Clubplanet Nightlife Community

was the space passport worth it last year?

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like some advice on this as well. Cotton, I checked out the forum you linked too but only 1 person (eastcoastbabe) actually commented on the question. Seems her opinion is it was too crowded.

I searched this forum and the Miami forum for "space and passports" and "space and passes" but haven't found anything relating to using the passports available during the WMC.

So, of course it's going to be packed. But the question is, did the passports at least let you avoid part of the huge line, etc? Thanks.

also whats thge deal with the 3 day thing, there are 5 nights listed at space....

Friday 3/5 Rock the Vote Presents PAUL VAN DYK

Saturday 3/6 Yoshitoshi Presents DEEP DISH

Sunday 3/7 SPACE PRESENTS TIESTO & Afterhours

Monday 3/8 URB Presents Winter Oasis

Tuesday 3/9 Perfecto and Space Present Oakie

Can you only use it 3 times or is it good to go to all 5?

i've never gotten one cause i don't plan that well, but here's at least part of the deal:

its a 3 day pass but is good for any of the 5 nights...as in you pick the three you want to go to.

in terms of $$'s - if you are sure you are going 3 times its def worth it. I don't know about cutting the line or anything though.

I got the space pass last year. You can attend any 3 nights out of the 5 nights listed using your pass.

Cover on any given night started around $50. If you go two nights, the pass is paid for. If you go 3 nights, its like getting in one night for free. Make sense?

Also, there were separate lines for pass/non-pass holders. The line for pass holders was almost nonexistent last year. I don't think I waited for more than a few minutes each night I was there.

Its also a nice little souvenir. I got PvD to sign mine last year :)

i believe that they are a card and they get stamped or something AND i think that they then also toss the bracelet on you - so i mean you could share it maybe but it would only be good for 3 entrances (so you could use it 2 nights and someone else 1 night).

but once you're out and its stamped or whatever you wouldn't be able to get back in with it without using up another night or something.

^ ok i just made that up cause i don't really remember, but they have something in place to control this if i recall

I didnt have the Space pass last year, but I attemted to go after Ultra to see Deep Dish and cover was $100 at 3 AM. So I would think if you were going to go 2 nights and you didnt want to worry about money when you get there, this is the way to go. At least it will be for me.

Kevin

I got the pass last year as well. For the Picotto/Tiesto night I waited in the "pass" line for over 45 minutes. Both lines were huge. I think we waited a long time b/c the ppl at the door were checking our names off on a list the size of the Bible. The benefit is knowing that you'll get in eventually w/o having to overpay terribly. Picking up your pass is what takes a long time. It took FOREVER last year.

if u'r planning on going to space, here's some advice - go EARLY or LATE lol. u'll just pay the normal cover and not wait in a huge line. personally when i go there i make that my entire night so i just head within the first hour it opens, wait in line for like 10 minutes and that's that....

by the way, what time does it open.

I haven't been to space for about 3 years now...

I remember it used to open around 11pm? or was it midnight?

I have friends flying in from LA around 9:30... and would like to avoid any lines (if possible!)

thanks