Clubplanet Nightlife Community

money problems...

nSyNcBaBy

i dont use major credit cards.... i have a VS card an express card and a nordstrom card... but they KILLLL MEEE lol

whats really killing me is my $270 phone bill... its 200 more than it should be :cry:

plus my car payment and insurance payment are due within 2 days of each other :mad:

but i seriously have to hide my cc's and stop online shopping :(

i think i need SA. shoppaholics anonymous.

i just cant stop!

Originally posted by dgmodel

take it easy with cell phones...

the worst thing to do or advise ppl to do...

most successful ppl have only two cards, one for biz and one for personal... and never go over their means... never go more than 20% of your net monthly income in debt... NEVER... the average balance on ppls cc's is $8,367... Ten years ago it was $3,332... and its just getting crazier... i think this is why the dollar is dropping in the currency mkts ppl are anticipating a pop in the credit/stock market/housing bubble... and the economy really isnt picking up the gov. is just pumping it full of money, and most ppl are still unemployed and blah blah blah it... its all very reminiscent of '87 so IMO clear up your debt, save your cash, and get ready to buy/invest once this happends... CASH IS KING...

maybe this may help:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/financial-literacy/calculators/MinPayment.asp

smart words. i almost always use cash because it's so much easier to discipline your spending & budget yourself when you actually see your balance going lower and lower when you're overspending. it's so easy to charge everything but then you get your bill at the end of the month and want to kick yourself in the ass. learn to establish good credit when your young and you'll be set for life. i would guess that people our age have the worst credit and it only keeps going downhill.

i have really good credit actually...and i never have a problem paying my bills.. but this past month im retarted cuz i keep buying more when i still have shit to pay off.. :mad::banghead: and i use cash a lot too cuz the only cards i have are for like 3 different stores so theres only so much i can buy with them u know? but the more cash i spend... the less i have to pay them off :mad:

lol ah to hell with it allllllllllll

Originally posted by dgmodel

take it easy with cell phones...

the worst thing to do or advise ppl to do...

Not if your max on credit cards is $1500, and the interest is low (5% 1st year, 19.99% after).

I wouldn't THINK if having a $8000 allowance on my credit card :jawdrop:

haha it's a vicious cycle... you know what you should do? just take those 3 cards out of your wallet and use cash only on neccessities until you've paid off your bills and saved up some more.

i steer clear from the mall and stores in NYC when my balance is a little low. it's too tempting!

..I've never had a credit card except for in college and I used that only in emergency situations... I was thinking of getting another one to buy maybe two big ticket items a year. My personal point of view is: I don't buy it unless i have the cash on hand or I can have it paid within a quarter or so (depending on what I bought).

The consumer debt load in this country is staggering. I can't tell you how many people in Silver Lake (up here near white plains) and Purchase whine about not having any money, yet they overpaid to the tune of over a million dollars for a house. Yeah, you got the phat pad, but now you're drowning in it..

Let the Loan defaults begin!...:aright:..

Originally posted by mssabina

haha it's a vicious cycle... you know what you should do? just take those 3 cards out of your wallet and use cash only on neccessities until you've paid off your bills and saved up some more.

i steer clear from the mall and stores in NYC when my balance is a little low. it's too tempting!

I mostly do use ca$h!

I only have 2 cards, and i've already reached the limit on both ($1500 each)

Sometimes i have no choice but to pay the minimum. But when i can, i try to shave off a big chunk.

It's messed up b.c credit companies feed off young, ignorant people. If somthing sounds too good, it probably is.

why i use credit cards

i generally have the self-discipline needed to control my spending....recording ALL of my expenses in a spreadsheet helps me budget my money too and know where my money is going....i use excel but MS Money is supposed to be good.

also since i'm a student 3 out of my 4 credit cards have limits of $1000 or less....can't go too overboard with $3800 in credit.

Originally posted by gmccookny

Not if your max on credit cards is $1500, and the interest is low (5% 1st year, 19.99% after).

I wouldn't THINK if having a $8000 allowance on my credit card :jawdrop:

19.9% is high thats like 15 points higher than prime... and most retail credit cards A&F, Gap, BR, Bloomies, Saks etc.. are in the 16-20% area regardless of your credit scores or fica or what who your uncle is...