Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you know anyone with an STD?

happykittn

Two of my closest girlfriends recently confided in me that they have contracted HPV. I did more research on the virus, and apparently 1 out of every 4 (or more) sexually active people have contracted it at one time or another in their lives. For most men, there are no sypmptoms at all... for women, there is the risk of developing cervical cancer for certain strains of the HPV.

My girlfriends were devastated at first, but they have realized this is something they must deal with. Neither have any idea how they will tell future partners.

If you have or know anyone with an incurable STD, how do they deal with it? How do they tell their partner(s), if they even bother to?

I had an acquaintance my freshman year of college who contracted herpes in a threesome with 2 older women over Spring Break. At first, he was up front with all the girls he dated about the herpes... after they all dumped him, he stopped telling the girls he had sex with so he could get laid. I didn't associate with him after that.

Your thoughts? I'd be open to dating someone who had a curable STD in the past (chlamydia, gonorrhea, etc.), but I'd have to really love someone to consider continuing a relationship if they told me they had HPV, HIV, herpes, etc.

Originally posted by happykittn

Two of my closest girlfriends recently confided in me that they have contracted HPV. I did more research on the virus, and apparently 1 out of every 4 (or more) sexually active people have contracted it at one time or another in their lives. For most men, there are no sypmptoms at all... for women, there is the risk of developing cervical cancer for certain strains of the HPV.

My girlfriends were devastated at first, but they have realized this is something they must deal with. Neither have any idea how they will tell future partners.

If you have or know anyone with an incurable STD, how do they deal with it? How do they tell their partner(s), if they even bother to?

I had an acquaintance my freshman year of college who contracted herpes in a threesome with 2 older women over Spring Break. At first, he was up front with all the girls he dated about the herpes... after they all dumped him, he stopped telling the girls he had sex with so he could get laid. I didn't associate with him after that.

Your thoughts? I'd be open to dating someone who had a curable STD in the past (chlamydia, gonorrhea, etc.), but I'd have to really love someone to consider continuing a relationship if they told me they had HPV, HIV, herpes, etc.

how about telling your hookers of friends that that is what they get for whoring around without condoms....

Originally posted by majinbuu

how about telling your hookers of friends that that is what they get for whoring around without condoms....

You can get HPV via skin-to-skin contact. No intercourse is necessary. HPV is also small enough to pass THROUGH condoms, the only virus known to be able to do so.

Way to be educated, you ignorant asshole. One of my girlfriends has only had ONE partner her whole life, and he cheated on her and passed the disease to her.

Originally posted by kaydup

Happy kitty, you dont seem so happy. why?

I'm PMS-ing HARDCORE, most people in this world are ignorant dicks, and I haven't gotten any in over a month because my boyfriend is away on winter break. :mad::flame::biggun:

Tonight, Imma try to cheer myself up at a few parties. :beer::hat:

I'm PMS-ing HARDCORE, most people in this world are ignorant dicks, and I haven't gotten any in over a month because my boyfriend is away on winter break. :mad::flame::biggun:

Tonight, Imma try to cheer myself up at a few parties. :beer::hat:

Get yourself a toy. I want to see a happy kitten around here from now on, ok?

You can get HPV via skin-to-skin contact. No intercourse is necessary. HPV is also small enough to pass THROUGH condoms, the only virus known to be able to do so.

Way to be educated, you ignorant asshole. One of my girlfriends has only had ONE partner her whole life, and he cheated on her and passed the disease to her.

if i'm so uneducated, how come i am clean and you and your friends are passing the heinaghonnaherpaclappa around?

its not only about using condoms....its about making sure that your partner is not infected before you decide to be intimite with them.

that's why all this screwing around is unhealthy...

one shouldn't have sex with some one casually for a number of reasons....

A bit harsh, don't you think? It's bad enough that they have to deal with HPV for the rest of their lives; they don't need to be called names. That really blows. I can't imagine which is worse: having to deal with the disease, or the social consequences.

one of my best friends has only been with 2 guys and found out #2 gave her HSV. he had no symptoms... one day she felt burning when she urinated, that is how she described it to me anyway & went to the dr who then told her she had herpes. shes probably only been touched by 3 guys in her life, her current bf who gave her the herpes she is still with for almost 2 years. i would have left him if i were her, she asked him so many times to get checked up before they had sex & he never did b/c he was lazy so finally they did and she got herpes. she was stupid for not using condoms but in no way do i think she deserved what she got. i dont think anyone is deserving of that. some people get lucky and some dont. it it really sad...

Guest gabo
Originally posted by somebitch

one of my best friends has only been with 2 guys and found out #2 gave her HPV. he had no symptoms... one day she felt burning when she urinated, that is how she described it to me anyway & went to the dr who then told her she had herpes. shes probably only been touched by 3 guys in her life, her current bf who gave her the herpes she is still with for almost 2 years. i would have left him if i were her, she asked him so many times to get checked up before they had sex & he never did b/c he was lazy so finally they did and she got herpes. she was stupid for not using condoms but in no way do i think she deserved what she got. i dont think anyone is deserving of that. some people get lucky and some dont. it it really sad...

rubbers doesnt stop alot of diseases... I heard that they really dont work against hpv. can anyone tell me more or if this is true.

if i'm so uneducated, how come i am clean and you and your friends are passing the heinaghonnaherpaclappa around?

its not only about using condoms....its about making sure that your partner is not infected before you decide to be intimite with them.

that's why all this screwing around is unhealthy...

one shouldn't have sex with some one casually for a number of reasons....

Once again, please educate yourself before you speak seemingly all-knowingly on such issues.

FYI, males CANNOT be tested for the HPV virus. There is currently NO TEST available for medical professionals to test for the virus in men.

The only way women know whether or not they have the virus is via an abnormal pap smear, etc. So basically, the guy won't know he has it unless he either has an outbreak of warts/bumps (which is rare, most males show no symptoms whatsoever)... and the only way he'll know is if his girlfriend goes into the gyno and discovers she has an abnormal pap smear.

Neither of my girlies who have it "screw around". The one I already mentioned only had ONE partner, and the other has only had 4 partners in her lifetime (she's 26 years old).

Believe it or not, people who sleep around with hundreds of people aren't the only ones in danger of catching an STD. ANYONE is vulnerable. Communication with your partner is key, but sadly, sometimes that isn't even enough (i.e. if the male never knows he has it, he can't tell his partner).

Be careful, kids. And have a happy new year...

From Planned Parenthood:

HPV and Herpes

Condoms provide some protection against viruses such as human papilloma virus (HPV) and herpes simplex virus (HSV), that infect the general genital area (CDC, 1998). The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend condom usage as a way to reduce the risk of both infections (CDC, 1998; CDC 2002). Since HPV and herpes viruses 'shed' beyond the covered area, however, condoms do not provide as complete protection as they do for other pathogens.

However, condoms can decrease the risk of infection. Condom use directly correlated with a lower risk of herpes infection in Costa Rican women whose partners wore condoms (Oberle et al., 1989). A subsequent study also found that condoms were highly effective at reducing the rate of infection in women who had sex with men infected with herpes (Wald et al., 2001). Failure to use condoms has been shown to be among the most significant risk factors for pre-cancerous conditions related to HPV (Wang & Lin, 1996).

Unlike HIV, most HPV and HSV infections do not have catastrophic health consequences. In general, they are not as dangerous as HIV or chlamydia, which condoms can more successfully prevent. HIV infection is considered fatal, and chlamydia can result in infertility or permanent disability (Friedman et al, 1998; Howell et al., 1998; OWH, 1997).

Scary

:shake:

hey girly. happy new years. :heart:

majinbuu, for someone that claims they are educated you definitely have had your head up your ass for the last 20 years, if you're even that old. go back to the sandbox and play with the kiddies, ok? let the adults conversate here. :rolleyes: you probably aren't aware then that there's a growing trend of women in their '40s and '50s dying of HPV b/c they never treated it and were never aware of having it. so there's a good chance that whore of a mom you got may have contracted it too! :rolleyes:

anyway, HPV is never spoken about but is one of the most common STDs out there. once you're about 2-3 years out of college is when girls start to typically find out they have HPV. not coincidentally, the common incubation period for HPV is about 2-3 years - so there's mad kids in college spreading HPV to each other and they are not aware b/c the tests will all show up with nothing. sad. :(

i found out about 4 girls, 1 being my best friend who never sleeps around, all had abnormal results on their pap smears this year alone - which all resulted in HPV. it's a disease that women can deal with for the rest of their life IF they take care of themselves. and, yea it sux - there's no way to detect it if guys have it - but they can go around infecting every girl they are in contact with, sexual or not.

happyk, if your girls start spreading the word and talking to other people about it, they'd be surprised at how many women are also HPV+ and there's tons of support networks out there. it's so important to go to the gyno annually, and so many never do so. :(

Originally posted by kitty19

hey girly. happy new years. :heart:

majinbuu, for someone that claims they are educated you definitely have had your head up your ass for the last 20 years, if you're even that old. go back to the sandbox and play with the kiddies, ok? let the adults conversate here. :rolleyes: you probably aren't aware then that there's a growing trend of women in their '40s and '50s dying of HPV b/c they never treated it and were never aware of having it. so there's a good chance that whore of a mom you got may have contracted it too! :rolleyes:

anyway, HPV is never spoken about but is one of the most common STDs out there. once you're about 2-3 years out of college is when girls start to typically find out they have HPV. not coincidentally, the common incubation period for HPV is about 2-3 years - so there's mad kids in college spreading HPV to each other and they are not aware b/c the tests will all show up with nothing. sad. :(

i found out about 4 girls, 1 being my best friend who never sleeps around, all had abnormal results on their pap smears this year alone - which all resulted in HPV. it's a disease that women can deal with for the rest of their life IF they take care of themselves. and, yea it sux - there's no way to detect it if guys have it - but they can go around infecting every girl they are in contact with, sexual or not.

happyk, if your girls start spreading the word and talking to other people about it, they'd be surprised at how many women are also HPV+ and there's tons of support networks out there. it's so important to go to the gyno annually, and so many never do so. :(

HPV also can go away on its own if it is treated at an early stage.... the main point of this thread is that you need to get checked out every six months or at least once a year.......and majinbuu u never know if u have it with a 25% of the population statistic...........and if like kitty said it nests for 2-3 years a girl ur sleeping with might not be able to tell yet......... it s because of social stigma like this that girls and guys keep quiet about their sexual history for the fear of being labeled as whores or dirty..........dont u remember the movie KIDS...ye its just a movie but she got an STD from having sex just once!!...