Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NBA trade???

clubrat88

there doing the smart thing rippin that team down and gonna rebuild , There getting 2 first round picks from the knicks, and will be able to drop Mcdeyess salary and Wards salry by the end of the year freeing their cap up big time, in addition to dropping Marburys and Penny Hardaway big contracts

I like Marbury as the future of the Knicks but gave up too much w/ the picks and the ability to drop the cap room of ward /mcdeyess

Originally posted by bxbomb

there doing the smart thing rippin that team down and gonna rebuild , There getting 2 first round picks from the knicks, and will be able to drop Mcdeyess salary and Wards salry by the end of the year freeing their cap up big time, in addition to dropping Marburys and Penny Hardaway big contracts

I like Marbury as the future of the Knicks but gave up too much w/ the picks and the ability to drop the cap room of ward /mcdeyess

It's pretty much final...http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1700818

But I think Penny is in his final year of his contract as well. I don't like how we're gonna give up our #1 pick in 2004

Originally posted by nomembername

It's pretty much final...http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1700818

But I think Penny is in his final year of his contract as well. I don't like how we're gonna give up our #1 pick in 2004

WHO CARES ABOUT THAT! We're getting STARBURY!!!

FINALLY a true point guard. I knew Isaiah could clean up the place.

After the history of crappy first round picks the knicks have made, i could care less if they gave out their 1st round in 2004 pick.

This trade is great b/c:

A) knicks finally get a true Point guard

B)Kurt thomas can be happy and start again

C) Knicks get more offense

D) Knicks shed their 2-headed point guard in eisley and ward

E) we got rid of injury prone MCDyess

:D

Originally posted by bxbomb

marbury is a liability. a time bomb- keep his anme in pencil

Originally posted by vicman

lets go suuuuuunnnssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blank:

he gets 8 assists a game, get to the foul line- breaks down a defense- yet is not a winner- doenst make his team or teamates better- is an emotional time bomb-in the end- a lot of noise- and no results

sucks to loose marbury since he's the only good thing going on with the suns this year, but getting rid of penny is well worth it. those 2 first round draft choices will help the suns. i really have no idea where this team is heading to or what their plan is.

The Knicks have a tendency to fuck up their draft picks anyway. I'm glad we got rid of them. Marbury is gonna help this team out so much. We've been lacking the point guard department for a while.

All that's left is a strong center and we will have a championship contending team...

Thomas is makin some moves and rebuilding which is exactly what this franchise needs. It's about time to bring the Knicks to greatness...WOOHOO!

a few good points brought up but the suns have marion and stoudemire they dont need another forward, their whole team is guys around 6'8" and i dont think eisley or ward is starter material at all....its gonna make marion and stoudemire worse players when no one on the team can get them the ball unless barbosa pans out....draft picks are good but how many of the 58 players picked a year are bonafide stars??? maybe one or two a year..most are projects for three years or so and they had a top five point guard in marbury....knicks got rid of a loser in mcdyess and got the best of this deal in my eyes...

Originally posted by clubrat88

a few good points brought up but the suns have marion and stoudemire they dont need another forward, their whole team is guys around 6'8" and i dont think eisley or ward is starter material at all....its gonna make marion and stoudemire worse players when no one on the team can get them the ball unless barbosa pans out....draft picks are good but how many of the 58 players picked a year are bonafide stars??? maybe one or two a year..most are projects for three years or so and they had a top five point guard in marbury....knicks got rid of a loser in mcdyess and got the best of this deal in my eyes...

we can't say that just yet. historically, phoenix has been one of the best teams on draft day. their organization always seems to choose some sleeper, who was over looked. u think cedric ceballos, richard dumas, shawn marion, amare staudemire, michael finley, steve nash, jeff hornacek, all guys who turned out to be better than their draft positions. so we'll see; i'm glad to see that phoenix is freeing up so much cap room, maybe now they can get some premier guys.

I love how Marbury has to play with Van Horn again :laugh: I am a knick fan and all but remember when Marbury ripped Keith apart before the year saying that he isn't built for NY and shit.

should be interesting but I hope management isn't going to just be content in getting the damn 8th seed every god damn year!

marbury's from brooklyn. coney island to be exact. secondly, with how weak the east is, the knicks will probably make the playoffs and miss out on a lottery pick anyway. i doubt he'll be able to make his team mates better; he's never really been a winner neither anywhere he's been. they won one city title, but never the coveted state title. at georgia tech( his only year there) they got ousted in the second round of the ncaa's. and all his teams have been horrible to fairly bad teams. from t-wolves, to nets, to suns. unfortunately, i think the same pattern will continue here in NY. but i guess that remaines to be seen.

Well Maurbary's first game was tonight...he played like crap. Seeing him wearing that #3 makes me miss Starks! I used to love him...anyone know whatever happened to him? I know he bounced around to a few teams after the Knicks, but whats he up to now? Out of the league?

Originally posted by youarehot99

Well Maurbary's first game was tonight...he played like crap. Seeing him wearing that #3 makes me miss Starks! I used to love him...anyone know whatever happened to him? I know he bounced around to a few teams after the Knicks, but whats he up to now? Out of the league?

last i heard he was the head coach of the LOng Island Surf of the USBL. so he's still active in the NY area, doing charity work, and puclib functions and such in the area still.

Originally posted by FlipsSOE

last i heard he was the head coach of the LOng Island Surf of the USBL. so he's still active in the NY area, doing charity work, and puclib functions and such in the area still.

last time i saw him play in the NBA was with the Jazz. that must've been a real big change of pace, from NYC to Salt Lake City. wonder how he spent his free time out there.