Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club scene in Texas???

beatfriek

OK, so i go visit my cousin in texas... He live in some dallas suburb like 30min from dt dallas... we go check out this place called "CLUB BLUE"... who all the locals referred to as " a miami style club"!! I guess by that they mean a club with a dress code and some style .... So we show up at a bit after 12... NO LINE AT ALL!!! (i guess they need to do a bit more homework on being miami style);) We walk in, and i give them the "im miami VIP, show them some comps n stuff, and the muela paid off..!!!!! i got my cousin and I inside comped w/ vip wristbands!!!:D Walk in the club, and the place is semi-stuffed...!!! just the right amount of peeps!!!!

Lights and layout reminded me a bit of the ol spin, except darker!!! Sound system was par!!! didnt grab your soul and throw you around like some of the superduper rigs we got here!:tongue: but the music is actually good!!!! i would say, the dj could tear up any dance floor in north of sobe!!!!:eek: Dont get me wrong, he was no underground house dj protoge, but a good mix of breaks, house, teckhouse, and techno!!!

The only commercial stuff that got laid down was the quality stuff, like

tomcraft- lonliness

dirty sticky floors- junkie xl remix

planet funk-who said (unknown breaks mix)

milkshake ( breakbeat electro mix)

and among others.... but atleast it wasnt "castles in the sky" !!! And it definately was doing the trick vs the hip hop in the other roomwhich by the way, was in a very chic loft/lounge upstairs... and thats what was the VIP!!! those bands came through!!!!!!!!!!

As for the crowd, it was the stranges thing??? there was like 90% asian people in there!!!!:eek: not that i mind, but it was sooooo weird... i thought we got into some warp that landed us in taiwan!!! They did know how to party, not as wild as us, but i had no complaints... Especially with all the "fuk u's" and "fuk me's " going around!!!!:eek: Very hot with the school girl get up ladies!!!

And one of the highlights of the night, a CO ED Bathroom!!!! it was awesome!!!! i got a lil startled at first when im zipping up and some hottie is standing out there getting ready to use the stall after me, but its really cool to mingle when your waiting to take a piss!!!:idea:

Well, the club then decides to stop serving alcohol at 2am!:eek: damn texas law!!!!:mad: so we stay for like another hour, n then shot over to some strip club afterhours called Insomnia @ the CLUBHOUSE!!! Unfortunately the miami vip thing didnt work:( so we paid to get in, AND STILL, NO SERVING ALCOHOL!!!!that had a huge part in us leaving, cause the music was excellent!!! High energy techno with a touch of progressive breaks!! i mean, this dj had skillz, and could rock space's blue room if you ask me!!!

Lots of cute chics, lots of peeps on X, and NO alcohol again!!!! WEll the way i look at it is, it was a place for us to sober up before the ride home... For reference, drinking and driving is a BIG no no in texas!!! the cops are EXTREmely itchy to pull someone over and test out their breathealizer!!!

all in all, i was very impressed with the scene they got there in dallas... i hear austin is even better !!!!

Originally posted by beatfriek

OK, so i go visit my cousin in texas... He live in some dallas suburb like 30min from dt dallas... we go check out this place called "CLUB BLUE"... who all the locals referred to as " a miami style club"!! I guess by that they mean a club with a dress code and some style .... So we show up at a bit after 12... NO LINE AT ALL!!! (i guess they need to do a bit more homework on being miami style);) We walk in, and i give them the "im miami VIP, show them some comps n stuff, and the muela paid off..!!!!! i got my cousin and I inside comped w/ vip wristbands!!!:D Walk in the club, and the place is semi-stuffed...!!! just the right amount of peeps!!!!

Lights and layout reminded me a bit of the ol spin, except darker!!! Sound system was par!!! didnt grab your soul and throw you around like some of the superduper rigs we got here!:tongue: but the music is actually good!!!! i would say, the dj could tear up any dance floor in north of sobe!!!!:eek: Dont get me wrong, he was no underground house dj protoge, but a good mix of breaks, house, teckhouse, and techno!!!

The only commercial stuff that got laid down was the quality stuff, like

tomcraft- lonliness

dirty sticky floors- junkie xl remix

planet funk-who said (unknown breaks mix)

milkshake ( breakbeat electro mix)

and among others.... but atleast it wasnt "castles in the sky" !!! And it definately was doing the trick vs the hip hop in the other roomwhich by the way, was in a very chic loft/lounge upstairs... and thats what was the VIP!!! those bands came through!!!!!!!!!!

As for the crowd, it was the stranges thing??? there was like 90% asian people in there!!!!:eek: not that i mind, but it was sooooo weird... i thought we got into some warp that landed us in taiwan!!! They did know how to party, not as wild as us, but i had no complaints... Especially with all the "fuk u's" and "fuk me's " going around!!!!:eek: Very hot with the school girl get up ladies!!!

And one of the highlights of the night, a CO ED Bathroom!!!! it was awesome!!!! i got a lil startled at first when im zipping up and some hottie is standing out there getting ready to use the stall after me, but its really cool to mingle when your waiting to take a piss!!!:idea:

Well, the club then decides to stop serving alcohol at 2am!:eek: damn texas law!!!!:mad: so we stay for like another hour, n then shot over to some strip club afterhours called Insomnia @ the CLUBHOUSE!!! Unfortunately the miami vip thing didnt work:( so we paid to get in, AND STILL, NO SERVING ALCOHOL!!!!that had a huge part in us leaving, cause the music was excellent!!! High energy techno with a touch of progressive breaks!! i mean, this dj had skillz, and could rock space's blue room if you ask me!!!

Lots of cute chics, lots of peeps on X, and NO alcohol again!!!! WEll the way i look at it is, it was a place for us to sober up before the ride home... For reference, drinking and driving is a BIG no no in texas!!! the cops are EXTREmely itchy to pull someone over and test out their breathealizer!!!

all in all, i was very impressed with the scene they got there in dallas... i hear austin is even better !!!!

Ya, I lived in Dallas for a while a few years back...Blue is okay....but Dallas has some really good underground house going off....its just very no frills accomodations to the places down in Deep Elum where they are mostly located....the DJ at Blue...it may have been Kelly Reverb...he's been doing it for years in Dallas and can spin anything.....oh and the Asians.....tell me about it....they are not as tame as you may think....a lot of them are gangbangers/asian mafia and I seen many a fight between not one but many ....as in over 10 of them at a time when I lived there.....I even got harrased for having a Japanese Character Tat on my right forearm by a doorman or 2...and I AM WHITE AS SNOW!

The alcohol law definitely suck, but it still may be legal to drive with open containers as long as your not driving and rinking and its supposedly the passengers. The strip clubs there can be very crazy....you have to hit the BYOB places....I like to call those the Pussy Emporiums....something right out of From Dusk Till Dawn when all the peope at the strip club are vampires....you just now something isn't right when they allow men to drag in cooolers the size of caskets right up to the front row. Best one is right near galveston, outside of Houston....go firgure...just like in Dusk till dawn....there aint shit else around....we took my bestfriends little brother there for his 18th B-day and got him a total of like 15 lap dances.....it was $1 lap dance hour!

Guest saleen351

WHEN YOU see asians in clubs, it means only one thing, they are selling drugs to each other.... former exit heads know this all too well...