Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who's Been To Ibiza? Need Some Advice

i'll be goin this august/september, and we'll be booking the trip within the next month. but i need some advice on the best way to go about this trip. i got some questions:

how long did u go for?

where's a good place to stay?

did u book thru a travel agent or take an online deal?

wut kind of package did u get(all-inclusive, etc.)?

how much did u pay for airfare/hotel?

how much did u spend during the trip?

answers to any of these questions will help me out. im just trying to get a general idea of how other ppl went about this trip. my main concern is whether we should use a travel agent or try some online deal.

thanks

how long did u go for? I was in Spain for a week but only spent 4 days in Ibiza, not long enough. If you want to enjoy the beaches and all the clubs, stay for a week. Plus you might need some rest between clubbing, I sure did even after 4 days!

where's a good place to stay? I stayed at a hotel in Playa den Bossa near Space. Playa den Bossa was far from most things except for Bora Bora and Space. I would recommend staying in Ibiza town, that's where everything is happening.

did u book thru a travel agent or take an online deal? Travel agents really couldn't find me any good deals at the time. I booked everything separately online. I decided to go last minute which is probably why I didn't get a good deal on airfare.

how much did u pay for airfare/hotel? Hotel can be cheap if you share a room with friends. I was staying with 4 other people in a room and we spent $20 a day on a 2 star hotel. Airfaire from the U.S. was about $1000.

how much did u spend during the trip? Takes lots of money. Cover for most clubs is around $50, unless you're guestlisted. Alcohol is ridiculously expensive so drink at the local bar first before hitting the clubs. Or don't drink at all!

I luved Ibiza, I'm sure you will have a blast! Later.

I would get on the ibiza-spotlight.com forums, the ppl on there are very helpful. They are total Ibiza experts and can lead you in the right direction.

I think it is pretty safe on the island, the locals will try to sell you things on the streets but that's it. We ended up hitching rides with some of the locals. But there are shady people on the island. We had a hard time catching a cab at one club and all these random ppl were trying to charge us ridiculous amounts of $$ for a ride to our hotel. Just stay with a group of ppl and use your best instinct. You'll run into a ton of f'ed up ppl. I got pickpocketed in Barcelona so be careful if you're going on the mainland.

The attitudes of the crowds depends on the clubs you go to.

I heard Manumission is cheesy. Don't miss Cocoon night at Amnesia, DC-10, the terrace @ Space, and Pacha. Also during the day, you should check Bora Bora in Playa den Bossa. It is a basically a big beach party with people dancin' like crazy.

Also I would try to talk to the people at the clubs to find out about after hour parties. The highlight of my trip was an afterhours party with Sven Vath. It started at 8am and was on this secluded beach cove in the middle of nowhere. By 2pm, the beach was packed with Sven pounding out the beats. Richie Hawtin even stopped by for a visit!

xtcgspot:

1.) DO NOT stay in San Antonio. The crowds are nasty hard-core !, Playa D'enbosa and Figueretas are better choices, Ibiza town is great but can be pricey

2.) make sure you get enough time to rest and party. There are so many beautiful beaches and cool hang-outs in the island !, try Sa Trinxa as a beach hang out as well as Bora Bora and the sun set in Cafe del mar in San Antonio (the oly time you should go to San Antonio)

3.) rent an appartment instead of hotel. food is cheap and you can cook and appartments tend to be less expensive then hotels

4.) the clubs not too miss are:

Privilege for Manumission

Space for We Love Sundays

Pacha

DC-10

secondary I would put El divino (snobby sort-a and Amnesia which has it's fun and hardcore nights) & pin up (same owners as danzatoria in Barcelona)

lastly and i don't recommend them, but if you wanna go Eden and Es Paradis

there's a club which I cannot remeber the name but Layo & Bushwacka hang there and the night is by Mr.C that's upposed to be incredible but I cannot remeber the name

locals are friendly and you can meet people just y hanging around the regular bars and restaurants. eventually you get to meet people that help hook you up at the clubs, etc.

5.) rent a car. all the clubs have ample parking and they're far away from each other. taxi's can be pricey

6.) check out the mountain towns, they're beautiful and much less expensive to eat and drink and damn picturesque

7.) If you have time check out Atlantis. You gotta hike there, but it's worth it. unspoiled beach !

8.) if you have a day or so, do a day trip to Formentera, it is one of the most beautiful island you will ever see. It is only 40 minute ferry ride from Ibiza town, infact you can see Formentera from Ibiza

9.) don't go on a prepaid package, they actually tend to be more expensive

hope this helps !

been to ibiza twice, definitely going again this year. last summer i stayed in figueretas - location is perfect, cuz it's right between playa den bossa and ibiza town, didn't even have to rent a car or take cabs, everything was in reasonable walking distance. just don't stay in hotel realto - it was horrible other than the fact that it was right on the beach. if you're willing to splurge a bit, stay at hotel es vive in figueretas. it's such an awesome hotel - cool party people, great atmosphere, but a bit pricey.

i don't recommend staying in santa eularia - stayed there at friend's vacation house two summers ago, mainly just old people and families. absolutely nothing going on!

on both trips i stayed for a week.

i flew from germany, so tix were very cheap (150$)

if you can, i'd recommend you to fly in may-june, since a lot of families with kids fly there during school vacation (june-sept) - mainly brits and germans.

hope i could help!

xtcgspot:

I hope you can make it !!! Ibiza is DOPE !!!!, when you get out of the airport, on the highway billboards are huge club advertisements, in the airport, the backlit signs that usually advertise liquor or perfumes, advertise clubs !, the last time I went (june) the first you saw when you got out of the airport was a huge billboard with a picture of Carl Cox announcing his residency @ Space for we love sundays. you can start a night at Pacha on saturday (this year it was subliminal on saturdays), when they close go to Space for we love sundays (on sunday morning) party all night, when they close can then go to DC-10 (monday morning) party all day, you have few hours to kill and head to Privilege for Manumission, party all night and end up tuesday morning @ the carry-on party of Manumission until about oh say 4:00 p.m., so from saturday to tuesday you can almost party non-stop ! after that you can take few days to recoup and enjoy the chill hang outs ! (there's nothing like it !!)

btw, If you go to Manumission, stay until the end !, most of the time they will hand out free admission tickets to the carry-on party @ Space. And that party is off the hook !, alot of industry people and clubs staff head out for that one, and they are ready to party ! really cool vibe !

Originally posted by jcmia

xtcgspot:

I hope you can make it !!! Ibiza is DOPE !!!!, when you get out of the airport, on the highway billboards are huge club advertisements, in the airport, the backlit signs that usually advertise liquor or perfumes, advertise clubs !, the last time I went (june) the first you saw when you got out of the airport was a huge billboard with a picture of Carl Cox announcing his residency @ Space for we love sundays. you can start a night at Pacha on saturday (this year it was subliminal on saturdays), when they close go to Space for we love sundays (on sunday morning) party all night, when they close can then go to DC-10 (monday morning) party all day, you have few hours to kill and head to Privilege for Manumission, party all night and end up tuesday morning @ the carry-on party of Manumission until about oh say 4:00 p.m., so from saturday to tuesday you can almost party non-stop ! after that you can take few days to recoup and enjoy the chill hang outs ! (there's nothing like it !!)

btw, If you go to Manumission, stay until the end !, most of the time they will hand out free admission tickets to the carry-on party @ Space. And that party is off the hook !, alot of industry people and clubs staff head out for that one, and they are ready to party ! really cool vibe !

Heh heh.. you forgot that last year.. at 4pm Tuesday Garlands opened at Pin Up .. and went on until 6am.. (or you could head over to Miss Moneypenny's at El Divino at midnight until 7am..) followed by Space until 4pm.. when Soul Heaven opened at Pin Up again at 4pm with a BBQ - again until the morning.. followed by Space again... So that pretty much makes it from Saturday until Thursday afternoon.. How much stamina have you got!! LOL

Originally posted by stickylicky

Heh heh.. you forgot that last year.. at 4pm Tuesday Garlands opened at Pin Up .. and went on until 6am.. (or you could head over to Miss Moneypenny's at El Divino at midnight until 7am..) followed by Space until 4pm.. when Soul Heaven opened at Pin Up again at 4pm with a BBQ - again until the morning.. followed by Space again... So that pretty much makes it from Saturday until Thursday afternoon.. How much stamina have you got!! LOL

:D :D :D :D How could I have missed those, silly me !