Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Yankee sched for 04

bxbomb

Boston is not done with their roster...they are getting rid of all there dead wood and they are putting all there money in the club for the next two years...if they get A-rod for manny and nomar for Magglio O. that would be more runs and Rbi's...Pedro, lowe, Schilling and wakefield is a way better rotation than Moose, Vasquez ( who are both good) Contreas were is 40 but claims he is 29...Lieber who is surrounded by questions marks b/c of the surgery and Brown who will be on the DL before July...guaranteed...you watch....Bostons GM outsmarted the yanks and cashman this year...face the facts...I hate Boston

Originally posted by k-hole6969

Boston is not done with their roster...they are getting rid of all there dead wood and they are putting all there money in the club for the next two years...if they get A-rod for manny and nomar for Magglio O. that would be more runs and Rbi's...Pedro, lowe, Schilling and wakefield is a way better rotation than Moose, Vasquez ( who are both good) Contreas were is 40 but claims he is 29...Lieber who is surrounded by questions marks b/c of the surgery and Brown who will be on the DL before July...guaranteed...you watch....Bostons GM outsmarted the yanks and cashman this year...face the facts...I hate Boston

And i agreed in the other thread when i heard about magglio , that theey prob would win the division.but 10 games???i still dont see it.

Boston is in the midst of having the greatest offseason ever, but its still the off season. Ive went through this before as well re: the rotation brown vs schilling is a wash , Mussina vs Pedro (check Pedros record vs the Yanks) Lowe vs Vasquez (vasquez better)

wakefield (hit or miss if the knuckler not staying down)vs Contreras, Wells or Lieber take your pick... And the yanks offense will pick up w/ Sheff and moving Soriano out of the leadoff spot. Giambi will be healthy again,The pen has been vastly improved.

Sorry i just dont see them beating the team that has dominated the division for years to lose by 10 games.

and how has Theo "outsmarted" george??and still dont see the Yanks as "awful" or the staff a "joke"

your right it is the offseason...Boston will click...Schilling needs to learn the American league hitters....Wells is 40 and he is overweight....Lieber just missed a whole year...Boston made better signings in the offseason and when Boston is beating them by 6 to 8 games by all-star break---George is going to try to buy his team again...is he trying to get the payroll to 300 million...he is not smart with his money...maybe the Yanks just rebuild for the next year or so but they don't know how to do that and that is going to hurt them in the long run....there are alot of questions marks on both teams...some of the new pitchers are switching leagues like Schilling and Vasquez but you never know....Giambi is a question mark with his knee and the yanks have no backup at first....who knows.....things will be interesting this year

Originally posted by k-hole6969

George is going to try to buy his team again...is he trying to get the payroll to 300 million...he is not smart with his money...

George is actually smart with his money , cuz even though he might overpay for some players he has gotten the results and championships that other owners dont get when they try to "buy " a championship.

Ok so I dont get this. Every year the Yanks just add superstars and the media criticizes them saying you cant just put a bunch of good players together. You need chemstry. So why is the Red Sox just buying a bunch of good players making them "better" instead of "just adding good players that wont gel" or whatever

Originally posted by youarehot99

Ok so I dont get this. Every year the Yanks just add superstars and the media criticizes them saying you cant just put a bunch of good players together. You need chemstry. So why is the Red Sox just buying a bunch of good players making them "better" instead of "just adding good players that wont gel" or whatever

:confused:

well i think that a lot of people are saying the chemistry thing at this point about the yankees especially since they have substantially changed the ball club in the last 2 years. the yankees from 4 or 5 years with O'Neil, Martinez, Duque and the rest of the team certainly had chemistry. only time will tell if this team with sheffield, brown, and the rest will gel as nicely as the aforementioned one.

i think that this red sox team does have chemistry, and up until now they just upgraded 2 positions that they needed to address, a second high quality starting pitcher w/ post season experience and a closer. as for alex, i feel sorry for nomar, he has certainly been the identity of the red sox since he got to the team, but even though they are running a risk by letting him go, when you got the opportunity to get the best player in baseball and probably the best shortstop in the history of the game, a lot of people would do it.