Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Congrats to the Newly Elected Hall of Famers!

Codica3

BTW -- here were the final standings for votes:

Player Votes %

Paul Molitor 431 85.2

Dennis Eckersley 421 83.2

Ryne Sandberg 309 61.1

Bruce Sutter 301 59.5

Jim Rice 276 54.5

Andre Dawson 253 50

"Goose" Gossage 206 40.7

Lee Smith 185 36.6

Bert Blyleven 179 35.4

Jack Morris 133 26.3

Steve Garvey 123 24.3

Tommy John 111 21.9

Alan Trammell 70 13.8

Don Mattingly 65 12.8

Dave Concepcion 57 11.3

Dave Parker 53 10.5

Dale Murphy 43 8.5

Keith Hernandez 22 4.3

Joe Carter 19 3.8

Fernando Valenzuela 19 3.8

Dennis Martinez 16 3.2

Dave Stieb 7 1.4

Jim Eisenreich 3 0

Jimmy Key 3 0

Doug Drabek 2 0

Kevin Mitchell 2 0

Juan Samuel 2 0

Cecil Fielder 1 0

Randy Myers 1 0

Terry Pendleton 1 0

Danny Darwin 0 0

Bob Tewksbury 0 0

...way too many people on that list...either way, i'd have to have a big fat 0 next to my name...lol...and i believe it was Richard Goose Gossage...idk how but i was a yankees fan when i was a kid...ridiculous teams though with craig nettles, reggie jackson, etc...then i morphed into a mets fan...lol

Originally posted by phatman

...way too many people on that list...either way, i'd have to have a big fat 0 next to my name...lol...and i believe it was Richard Goose Gossage...idk how but i was a yankees fan when i was a kid...ridiculous teams though with craig nettles, reggie jackson, etc...then i morphed into a mets fan...lol

Traitor!! :mad::tongue:

Originally posted by vicman

hey, i just noticed the 'goose' is in that list, wtf is wrong with these writers? 'goose' gossage should be in the hall just for his cool name. :D

BTW -- if you're gonna go with that philosophy, then Coco Crisp of the Cleveland Indians and Milton Bradley (also CLE) should be there too. :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by Codica3

BTW -- if you're gonna go with that philosophy, then Coco Crisp of the Cleveland Indians and Milton Bradley (also CLE) should be there too. :laugh: :laugh:

lol :laugh:

now that is a cool name.

i recall watching goose when he was a yankee, but then he also became the padre's closer in '84 when they won their first NL west and NL title and made it to the WS the first time. those mustard colored uni's rawked!!

i swear baseball is the hardest sport to get into your hall of fame. and the sad part is, most of the deseving ones on that list won't get in. because every year, new guys become eligible, and every year that passes means one less memory of an old veteran who was solid, unfortunately forgotten. and plus these next few years u got some wack ass players eligible, who r going to get in on pure recognition. you got wade boggs next year whose wack. ripken and gwynn(who actually does deserve it) the following year, and god knows whose to follow. then u got possibly pete rose(def deserving) when ever he gets reinstated. next thing you know, clemens will be eligible in 3 years later, maddux whenever he retires; then ur gonna have new controversy as the mcgriffs, palmeiros, and roberto alomars of the world become eligible. it seems as if to make it to the hall u have to have 15 solid years, which let's face it, is damn near impossible, and some of the guys elected don't have, but are voted in anyway; cause they were "nice" to the writers (voters) during their playing days.

blah