Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Group runs ads to counter Bush-Hitler spots

igloo

MoveOn.org targeted for comparing president to German dictator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: January 21, 2004

5:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

In a move of political tit for tat, a pro-Bush organization has begun running television ads that counter two recent commercials featured online that compare the president to Adolf Hitler.

Grassfire.org, which describes itself as a "conservative online political activist group," has released a new 30-second commercial that slams liberal site MoveOn.org for giving a platform to the Bush-Hitler ads. According to a statement from Grassfire.org, the new ad has been launched in California, Florida, Washington, D.C., Georgia and Texas.

As WorldNetDaily reported, MoveOn.org posted two Bush-Hitler spots on its site as part of its "Bush in 30 Seconds" television ad contest. One of the ads featured images of the German tyrant with the words "What were war crimes in 1945 is foreign policy in 2003." The final two frames include Hitler with his hand raised and then a shot of Bush with his hand up taking the oath of office.

Denouncing MoveOn's anti-Bush campaign, the Grassfire.org ad states, "MoveOn.org's web site has compared President Bush to Adolf Hitler. MoveOn conveniently denies responsibility, but there is no limit to what they'll do to destroy our president."

In a statement released last week, Grassfire.org President Steve Elliott called for MoveOn.org to donate all contributions it collected as a result of the ads, saying they are "a disgusting display of the unethical, immoral, illegitimate propaganda that MoveOn.org has been using to solicit donations."

Said Elliott, "Grassfire.org is calling for MoveOn.org to reject donations resulting from this increased publicity by donating all contributions made to MoveOn.org within the last week to the Holocaust Education Foundation or the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum. Any other alternative that allows MoveOn.org to profit from this vulgarity is unacceptable and will be viewed by patriotic Americans as an endorsement of this embarrassing smear tactic."

Grassfire.org says their commercial is the second of several planned advertisements designed to counter MoveOn.org's $10 million anti-Bush campaign. The conservative site also features an online petition calling on the Democratic presidential candidates to denounce MoveOn.org.

Last week, MoveOn.org staged an event to announce the winners of its TV ad contest. Participants in the ceremony stayed on the Bush-Hitler theme.

Comedian Margaret Cho said, in part:

"Despite all of this stupid bullsh-- that the Republican National Committee, or whatever the f--- they call them, that they were saying that they're all angry about how two of these ads were comparing Bush to Hitler? I mean, out of thousands of submissions, they find two. They're like fu--ing looking for Hitler in a haystack. You know? I mean, George Bush is not Hitler. He would be if he fu--ing applied himself. (big, extended applause) I mean he just isn't."

Originally posted by igloo

MoveOn.org targeted for comparing president to German dictator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: January 21, 2004

5:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

In a move of political tit for tat, a pro-Bush organization has begun running television ads that counter two recent commercials featured online that compare the president to Adolf Hitler.

Grassfire.org, which describes itself as a "conservative online political activist group," has released a new 30-second commercial that slams liberal site MoveOn.org for giving a platform to the Bush-Hitler ads. According to a statement from Grassfire.org, the new ad has been launched in California, Florida, Washington, D.C., Georgia and Texas.

As WorldNetDaily reported, MoveOn.org posted two Bush-Hitler spots on its site as part of its "Bush in 30 Seconds" television ad contest. One of the ads featured images of the German tyrant with the words "What were war crimes in 1945 is foreign policy in 2003." The final two frames include Hitler with his hand raised and then a shot of Bush with his hand up taking the oath of office.

Denouncing MoveOn's anti-Bush campaign, the Grassfire.org ad states, "MoveOn.org's web site has compared President Bush to Adolf Hitler. MoveOn conveniently denies responsibility, but there is no limit to what they'll do to destroy our president."

In a statement released last week, Grassfire.org President Steve Elliott called for MoveOn.org to donate all contributions it collected as a result of the ads, saying they are "a disgusting display of the unethical, immoral, illegitimate propaganda that MoveOn.org has been using to solicit donations."

Said Elliott, "Grassfire.org is calling for MoveOn.org to reject donations resulting from this increased publicity by donating all contributions made to MoveOn.org within the last week to the Holocaust Education Foundation or the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum. Any other alternative that allows MoveOn.org to profit from this vulgarity is unacceptable and will be viewed by patriotic Americans as an endorsement of this embarrassing smear tactic."

Grassfire.org says their commercial is the second of several planned advertisements designed to counter MoveOn.org's $10 million anti-Bush campaign. The conservative site also features an online petition calling on the Democratic presidential candidates to denounce MoveOn.org.

Last week, MoveOn.org staged an event to announce the winners of its TV ad contest. Participants in the ceremony stayed on the Bush-Hitler theme.

Comedian Margaret Cho said, in part:

"Despite all of this stupid bullsh-- that the Republican National Committee, or whatever the f--- they call them, that they were saying that they're all angry about how two of these ads were comparing Bush to Hitler? I mean, out of thousands of submissions, they find two. They're like fu--ing looking for Hitler in a haystack. You know? I mean, George Bush is not Hitler. He would be if he fu--ing applied himself. (big, extended applause) I mean he just isn't."

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

What a bunch of crybabies.

Originally posted by normalnoises

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

What a bunch of crybabies.

you should be fucking ashamed. Comparing our President to Hitler is disrespectful to the millions upon millions killed in World War II. You have lived a very sheltered life with no problems so now you need some cause to take up or you have some need for confrontation so you take upon the most perposterous conviction in order to make yourself feel better. I don't believe for a second that you have ever truly thought about the issues rationally but rather engaged in discussions plagued with cataract ignorance among you and your cohorts. You spew this venom on people as if it was the truth. I voted for Gore but these 4 years have made me glad that Bush won. This is the greatest country in the world, be happy you live here and stop making an ass out of yourself by bitching about shit someone brainwashed you in favor of.

Originally posted by daprofessional

I don't believe for a second that you have ever truly thought about the issues rationally but rather engaged in discussions plagued with cataract ignorance among you and your cohorts. You spew this venom on people as if it was the truth.

this is true for a lot on this board people just wanna hate bush with a passion so they get together and bash him without actually looking at things rationally.

you should be fucking ashamed. Comparing our President to Hitler is disrespectful to the millions upon millions killed in World War II. You have lived a very sheltered life with no problems so now you need some cause to take up or you have some need for confrontation so you take upon the most perposterous conviction in order to make yourself feel better. I don't believe for a second that you have ever truly thought about the issues rationally but rather engaged in discussions plagued with cataract ignorance among you and your cohorts. You spew this venom on people as if it was the truth. I voted for Gore but these 4 years have made me glad that Bush won. This is the greatest country in the world, be happy you live here and stop making an ass out of yourself by bitching about shit someone brainwashed you in favor of.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Is Rush Limburger the pill popping Konservanazi feeding you barbituates from his medicine cabinet? No wonder Konservanazis like you fried your brain.

I see the right to free speech and the free exchange of ideas avoid you. Typical of the clueless far "reich". People like you hate dissent. I wonder about you.

And thank you for proving how much of a ethnocentric nationalist racist asshole you are. You make Hitler proud. :aright: *cookie*

ASSFINGER! cwm23.gif

"Conservatives hate America, they hate Liberals, dissent, the Constitution, the Bill of rights, they hate abortionists, pro-abortionists and pro-choicers, gays and gay-rights supporters, they hate all religions except Christian, all religious groups except the Christian Coalitian, all races except white, culture, all nationalites except American. Even the KKK don't hate America like Conservatives do. They don't have the energy. If they had that much energy, they'd have indoor plumbing in their trailers by now." - normalnoises "Coulter"

:blown:

Is Rush Limburger the pill popping Konservanazi feeding you barbituates from his medicine cabinet? No wonder Konservanazis like you fried your brain.

I see the right to free speech and the free exchange of ideas avoid you. Typical of the clueless far "reich". People like you hate dissent. I wonder about you.

And thank you for proving how much of a ethnocentric nationalist racist asshole you are. You make Hitler proud. :aright: *cookie*

ASSFINGER! cwm23.gif

"Conservatives hate America, they hate Liberals, dissent, the Constitution, the Bill of rights, they hate abortionists, pro-abortionists and pro-choicers, gays and gay-rights supporters, they hate all religions except Christian, all religious groups except the Christian Coalitian, all races except white, culture, all nationalites except American. Even the KKK don't hate America like Conservatives do. They don't have the energy. If they had that much energy, they'd have indoor plumbing in their trailers by now." - normalnoises "Coulter"

Mr Normalnoises talking out his ass again....:laugh:

attachment.php?s=&postid=1997331

Originally posted by mr mahs

Mr Normalnoises talking out his ass again....:laugh:

attachment.php?s=&postid=1997331

Speak for yourself mr lost.

Thanx for your pic. Now I know what an assfinger looks like.

You and daprofessional ought to get a room along with Igloo. I'm sure you three imbeciles can get off a good circlejerk with you as the pivot man.

ASSFINGER! cwm23.gif

you're utterly lost. I thought you were capable of a coherent discussion but I see there is absolutely no hope for you anymore. Go on run your mouth about homosexual fantasies and keep alluding to nazism. Enjoy yourself, I'll just be content with my knowledge that you have wasted your life and that you are nothing in this world but a delusional hollow shell of a man.