Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This is just getting fucking rididculous, I just got laid off from BOTH my jobs last week. I have been looking for jobs in every newspaper from Hartford to New Haven to Manhattan and I can't find shit. I have checked craigs list, Career Builder, Monster Jobs, and Yahoo Jobs. Can anyone offer me some help or advice. Any would be more than greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

-Steve

BTW The Only job that I actually found was an ad on CP and I know that the interviews are htis friday, but they took the fucking ad offline and now I have no idea where it is.

Originally posted by djstevemelnick

This is just getting fucking rididculous, I just got laid off from BOTH my jobs last week. I have been looking for jobs in every newspaper from Hartford to New Haven to Manhattan and I can't find shit. I have checked craigs list, Career Builder, Monster Jobs, and Yahoo Jobs. Can anyone offer me some help or advice. Any would be more than greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

-Steve

BTW The Only job that I actually found was an ad on CP and I know that the interviews are htis friday, but they took the fucking ad offline and now I have no idea where it is.

yo man fuck the whole lookign in the paper or the internet for job openings.. whatever company you want to work for just go to the human resources department and ask what is available.. you can probably walk in to any one of the skyscrapers in the city and find a job.. you just gotta get off your ass and actually get out there..

Originally posted by djstevemelnick

Thanks in Advance!

-Steve

bro i feel ur pain man...i got laid off in may from a company i worked for 3 years for..i was a business analyst...i just got a part time job as an emergency room coordinator through my mom cause shes the RN whose in charge of the ER...its totally outta my realm but its actually a fun job...i did it just so i would get out of stayin home and collecting unemployment...my first job out of college was so insane it was hard to believe...at 22 i was making sick money in a non-stress working environment in a great location in manhattan...splurging money meant nothing...a year later i got a 6% increase...never worked a minute past 5 oclock...my company got bought out and the holding company went bankrupt so we laid almost everyone off including myself...i thought i would get something quick cause my resume is rather good but my connections arent panning out and the internet is a joke...chances r the only way ur gonna get something is through someone...its very demoralizing and frustrating cause i know im qualified to do any job out there...the few interviews i had from the internet never panned out for some reason...its so bad that im currently doing my paper work for the NYPD and if worst comes to worst ill have to go in the july class cause i need health benefits that are paid for cause paying COBRA every month is a bitch...its actually not a bad job and my dad is high ranking in the PD so ill have it good there...he lives a great life off it...his pention is astronomical, way better than any corporate job will ever give...unfortunately i wouldnt wanna waste my 4 years of breaking my ass in college to be a cop but this is the shit that u gotta deal with...i can always leave there if something came along anyway...i got plenty to say but its so depressing