until brown goes from the national league to the american and from doger stadium(pitcher park) to the bronx(middle of the pack)

Never bank on pitchers that are good in the national league to be good in the american. The only one i can think of (i am sure there are others) is pedro. We will see what schilling can do.

Maddux would get shelled in the american league.