Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Absinthe

djsquillz

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

I have a couple bottles from Portugal here...

Honestly..nothing special. Ive had it hundreds of times never felt anything weird.

Tek

when i was in europe i had some........the alcohol content is tht equivalent of everclear.......so i got drunk.......tastes like a black twizzler and it burned going down.......but did not trip at all......two of my friends puked....one of them went to the hospital.

i agree nothing special

you gotta get over the hump, drink one more than you think you should. I have the shit from the Czech republic and it's damn good. but, i've never fully tripped out on it. I should set aside a night where I do nothing but drink Absinthe.

Last time I was drinking it, I was smoking a cuban cigar. The cigar tasted great, but since I smoke once about every 3-4 years, that combo damn near killed me. I had to excuse myself and visit a tree. ;-(

Originally posted by dmgreenz

you gotta get over the hump, drink one more than you think you should. I have the shit from the Czech republic and it's damn good. but, i've never fully tripped out on it. I should set aside a night where I do nothing but drink Absinthe.

Last time I was drinking it, I was smoking a cuban cigar. The cigar tasted great, but since I smoke once about every 3-4 years, that combo damn near killed me. I had to excuse myself and visit a tree. ;-(

dont swallow the cigar smoke:idea:

I'm kind of against online purchasing,but this product absinthe seems to be worth trying. personally I miss the ghb "floating feeling" that i used to buy from GNC. But I guess getting drunk as #uck and spinning is better than eating these half ass E >ills.

Originally posted by hero47

where is the cheapest you can buy it from?? cause I thought no one sells it with the Thujone ingredient anymore

you can't buy the one with thujone in the states, but it's legal overseas. there are plenty of sites that will ship it here though. run a search through google and it will point you to these sites. shop around though, some of the sites can be shady :shaky:. the more reputable sites will give you the proof of the absinthe as well as it's thujone content.

Originally posted by shroomzz

someone was telling me in the past about an alcoholic drink that makes you hallucinate, I was wondering if this was it, or are there others??

this is most likely it...it's the only one that i have ever heard of. it has a really high proof (around 160 or so) and depending on the brand some amount of thujone; an extract from the wormwood plant (thats the trippy component).

I've never tried this stuff yet...I'm not at all into being drunk

but if I did want to try it I'd just get the wormwood and simmer it in grain (why pay somebody to fuck up what you can fuck up your self for free?{remember...uhhh grain is flammable})

course I'd do a little research first and not just try to do some idiot's on the net method

or I met someone a week or two ago who said he makes a tea out of just the wormwood once a week...he said it doesn't really mess him up ... I guess the active constiuants of the wormwood combine with the grain to ... do what ever...anyway he said the tea was nice pleasent and good for cleaning the body

might be worth looking into to kill some time one day

Absynthe is just like any sort of grain alcohol in my opinion. Tastes like shit...burns like hell....

The way you are supposed to drink this stuff is by lighting a tablespoon of sugar on fire till it carmelizes, then QUICKLY stir it into the shot of Absynthe (obviously put the shot in a glass, not a shot glass, in order to stir).

I don't know what kinda Absynthe other people claim to "trip" on b/c I brought some home from the Czech Rep and didn't "trip" at all. You might as well drink a bottle of Robitussin for a Robo-trip.....;)

my friend got a bottle sent to him from his friend in prauge, i never claimed to trip on it,

it gives u this nice floaty happy feeling, but its not the same as drinking grain alcohol, or getting "plastered" its a diffrent kind of drunk

and thats exactly what we did, caramilize a spoon full of surgar, then gulped it down, i had fun:D