Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior Sun. morning

joeb8a

Originally posted by joeb8a

lost musicly,horrible mixing, come 8 in the morning you would think he would be in some type of groove,not so Sun. morning. Unprofessional at the very least.

Over the past 8 years of hearing Junior, he's been many things, but one thing he's definitely never been is "unprofessional." No one brings the energy to his party full force like Junior does for his afterhours venues. Junior plays a variety of music, and often samples and remixes some interesting shit, but he's never been "musically lost." As for his mixing, well.......let me just say that there have been a few instances where, like every dj, Junior has dropped the ball, but he'll pick that shit up faster than any dj. Overall, his mixing can't be fucked with. He knows his songs, knows his beats, and is fully equipped to turn out the greatest marathon sets in New York City. Even on nights where Junior wasn't spinning what I consider to be a great set, he still had total control over that shit, and still mixed as subtly and flawlessly as always.

Is it not unprofessional to play shit music because there are straight people in the crowd? I've caught Junior many times through the years and I would agree when he's on no one mixes better,but what I witness Sunday was a man who had no feel for his records and that to me is unprofessional. In the 3 hours I was there he blended maybe 3 times,almost all the records ended on him where he was then forced to loop the end of the record over and over until he found his next record where he would then MASH it in.

That's why I say he was lost musically,someone who steps into new space and has no feel for his records to me is unprofessional.Especially when you know the guy is loaded with experience.

I'm not going to kill the guy for having an off night mixing,but this went way beyond.

Originally posted by joeb8a

Is it not unprofessional to play shit music because there are straight people in the crowd? I've caught Junior many times through the years and I would agree when he's on no one mixes better,but what I witness Sunday was a man who had no feel for his records and that to me is unprofessional. In the 3 hours I was there he blended maybe 3 times,almost all the records ended on him where he was then forced to loop the end of the record over and over until he found his next record where he would then MASH it in.

That's why I say he was lost musically,someone who steps into new space and has no feel for his records to me is unprofessional.Especially when you know the guy is loaded with experience.

I'm not going to kill the guy for having an off night mixing,but this went way beyond.

Unprofessionla, i Dont know, maybe.....But waaaaaaaayyy off, definitley, what a wierd night. THey tweaked the sound system from 11-3 and thank god by 3 it was sounding sweet IMO, but it didnt even seem like he was doing it on purpose, altho it's possible. From what I hear he hates playing all night.