Pete Rose.......  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pete Rose.......

• No, he should not be allowed back in baseball on any level
    • He should be in the Hall of Fame, but not be a manager
    • Yes - Hall of Fame and as a manager - both allowed
    • He should be in the Hall of Shame...what a fucking loser
    • Who the fuck is Pete Rose?

But ofcourse - the man is a legend. This is kaka. Football players can do crack, nba players can rape, etc etc. Bet on a game and you're fucked for life - come on now - this guy has paid his dues already.

p.s. i missed the interview as well.

I'm pretty sure Daryll was hired as a "talent manager" or some shit by the yankees...lol...you have to love pete rose though..

"Yes, sir, I did bet on baseball,'' Rose told Selig during the private meeting.

"How often?'' Selig asked.

"Four or five times a week,'' Rose replied. ``But I never bet against my own team, and I never made any bets from the clubhouse.''

"Why?'' Selig asked.

"I didn't think I'd get caught.''

:laugh: :laugh:

Yes he should be allowed in the HOF and yes he should be allowed to manage. People make mistakes. Are you gonna hold something against someone for the rest of their lives? The guy has been punished enough with all the embarassment and shit that he's already gone thru for all these years.

The guy made a TERRIBLE mistake.... and he has been punished...

Darryl Strawberry - crack head - in/out of rehab numerous times...

Lawrence Taylor - one of thee best LB'ers to play the game.... crack head.

OJ .... well ....... all though I thought he was innocent, doesn't take away that there are 2 unexplained deaths in his neighborhood.

Sammy Sosa - got caught using a cork-filled bat... does that count?

All these guys are in or are going in the HOF........and they ALL made mistakes........

LET ROSE IN!!!!!!!!:eek:

My cousin was telling me how they were discussing Pete and all this nonsense. He said one guy went on and on about how Pete effected baseball negatively and impacted children...blah blah blah...and then they cut into the betting lines for the nfl this weekend...lmfao....pete rose was just a scapegoat people wanted to toss all their shit on...he's carried enough loads for one man...let him move the fuck on...

They should let him in for all his contributions on the field. It definitely was incredible to watch him play.

As for his gambling on baseball, there's only one thing that matters - whether he bet on Reds games. He still denies it but people involved say he did. That's reprehensible, and that's the only reason I can think of for why he took so long to admit that he bet on baseball (in general).

I don't think you can compare this to Darryl Strawberry. His drug offenses do not directly stain the game of baseball, but rather the player individually.

Look at OJ. He murdered his wife (okay, legally, he caused her wrongful death). He's not getting kicked out of the Hall. It stains the person, not the game.

Gambling on games within your control stains the entire institution of the sport. So there is good reason not to let Rose into the Hall.

Still, I say let him in and let the fans remember what they will about him.

Originally posted by phatman

I'm pretty sure Daryll was hired as a "talent manager" or some shit by the yankees...lol...you have to love pete rose though..

"Yes, sir, I did bet on baseball,'' Rose told Selig during the private meeting.

"How often?'' Selig asked.

"Four or five times a week,'' Rose replied. ``But I never bet against my own team, and I never made any bets from the clubhouse.''

"Why?'' Selig asked.

"I didn't think I'd get caught.''

:laugh: :laugh:

good ball player indeed- but a fucking white trash moron- who gives a shit- if hes in or out- big fucking dog shit- he made his own bed- lmfao

Let him in the hall of fame, he's one of the greatest hitters ever and deserves it.

But no way no how should this scumbag be allowed back in baseball. He bet on the sport he coached...I dont care if he bet on his own team or the game he was involved in or not. Thats a huge no-no in pro sports. Not only that, he lied about it for 14 years...and the only reason he is coming clean now is to make $ by writing about it in a book. Not because he feels bad or wants to come clean...its for publicity to sell books.

Originally posted by lolahotass

The guy made a TERRIBLE mistake.... and he has been punished...

Darryl Strawberry - crack head - in/out of rehab numerous times...

Lawrence Taylor - one of thee best LB'ers to play the game.... crack head.

OJ .... well ....... all though I thought he was innocent, doesn't take away that there are 2 unexplained deaths in his neighborhood.

Sammy Sosa - got caught using a cork-filled bat... does that count?

All these guys are in or are going in the HOF........and they ALL made mistakes........

LET ROSE IN!!!!!!!!:eek:

Straw isnt going into the Hall of Fame...its a shame because he probably could have had a HOF career without all those injuries and arrests.