Clubplanet Nightlife Community

suede, pm, panegea

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rivegauche
Originally posted by babbo

aramis- same door guy that serafina used on lafayette st??

yup that's him.

I'm mixed on marquee. I was there for new years, and it was fun, i had my friend steal one of those m&m pillows for me:laugh: Stopped by there on saturday and it was horrible, the vip was closed and it was nearly empty..dont know..maybe bc it was really late.

Pangaea to me has been one of the best places of recent years, as someone else mentioned the vibe in there during its hay day was insane. Yes the door was a pain in the ass; but for once it was well worth it. Selective door policies aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be they help maintain the integrity of the party in the sense that they allow people in who are there to just have fun, and isn't that what everyone complains about?

Over the last 6-8 months it just died. To many guidos starting fights which stemmed from a relaxed door policy. Oh well all good things come to an end.

Suede I always considered hit or miss and I think its still is. But its still a good Tuesday night choice.

PM I don't really like, lots of old school hip hop (not my thing) crowd is def one of the best around at this time but I just don't really feel the space at all.

The owner of Pangaea has tried to make lighting strike twice with Nocturne and even though I frequent there about once or twice a week it will be old news by spring. Meaning the crowd is blah, music's good but I think being right in the village affects the venue a lot for the crowd its targeted at.

Marquee I haven't made it to yet, but if anyone has ... do tell.

Guest rivegauche

yeah, nocturne was a huge disappointment. But i think mainly because everyone was expecting this place to be as crazy as pangea was back in it's day...and well.. it's just hard to measure up to that.

I dont think Marquee is gonna hold out for too long...actually i think it's on it's way out already.

Guest rivegauche
Originally posted by nyctruth

is there a website for marquee and pm, never really heard of them, so pm is the place to be nowadays or whats the place to be

whats so exclusive

i would say pm is one of the better ones..go there.

Originally posted by xkingchangox

Pay $10K , get a access card or a friends with member and are invited as a guest.

However, I deem it to be to stuffy , even though the pool is probably great in the summer.

not stuffy- great venue- fabulous 'rooms', restaurant, bar lounges, pool is fab in summer and winter- partys there are fab

and how do u get in that society, just have to know people and what kind of people are those, sounds really interesting soundlike cult too though

nothing insulting- but if ya gota ask, then...

cult- no man- its a private club- can you dig it??

i mean im not trying to ask anybody and i think its cool that certain people get selected and all that, i dont even wanna go there im just curious what people get selected and what people are tehre nothing more , but i do like the idea of that. just want to konw more. i understand u ahve to be recommended by 2 people and stuff but what kinds of people there, just like high society, ceos or what, sounds all just interesting

i mean im not trying to ask anybody and i think its cool that certain people get selected and all that, i dont even wanna go there im just curious what people get selected and what people are tehre nothing more , but i do like the idea of that. just want to konw more. i understand u ahve to be recommended by 2 people and stuff but what kinds of people there, just like high society, ceos or what, sounds all just interesting

yea like that lol

a lot of these places are more known for thier door policy than thier venue or thier dj. but once u get in, the crowd is all chill, and as someone said before, probably because you had to know somebody to get in in the first place.

PM....great crowd, very party vibe...i never understood the wall painting of the Haitian ppl tho.....i remember the place used to be so packed, there was literally NO place to move at all.....i never had a problem getting in because i had friends who knew ppl but i'm guessing it would be hard if you didn't know somebody or Aramis. i remember ppl shouting out his name even though he wasn't even outside...and this one girl was about to cry.

pangaea...seems to be trying very hard to maintain its old image..but its not the same as it used to be.

suede....door no problem but i found the ppl there to be quite rude...we had bottle service but they were still trying to make us pay ....service *thumbs down*

i've gone out with ppl who run the parties and with ppl who don't kno anyone at all and its very different experiences.