Clubplanet Nightlife Community

saab 9-2x

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

http://www.saabusa.com/main/US/en/index_flash.xml

the link is on the botton of the webpage...right next to the 9-7x

Boy, this is def. one slow death of a brand/s. :blown: Pretty soon we wont be able to tell the difference between them. I know its supposed to incorporate the ingenuity of two good brands, but some things were never meant to mixed. If I'm not mistaken, wasnt the heavy division of Saab (Scania) separated from it ??

Anyone know where can get a Renault ?

Originally posted by magellanmax

If I'm not mistaken, wasnt the heavy division of Saab (Scania) separated from it ??

Anyone know where can get a Renault ?

Scania sold its remaining 50% stake to GM a couple of years ago.

The 9-3 was an example of the good that can come from platform sharing (the Chevy Malibu & Malibu Maxx, Vauxhall/Opel Vectra & Signum, and the next-gen Alfa Romeo 156 all use it). It is a shame that GM will also provide examples of the bad platform sharing. :cuss:

the new Nissan Quest looks like the Espace (and shares the engine). That is the closest you are going to get for a couple of years until the next Sentra comes out (will be based upon the Megane i think).

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

Scania sold its remaining 50% stake to GM a couple of years ago.

The 9-3 was an example of the good that can come from platform sharing (the Chevy Malibu & Malibu Maxx, Vauxhall/Opel Vectra & Signum, and the next-gen Alfa Romeo 156 all use it). It is a shame that GM will also provide examples of the bad platform sharing. :cuss:

the new Nissan Quest looks like the Espace (and shares the engine). That is the closest you are going to get for a couple of years until the next Sentra comes out (will be based upon the Megane i think).

anyone know how they are gonna market this crossbreed ? maybe put them in Saab and Subaru showrooms? Its such a shame as to how the detroit big 3 have invaded the euro and Japanese manufacturer lines and watered them down :rolleyes:

The reason I'm so incensed is coz, everytime I see a Saab 93 commercial I just drool for it and the reality sets in that it will never be the same product anymore :mad: But then again, there are people who will like it enuff to roll them out of the showrooms...just not me.