Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why aren't pills as popular as they used to be?

montebrogan

i think because of what can happen and has happen to people such as death and the side effects. people are now also starting to not be as open about e-pills because of the law and not being able to trust people. there is less of a risk of getting caught if you keep your mouth shut.

Originally posted by xkingchangox

I would attribute it to several factors. First one being the quality of pills that flooded the market in the later years was mediocre at best causing a majority of the derogatory side effects.

Secondly, as previously mentioned media propaganda.

Last but not least the pill poping kids of the mid to late 90's have matured. Many have truly, grown up and others who haven't have become more sophisticated drug users.

Sophisticated in the sense that their taste have evolved, along with their incomes in many cases; this has caused the increase in cocaine and Tina use that we now see. Long are the days of the big clubs and all night raves. The "X- BOOM " generation have become the modern day champagne drinking, cocaine sniffing lounge lizards.

In many circles, specifically here in NYC, Ecstasy, Ketamine and GHB are now deemed to be a more blue collar drug, hence making them lose their glamorous luster that they once had.

Hope that helps.

There have been some good responses to my initial question, but I think xkingchangox hit all the high points (pun intended, lol) in his reply.

To sum it up, I think times have changed. The political climate in NYC has changed drastically since the turn of the century. Much less is tolerated now compared to even a few years ago. Drugs will always be part of the scene. But for the time being, pills seem to have given way to Miss Tina...

Pills have dramatically changed in quality at the same time all of the people who have been taking them regularly have been ever so slightly increasing their tolerance to them!

Its funny to hear people I know, who have done pills for years, to frequently complain that the quality of pills is always the result of them not having a good time. They seem to forget that 4 years of going out almost every weekend, dropping copious amounts of pills, will give them some kind of tolerance. That and the fact that they dont want to accept the fact that they need 5 pills a night now instead of just the one (or even half) they had when they first started experimenting. It all shows they dont want to accept they have developed a tolerance. Its easier to be blame it on the pills being cut with everything but MDMA.

And crystal is another big issue too ... It has lured people away, consuming them entirely with itself. I've seen many minds slip away from this drug, BUT, at the same time, I have witnessed many people overcome its terrible grip fairly easily, which makes me wonder if a lot of the coming off of it is simply in peoples heads? Maybe ... Weak minds ... Its easier to just succumb to it for some!

..bitch..