Clubplanet Nightlife Community

so true

pattbateman

dick, slavery was ended everywhere else without war...

only america had to resort to that...

and besides, it wasn't slavery per se, it was that the southern states wanted out of the union, that's why there was the war, to keep america unified, not to end slavery...

and communism...

I believe that collapsed without invading russia, and I believe it's because the version of communism in russia was a totalitarian dictatorship relying on fear, not real communism as marx would have recognised it.

and as for hitler.

well if it wasn't for American investment in Germany and co-operation between people likes of Standard Oil - now Exxon - and IG Farben - which was basically the german war machine, and the two companies did work very close together, then there would have been no hitler, no war machine and no war...

the more I study it the more i am inclined to believe that hitler was the big prototype of American foriegn policy for the latter half of the 20th C.

build up dictator. support him covertly. make money from him. then when he goes crazy. bomb the shit out of him, thus gaining control of his country and assets...

ever heard the song from the intro of Cannon Fodder by Sensible Software? probably played it, but only on the Amiga and PC and CD versions did you get the song with lyrics:

War

never been so much fun / Go to you brother / kill him with your gun / leave him lying in his uniform / dying in the sun

War

War never been so much fun / Go to you brother / kill him with your gun / leave him lying in his uniform / dying in the sun

War

K-K-Kill him

kill him with your gun

kill him with your gun

So much fun

War

W-w-w-w-war

go gogogo

Go to you brother

Go go to you brother

Go go go to you brother / kill him with your gun

Go to you brother / kill him with your gun / dying in the sun

kill him with your gun / dying in the sun / So much fun

War

War never ... never ... never .. never .. never .. never

War never been so much fun

Go to you brother / kill him with your gun / leave him lying in his uniform / dying in the sun

Originally posted by marksimons

only america had to resort to that...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: WHAT A JOKE! DO YOU REALLY THINK SLAVERY WOULD HAVE BEEN ABOLISHED IF THE US HAD NOT DONE IT FIRST???? REALLY???? and only America had to resort to war???? catch up on your history buddy.:aright:

Originally posted by howardstone

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: WHAT A JOKE! DO YOU REALLY THINK SLAVERY WOULD HAVE BEEN ABOLISHED IF THE US HAD NOT DONE IT FIRST???? REALLY???? and only America had to resort to war???? catch up on your history buddy.:aright:

um..... where was slavery abolished witohut a war???

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

um..... where was slavery abolished witohut a war???

Brittain gave up on slavery without war Unless you consider the american revolutionary war, the war that ended brittish slavery. I'm sure Mark will correct everyone on this.

Abolition of Slavery Act 1883

After 1830 when the mood of the nation changed in favour of a variety of types of reform, the antislavery campaign gathered momentum. In 1833 Wilberforce's efforts were finally rewarded when the Abolition of Slavery Act was passed. Wilberforce, on his death-bed, was informed of the passing of the Act in the nick of time. The main terms of the Act were:

*all slaves under the age of six were to be freed immediately

slaves over the age of six were to remain as part slave and part free for a further four years. In that time they would have to be

*paid a wage for the work they did in the quarter of the week when they were "free"

*the government was to provide £20 million in compensation to the slave-owners who had lost their "property."

http://www.victorianweb.org/history/antislavery.html

And they gave reparations as well.

Originally posted by jamiroguy1

Brittain gave up on slavery without war

NO SHIT SHERLOCK HOLMES! THE BRITS WERE PUSSIES BACK THEN, if it wasn't for Tony Blair they STILL WOULD BE PUSSIES. and you still think there was no fighting going on?????:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: YOU THINK the us had no impact on that???:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

_39095170_blairhands300x245.jpg:aright:

Originally posted by howardstone

NO SHIT SHERLOCK HOLMES! THE BRITS WERE PUSSIES BACK THEN, if it wasn't for Tony Blair they STILL WOULD BE PUSSIES. and you still think there was no fighting going on?????:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: YOU THINK the us had no impact on that???:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

_39095170_blairhands300x245.jpg:aright:

Let's stick to the topic at hand here with out you babbling on about what you think is macho and not.

The topic or discussion was "can slavery be ended without war" and I think i've already proven that it can be and has been if you examine history. Peace can only be obtained through a peaceful solution.

It's always been an agreement or an act that has ended a war throughout history.

About the brits being pussies... I like Marksimons take one.

Let's stick to the topic at hand here with out you babbling on about what you think is macho and not.

The topic or discussion was "can slavery be ended without war" and I think i've already proven that it can be and has been if you examine history. Peace can only be obtained through a peaceful solution.

It's always been an agreement or an act that has ended a war throughout history.

About the brits being pussies... I like Marksimons take one.

marksimons is out of his freakin mind

but back to the topic though, Britain has committed enough attrocities in the world while being THE Imperialist nation in the world, from India to Palestine, Britain exploited many many people in this world, so how bout we dont kid ourselves by saying Britain is a model citizen.

but back to the topic though, Britain has committed enough attrocities in the world while being THE Imperialist nation in the world, from India to Palestine, Britain exploited many many people in this world, so how bout we dont kid ourselves by saying Britain is a model citizen.

:aright:

and communism...

I believe that collapsed without invading russia, and I believe it's because the version of communism in russia was a totalitarian dictatorship relying on fear, not real communism as marx would have recognised it.

and as for hitler.

well if it wasn't for American investment in Germany and co-operation between people likes of Standard Oil - now Exxon - and IG Farben - which was basically the german war machine, and the two companies did work very close together, then there would have been no hitler, no war machine and no war...

the more I study it the more i am inclined to believe that hitler was the big prototype of American foriegn policy for the latter half of the 20th C.

build up dictator. support him covertly. make money from him. then when he goes crazy. bomb the shit out of him, thus gaining control of his country and assets...

ever heard the song from the intro of Cannon Fodder by Sensible Software? probably played it, but only on the Amiga and PC and CD versions did you get the song with lyrics:

seriously are u retarted?? i'm not kidding, are you? did you fall on your head when you were little? do you know HOW many people died because of Communist Russia? whether it was from Stalin's purges, or the Vietnam/Korean wars, or the bullshit in Afghanistan and the numerous uprisings in Yugoslavia and the Republics

bro screw your head on straight

and Hitler being a product of America

wow, you are stupid very very stupid its so stupid i cant even reply to it

Hitler wouldve been stopped if your country wouldve done something sooner, along with those pussies the French

America saved your country in WWII.

I'll give you that. I'm not going to defend Brittain at all. The point I was making is they chose to give up slavery without war.

As far as Brittain being an imperialist nation... of course they are/were but not more so then what we've become.

seriously are u retarted?? i'm not kidding, are you? did you fall on your head when you were little? do you know HOW many people died because of Communist Russia? whether it was from Stalin's purges, or the Vietnam/Korean wars, or the bullshit in Afghanistan and the numerous uprisings in Yugoslavia and the Republics

bro screw your head on straight

and Hitler being a product of America

wow, you are stupid very very stupid its so stupid i cant even reply to it

Hitler wouldve been stopped if your country wouldve done something sooner, along with those pussies the French

America saved your country in WWII.

Yes, he is retarded.....seriously

you can't have it both ways, either britain was an arrogant violent imperial nation, or we're pussies.

one or 'tother

look. we had a 30 year war against france and a 100 year war. a hundred year war!!!! how can you have a hundred year war and be a nation of pussies!

to be honest though the only reason England (and it is england because some of the first acts of colonisation were were Scotland Wales and Ireland) managed to get a worldwide empire was that we were first to have an industrial revolution. a technical advantage pure and simple...

a bit like America now, the main advantage america has over the rest of the world, and nations who would otherwise compete with it, say Russia, China, India, Brazil is either that these nations fucked themselves up with very repressive dictatorships - i.e. the first two, but those dictatorships were broadly speaking no diff from the dictatorship the tsars or the rule of a despotic empire - for a good couple of thousand years china was ahead of us all, just kept themselves to themselves.

India was held back due to colonisation and Brazil the same, from 1964 they suffered under a repressive military dictatorship that gained power with american aid.

anyway, the profits from WWII, and the fact that compared to europe and russia america was unscathed - comparatively few losses and how many cities destroyed? the nation has really been the dominant superpower since then. Russia was playing catch up, brutally.

with regards to saving asses in WWII

I like to think it was the russians who did most.

they lost millions of men.

america only got involved after pearl harbour was bombed, not for wanting to 'save' europe.

and america made money from loans to finance the war...

I've done an essay on the high level links between america and hitler, i think it's quite good.

it is an issue that to my knowledge has not been explored too greately, academically or in the mainstream... who controls the present controls the past and who controls the past controls the future... or whatever it is...

I'll either repost it or bump the topic.

no-one replied first time around...

As far as Brittain being an imperialist nation... of course they are/were but not more so then what we've become.

What we've become?

Yeah looks like we really enjoy occupying Germany,Japan,England & Kuwait...

If we were an imperial, land hungry nation all the countries above would be states.....Is that the case?

Stop talking bud, your team loses a point every time you open your mouth.... lol

look. we had a 30 year war against france and a 100 year war. a hundred year war!!!! how can you have a hundred year war and be a nation of pussies!

what this is telling me is: how can u be at war for 100 yrs? u guys must really suck at fighting...in other words: PUSSIES!! j/k

i couldnt resist....:tongue:

:P

because those cheese eating surrender monkeys didn't surrender!

the american empire works differently to those of days gone by.

the british empire was overt, the american empire is covert, done out of site of the majority of citizens.

where britain, or other european imperical powers, would forcibly sieze a country and install a colonial administration, america would rather engineer a coup behind the scenes to install a puppet regime that would be compliant with the wishes of his backers.

this difference allows you to deny that you are in the business of empire, when in fact you are.

america, was, and is an empirical nation, continuing the grand game.

anyone ever heard of the monroe doctrine? one of the first manifestations of the american empire...

that shows how long america has been acting as an imperial power...

basically europe, hands off south america, we'll do what we like with it...

Little something I grabbed off of Yahoo... Holy Alliance ring a bell?

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/encyclopedia/entry?id=32115

The doctrine grew out of two diplomatic problems. The first was the minor clash with Russia concerning the northwest coast of North America. In this quarrel, Secretary of State John Quincy Adams expressed the principle that the American continents were no longer to be considered as a field for colonization by European powers. That principle was incorporated verbatim in the presidential message. The other and more important part of the doctrine grew out of the fear that the group of reactionary European governments commonly called the Holy Alliance would seek to reduce again to colonial status the Latin American states that had recently gained independence from Spain