Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attention Karma Lounge

guyman1966

For the last few weeks Mrs. Guyman and I have been dropping in. Its a great vibe that needed some tweaks.

The first tweak was the DJ. He blasts it way 2 loud way 2 early. People want to talk. Shit - the Bartenders can't even hear your drink orders. This week you had another DJ in there and he was better. His volumes were right on, his track selection was good but his mixing was weak. Overall - I'd take him over the other regular DJ any day.

Then, we leave to walk a friend of our to her car. When we come back the Doorman wont let us in. He said we have to wait. I asked for what? The place was not packed, it seems that the EuroTrash manager told the EuroTrash doorman to hold up the line. I can only guess that they wanted to create excitement outside the place. But it was half dead inside. Dude - this is not South Beach. Your nice little spot is not Mynt, Crobar or any other A+ spot. Get a clue and let in people who are there to buy your expensive drinks. Shit - when i told your bartender that I was not let back in, he had this to say: "shit - you are one of the few people who come in here and give good tips"

Also - when I voice my complaint with the EuroTrash door guy, he seemed like he wanted to escalate the intensity of the conversation. I was w/ Mrs. Guyman and not biting. Fuck him.

Wish List

1. Never have your old DJ come back. I'd rather hear someone who is learning to mix than listen to some guy with skills who bangs it out all night long in a small room.

2. Fire the EuroTrash door guy and Manager. Hire Americans.

3. Move the bar to the far left of the room and open the space up a bit.

4. Never make anyone wait on line unless there is a good reason.

Guest saleen351

i'll never walk back in there again... They just don't get it.. And never will.............

I gave them 572983573924579324579284 chances witht he volume level, and guess what, they seem to know more than the club legend, so fuck em.. I won't ever come back unless I get word they fixed shit...

heres my last convo with guyman in karma...

Saleen: GUYMAN CAN YOU HEAR ME?

GUYMAN: WHAT? YOU WANT A BEER?

SALEEN: NO, NO, CAN YOU HEAR ME?

GUYMAN: NO THANKS, I DON'T WANT A BEER

SALEEN: AN EAR? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

GUYMAN: DID YOU SAY JETER? YANKEES SUCK!

SALEEN: DID YOU JUST SAY YOU WANTED TO SPANK ME FOR A BUCK?

Originally posted by saleen351

Saleen: GUYMAN CAN YOU HEAR ME?

GUYMAN: WHAT? YOU WANT A BEER?

SALEEN: NO, NO, CAN YOU HEAR ME?

GUYMAN: NO THANKS, I DON'T WANT A BEER

SALEEN: AN EAR? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

GUYMAN: DID YOU SAY JETER? YANKEES SUCK!

SALEEN: DID YOU JUST SAY YOU WANTED TO SPANK ME FOR A BUCK?

WHAT? I CAN"T HEAR YOU:confused:

As always, Karma Lounge appreciates your comments and suggestions.

I also believe it is a bit too loud too early and I will make an effort to tone it down . . . The volume will be lower early on when I'm there and crank up a bit beyond midnight. Our resident DJ will remain in place with DJ Johnny Ramirez spinning on Wednesday evenings as well as the first Friday of each month. DJ Sheldon Prince will be in on the third Friday of each month and DJ Jason Wiggill alternates Saturday nights.

I have never seen the doorman hold the line outside when it was not overcrowded inside. Although it may not appear to be 'packed' it can get uncomfortable and difficult to move around in our small space. The doorman is doing his job when holding the line at the owner/managers request. He certainly should not seek to escalate any situation and I'm sorry if that was the case. The 'door guys' will remain in place and I will try and ensure that they operate in a polite and professional manner.

The bar will not be moved under the current ownership.

Please introduce yourself if you stop in to Karma. I'm in on Thursday and Saturday evenings all night.

Thanks,

Dean

Originally posted by saleen351

i'll never walk back in there again... They just don't get it.. And never will.............

I personally boy-cotted that place MONTHS ago...

Too bad cause I like hearing Vaughn & Sheldon in there....

and too bad for them.... & I warn ALL of my friends before they go

karmalounge : I respect your post and your attempt help ease the situation... but for me and a LOT of industry professionals, most of the issues I or anyone else had with the place could have easily been resolved BEFORE it was a problem.....

Sorry But there was too much BAD KARMA for me :blank:

Thank good for SONAR!

Guyman try SONAR... I think You'll like it ;)

Originally posted by karmalounge

I have never seen the doorman hold the line outside when it was not overcrowded inside. Although it may not appear to be 'packed' it can get uncomfortable and difficult to move around in our small space. The doorman is doing his job when holding the line at the owner/managers request.

Dean - thanks for your reply.

I've been inside when it has been packed and you are right... it is hard to move around then. BUT - the night I posted about it was not. If you are the guy with the long hair, you might recognize me.

and B-SIDE!!! are you in Vegas? Mrs. Guyman and I will be there in Feb.. will you?