Clubplanet Nightlife Community

full saturday taste review.......................

got there around 9 & had dinner. food there was remarkably outstanding. the problem that i had with dinner is just around the time my entree came out about 10 pm we had " tka" blasting in our ears. i mean blasting. my girl & i couldnt even have a conversation.

the lounge is beautiful but the crowd there is weak. everbody seemed clueless to whats in.

joe g is a great guy & i know he couldnt be happy playing there last night. there was no vibe & no-one dancing accept these couple kids who thought they were @ a rave listening to keokie.

i thought joe g's set was average (being honest joe). the reason why is because you had to play cheese (which isnt your fault), but this crowd only knows cheese. the last time i heard joe was at djais & it was one of the best sets i heard all summer. i dont think its the venue for joe to grow in. stating only my opinion. he needs to be somewhere when you throw on donna summer "love is a healer " the place goes nuts. this place was dancing to "milkshake" song like it was the best song ever.

joe lmk where you next set is going to be? i will def. come support one of the nicest guys i ever met. thanks joe for mmy song.

i think they need to attract a better crowd. this may of been a off night? i will def. go back for dinner but much earlier because who needs "coro" blasting over a $150 dinner.

I was one of those people dancing to milkshake, because I like the song. People in there go to alot of different clubs and lounges...and many of them do know what is going on when it comes to music and the "scene" thing is alot of people come to taste b/c they just wanna come out, get a drink, get dressed up and chill. Opening nite when joe was there he RIS and everyone in the crowd responded to his mixes, had their hands in the air and yeah he could play harder stuff. Last nite was a little slower than normal, but the weather was cold and it wasnt packed wall to wall like it is most saturdays. THats why i think maybe he played the way he did yesterday but his set was still hot.

As for the TKA blasting, yeah it was a little loud i do admit and that is something that im sure can be said for next time. I guess maybe because around 10 is when people start filtering in so they wanna get a vibe going, who knows. i understand it interuppoted the dinner which i would be upset with too.

The promoters r promoting the party as a chill spot, not a crazy dancing club. From pics I saw, it looks like they r doing a good job, and the promoters always have been honest in saying it is a chill spot.................... U don't go to a chill spot to hear the newest music, music is not a priority. At least they have brought in some good dj's...........

Originally posted by baldbull

got there around 9 & had dinner. food there was remarkably outstanding. the problem that i had with dinner is just around the time my entree came out about 10 pm we had " tka" blasting in our ears. i mean blasting. my girl & i couldnt even have a conversation.

the lounge is beautiful but the crowd there is weak. everbody seemed clueless to whats in.

joe g is a great guy & i know he couldnt be happy playing there last night. there was no vibe & no-one dancing accept these couple kids who thought they were @ a rave listening to keokie.

i thought joe g's set was average (being honest joe). the reason why is because you had to play cheese (which isnt your fault), but this crowd only knows cheese. the last time i heard joe was at djais & it was one of the best sets i heard all summer. i dont think its the venue for joe to grow in. stating only my opinion. he needs to be somewhere when you throw on donna summer "love is a healer " the place goes nuts. this place was dancing to "milkshake" song like it was the best song ever.

joe lmk where you next set is going to be? i will def. come support one of the nicest guys i ever met. thanks joe for mmy song.

i think they need to attract a better crowd. this may of been a off night? i will def. go back for dinner but much earlier because who needs "coro" blasting over a $150 dinner.

I am the head promoter there, I apologize, if the music was loud for you, I was on the 1st floor from 10-12 and had absolutely no problem holding conversations. It may have been where you were sitting. We do try to tell people to try and get their reservations for 8:30 or before to avoid this.

Crowd is weak?? I dont agree with that, I think the place has one of the best looking, best dressed crowds in all of jersey, it was somewhat of an off night but we turned a lot of underdressed people away. There were TONS of hot girls walking around.

Joe plays very well for the crowd there, thats why hes our resident DJ. I can ASSURE you that Joe is very happy playing there, he's made it a point to tell us how he enjoys the place. honestly since september 20th, you are the 1st person to say they didnt care for the music. Joe gets a little harder on nights that the crowd is responding to harder beats, I think the what he played was appropriate for what we had last night.

As for saying Joe had to play cheese..... Welcome to NJ my man, every club in NJ has to play this music to keep people happy. Id love to have hard tribal beats from 10-2 every saturday but most people dont want to here that we have to cater to people's Taste unfortunately.

Lastly, was your dinner for 2 people ?? Cause 150 sounds astronomical (unless you were pounding drinks) Average dinner for 2 @ taste with appetizers should be around 80 bucks with a normal amount of drinks.

Thanks for your honest reveiw, I feel that some of what you said was not true or exaggerated, but if you do come back let me know and we'll get you a few free drinks to try and make up for your unpleasent 1st impression.

PS love is a healer falls ino the cheese category bro ;):laugh:

Originally posted by carguy19

I am the head promoter there, I apologize, if the music was loud for you, I was on the 1st floor from 10-12 and had absolutely no problem holding conversations. It may have been where you were sitting. We do try to tell people to try and get their reservations for 8:30 or before to avoid this.

Crowd is weak?? I dont agree with that, I think the place has one of the best looking, best dressed crowds in all of jersey, it was somewhat of an off night but we turned a lot of underdressed people away. There were TONS of hot girls walking around.

Joe plays very well for the crowd there, thats why hes our resident DJ. I can ASSURE you that Joe is very happy playing there, he's made it a point to tell us how he enjoys the place. honestly since september 20th, you are the 1st person to say they didnt care for the music. Joe gets a little harder on nights that the crowd is responding to harder beats, I think the what he played was appropriate for what we had last night.

As for saying Joe had to play cheese..... Welcome to NJ my man, every club in NJ has to play this music to keep people happy. Id love to have hard tribal beats from 10-2 every saturday but most people dont want to here that we have to cater to people's Taste unfortunately.

Lastly, was your dinner for 2 people ?? Cause 150 sounds astronomical (unless you were pounding drinks) Average dinner for 2 @ taste with appetizers should be around 80 bucks with a normal amount of drinks.

Thanks for your honest reveiw, I feel that some of what you said was not true or exaggerated, but if you do come back let me know and we'll get you a few free drinks to try and make up for your unpleasent 1st impression.

PS love is a healer falls ino the cheese category bro ;):laugh:

it may of been a off night, sometimes clubs have them. joe knows the type of music i like.

it was dinner for 2 & with tip it was $148. we did drink 4 drinks each, 2 apps & a entree each.

the music was louder then loud. i know its a lounge but when you have people still eating you at least have to be courteous.

also peters "love is a healer" is far from cheese. it was probably the best song joe played last night. "someone to hold" was a good intro to in the beginning.

milkshake belongs on ktu. joe knows that more then anyone.

like i said it wasn't abad experience. just with all the reviews i've heard i thought i expected it to be alittle better.

i will go back & give a another try. like i said & i'll say again it might of been a off night.