Clubplanet Nightlife Community

artist sets up shop at crobar!

dont know if anyone posted this before kinda funny

January 20, 2004 -- ARTIST Peter Tunney went to the new nightclub Crobar on New Year's Eve, and hasn't left yet. Tunney has been living in a cozy VIP room, where he entertains guests like Neve Campbell and David Copperfield on Friday and Saturday nights into the wee hours. "Anyone who is in town ends up here," Tunney told PAGE SIX yesterday. He gets his meals delivered from Downtown Cipriani, sends his laundry out, and washes in the sink. Yesterday, he said, "I am sitting in my bed with a blanket over my head because there are a thousand gay men downstairs with no shirts on, going ape, and they've been doing it for 20 hours." Tunney plans to stay there until Valentine's Day: "I am going to shatter David Blaine's record." Blaine spent 44 days in a glass box suspended over the Thames River in London - with no solid food. "I'm not exactly suffering," Tunney admitted. "But I put little hash marks on the wall like I'm in prison." The project began when club owners asked Tunney to mount a show of his work. "This is one of the funniest things I'ver ever done," said Tunney, who closed his SoHo gallery, The Time Is Always Now, in October. "Now I understand what I'm doing