Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good times are coming back to NYC

Don't know if people really remember but the day after the last 2 NYE's there were many reports of dead parties and people NOT having a good time.

It's great this year to read that all the parties were good, packed and went much longer than before.

I get the impression that New York is ready to party again and that can only be a good thing.

Now if club owners and promoters book good talent and charge reasonable prices, this could really be a bumper club year.

"Down with bottle service"

Lets get back to the party huh?

I couldn't agree more, there were some amazing parties in the city last night, and the vibe in the city in general was great.

For all the complainers...and people on this board that are never satisfied and are living in a glorified dream of nightlife's past, open your eyes please and see that NYC threw down hard (!) on NYE and will continue to do so for a time to come....

I wouldn't be happier posting for the 1000th time about any other topic!

Originally posted by bassboy

I couldn't agree more, there were some amazing parties in the city last night, and the vibe in the city in general was great.

For all the complainers...and people on this board that are never satisfied and are living in a glorified dream of nightlife's past, open your eyes please and see that NYC threw down hard (!) on NYE and will continue to do so for a time to come....

I wouldn't be happier posting for the 1000th time about any other topic!

It would be great to see a more positive attitude on this and other boards towards nightlife in general.

We all know that we are all different in our tastes in clubs, DJ's, promoters, music and crowds. Rather than attack each other we should learn to accept the differences and enjoy what we have.

Originally posted by hookahmana

Don't know if people really remember but the day after the last 2 NYE's there were many reports of dead parties and people NOT having a good time.

It's great this year to read that all the parties were good, packed and went much longer than before.

I get the impression that New York is ready to party again and that can only be a good thing.

Now if club owners and promoters book good talent and charge reasonable prices, this could really be a bumper club year.

"Down with bottle service"

Lets get back to the party huh?

A real posive thread! gOOd call. It's all about how you approach the party... ive been to some rocking parties and it's b/c i have made it a great time...

Originally posted by digitalextacy

Yeah and let's give some props to Shelter nye cause the music was so hot!

shelter is definately a great party.... it's a 5 hour + workout..... good dancers and very friendly people... color doesnt matter over there.. it's all about the music & the feeling.

a bunch of smaller versions of those parties are around... ive been to them... and they rock! if you are into soulful parties check out the DAT party.... the coffee shop always has nice events... Men of Rythem, together in spirit, melting pot... im sure you've heard of them.

Originally posted by soulsauce

shelter is definately a great party.... it's a 5 hour + workout..... good dancers and very friendly people... color doesnt matter over there.. it's all about the music & the feeling.

a bunch of smaller versions of those parties are around... ive been to them... and they rock! if you are into soulful parties check out the DAT party.... the coffee shop always has nice events... Men of Rythem, together in spirit, melting pot... im sure you've heard of them.

Hey I will take the respect you gave me but I have never been to any of those parties. That was my first time in shelter. I love the oldschool breakers when I was growing up and being there brought alot of that vibe in the new school sense. I was just watching for hours the dancers break and do salsa style dancing. It was def a great place. The rooftop was also dope. I am sure solbeam will enjoy this as well. Thanks for the great info soulsauce hopefully you can drop some addy's to these parties you listed. Peace.

all good!

the coffe shop is on union sq & 16th st....

the dat party is so small they held it in a dance studio in the city and was sooo cool b/c you didnt have the pressure of regular club/lounge obligations & rules. Everyone there was having a nice time dancing ... they were getting open!!! lol.... those soulful parties have a partiular style of dance ive never seen... it's like an arobic/yoga/streching style of dance.. they roll around on the floor and crawl and do handstands and backflips... lol..

last time i heard together in spirit was near F.I.T. on 27th st... havent heard of them lately...

you may also like the Deep See party by eman and Lola (bang the party) on tuesdays.... it's $5 to get in... nice party too... at Saphire lounge on eldrige.

You can get the low down on deephousepage.com.... that's a soulful website all the parties are promoted there. soulful real earthy organic tropical style of music with a nice vibe... it is different.

you should come to one of my parties... WE HAVE A GOOD TIME... small but very nice n quaint! VEEEEEEERY friendly people... :) we go all across the board musically, soulful, tropical, dark progressive... whatevaaaaa!

Our family has grown to one of the funnest bunches! lol... we all crazy... but lots of fun. Creative bunch. lol...

chao have a good weekend!

See how easy it is to be more positive.

Actually the After-hours party at Crobar in the VIP room was soulful house music and the crowd were LOVING IT!

While Calderone was rocking the main room. all the ladies, celebs and club staff were in the VIP getting down to some real cool house music. Even the hot bartenders were jumping on top of the bar to get their groove on.

Hope this is sign that Crobar cares about the music more than the bottles sold.

Jury still out on that one.......

Originally posted by hookahmana

See how easy it is to be more positive.

Actually the After-hours party at Crobar in the VIP room was soulful house music and the crowd were LOVING IT!

While Calderone was rocking the main room. all the ladies, celebs and club staff were in the VIP getting down to some real cool house music. Even the hot bartenders were jumping on top of the bar to get their groove on.

Hope this is sign that Crobar cares about the music more than the bottles sold.

Jury still out on that one.......

Lots of exciting stuff coming in the next few weeks.

Now that Christmas and New Year's are over we have a lot of good plans ahead.

Originally posted by soulsauce

all good!

the coffe shop is on union sq & 16th st....

the dat party is so small they held it in a dance studio in the city and was sooo cool b/c you didnt have the pressure of regular club/lounge obligations & rules. Everyone there was having a nice time dancing ... they were getting open!!! lol.... those soulful parties have a partiular style of dance ive never seen... it's like an arobic/yoga/streching style of dance.. they roll around on the floor and crawl and do handstands and backflips... lol..

last time i heard together in spirit was near F.I.T. on 27th st... havent heard of them lately...

you may also like the Deep See party by eman and Lola (bang the party) on tuesdays.... it's $5 to get in... nice party too... at Saphire lounge on eldrige.

You can get the low down on deephousepage.com.... that's a soulful website all the parties are promoted there. soulful real earthy organic tropical style of music with a nice vibe... it is different.

you should come to one of my parties... WE HAVE A GOOD TIME... small but very nice n quaint! VEEEEEEERY friendly people... :) we go all across the board musically, soulful, tropical, dark progressive... whatevaaaaa!

Our family has grown to one of the funnest bunches! lol... we all crazy... but lots of fun. Creative bunch. lol...

chao have a good weekend!

Thanks for the nfo. I work alot but maybe one day one of your parties will coincide with my schedule. Keep us up to date on your party. Peace.