Clubplanet Nightlife Community

noise ordinances......

richbru

haha....you cant throw a love parade on sobe. they wont bother giving you a ticket, theyll arrest you on the spot... ive personally thought about going from first street to 20th on an h1 with tables and spinning...but i wouldnt want to get ticketed/arrested.

Originally posted by richbru

Anyone know what the noise laws are on sobe? Hypothetical situation: someone parks along ocean dr. with a van loaded with a sound system and decks and starts to play. Is there going to be a hassle for anyone?

Bring a lawyer with you.

not one of you has told me why 'I would be arrested' or "not a good idea". What charges would be brought? I am not talking about doing a 'love parade'!! Just playing some good tunes on the beach!! People run around with boom boxes all day -- what is the difference if you are parked in a vehicle and your boom box is larger than most?

I mean, are we talking about disturbing the peace (in sobe?!!?!)

The police have very little tolerance for noise on SoBe streets, especially Ocena Drive. In essence, violation of noise ordinances = disturbing the peace. Noise has been a problem down there for some time, just coming from the clubs. Police don't want to hear it coming out of slow moving vehicles on Ocean Drive. In fact, they'll use it as a pretext to search your vehicle. Save yourself the hassle and do not try this.

Dont worry about it bring your van with your speakers the cops will be fine with it, they wont do anything, they might even whip out the cartboard box and start break dancing next to your car. If they were to give you a ticket then they would have to try to close clubs down like Nikki Beach or Opium and you know they will never try to do that..... trust me you'll be fine.:laugh:

you could get arrested,the noise ordinance on south beach says that if you can be heard 100 ft away is ilegal,i personally have seen people in cars getting arrested around ocean drive,my business is in that area and some cops have zero tolerance for that.

Originally posted by richbru

I am not talking about doing a 'love parade'!!

i guess its time for you to do your research on the first few love parades...

if you knew why i said love parade, then maybe you would have laughed about it. but since you dont, then i guess its time for you to do some reading :aright:

I HAD a dream.... where i had 2 decks, 3 cdj1000's, a djm600 and an FX unit on the sands of south beach. Where, 10,000 cheese heads and house heads came together to become one under the miami sunset! ohh wait....this was before i found out i could get arrested for having a harmless dream... :rolleyes: