Clubplanet Nightlife Community

attn: raver mania (and other psytrance lovers)

rockyblue

fyi...

-------

Konvocation - Psytrance Sunday at Sonar

Sunday, January 11, 2004

9pm - 2am

Have you grown tired of the same old boring ass music?

We assure you’ve never experienced anything like this.

Come join us for a very special Sunday evening of explosive psychedelic goa trance.

Live Performances by:

Onnomon - Soular Records / Philadelphia

Onnomon is one of the hottest new psytrance producers in the global trance community. With several releases out already on Soular Records and rumors of an album - this mad scientist of sound is bound for greatness. His live performance has been described as blistering and mind altering so don't miss Onnomon's first Baltimore appearance!

Mind Warped Soular Records / CT

Mind Warped is the brainchild of producer Kent Friedman. Kent produces swirling psychedelic soundscapes that made their first mark on the trance community in 1997 with the seminal Panda Records “Experimental Moon†E.P. With the rlease of “Flourolizard†album on Boom records, Kent created the first American psytrance CD to be released on a European record label. Current collaborations with Deeper In Zen and Cyzum have yielded some of the most powerful and exploding tracks around the world.

Dj set by:

Cyzum (Dj Hybrid) Konvocation / MD

In the lounge:

Kommencement djs Flashpoint and Neska playing the best in electro-industrial, synthpop and powernoise.

Psychedelic landscape design by Blink and Psychokinetics

ONLY $5 ADMISSION FEE!

$5 pitchers / $3 rails - plus weekly specials until 10:30

18 and up admitted with state issued ID.

Club Sonar • 407 East Saratoga Street

Baltimore, MD • 410.327.8333

From I-83: Go south to it’s end. At the light turn right onto Fayette St. Take your next right onto Gay St. Then go left at the first light onto Saratoga St. Sonar is on your left in the middle of the block. FREEparking in the lot directly across the street.

For more information check out:

www.konvocation.com or www.sonar.us

For more information on psytrance, check out:

www.psytrance.us

I didn't see anyone else there. Got there around 11:30pm...dunno who was spinning then but they were really good. If anyone has the set times that'd be great! Decent sized crowd...really into the music.

Promoter says it might be a monthly, which is awesome!

Originally posted by raver_mania

I didn't see anyone else there. Got there around 11:30pm...dunno who was spinning then but they were really good. If anyone has the set times that'd be great! Decent sized crowd...really into the music.

Promoter says it might be a monthly, which is awesome!

unfortunately i wasn't able to make it. still getting over my cold and i didn't think a smokey club would help toward the cause of healing. i'm glad you had a good time and there was a good turn out. i was afraid that the cold weather would keep people home. i really hope this becomes monthly. i would love to check it out. :)

Originally posted by rockyblue

unfortunately i wasn't able to make it. still getting over my cold and i didn't think a smokey club would help toward the cause of healing. i'm glad you had a good time and there was a good turn out. i was afraid that the cold weather would keep people home. i really hope this becomes monthly. i would love to check it out. :)

I think there's talk about a monthly...so keeping my fingers crossed.

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by raver_mania

I think there's talk about a monthly...so keeping my fingers crossed.

We are making it a monthly. Last Sunday of every month!

We have all new decor planned for this month along with a GREAT dj. Kri is one of the best psytrance djs in the country and he'll be playing full on psytrance madness...

We hope to see you guys at the next Konvocation party.

For more info - www.konvocation.com