Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Piciotto Review!!!!!!!!!

It is two days later and my ears are STILL ringing ~ ouch!

Picotto was excellent and Avalon was more densely packed than I've seen it in the ten or so times I've gone there. Picotto was definitely ON ~ animated and agitated ~ and enjoying the energy of the crowd. Just when I thought he'd let up a little, he dropped another dirty bomb and tried to kill us on the dance floor. Gotta love it! This guy is awesome.

Originally posted by beachbreeze

It is two days later and my ears are STILL ringing ~ ouch!

Picotto was excellent and Avalon was more densely packed than I've seen it in the ten or so times I've gone there. Picotto was definitely ON ~ animated and agitated ~ and enjoying the energy of the crowd. Just when I thought he'd let up a little, he dropped another dirty bomb and tried to kill us on the dance floor. Gotta love it! This guy is awesome.

:D he never let up!!

Yep. It has been two days and I still hear pounding. Definately one of the best parties in the club I have seen in a looong time. I couldnt beleive just how crazy this music is. We definately do not get enough techno here. It was pure energy. Mauro was absolutely amazing. But I cant beleive you guys do not give props to our very own: Christian Smith. I mean that was definately US techno meets Europe techno. He delivered the crowd to Mauro on a "techno platter" sort of speak. And he was working across three decks !!! I think now our mainstream clubs are ready for German pioneers of techno.

Bring on the Schranz!!!

I didn't mean to slight Smith ~ I got there around 2 so I didn't catch too much of his set ~ though what I did experience was a high-energy amazing techno which perfectly set up the crowd for Mauro's deep and dirty set.

I was also impressed with how very friendly so many of the people at this show were. I met lots of cool people, it was an energetic and happy crowd. The whole atmosphere at this show totally blew away his gigs at Arc...which were awesome.

I didn't mean to slight Smith ~ I got there around 2 so I didn't catch too much of his set ~ though what I did experience was a high-energy amazing techno which perfectly set up the crowd for Mauro's deep and dirty set.

I was also impressed with how very friendly so many of the people at this show were. I met lots of cool people, it was an energetic and happy crowd. The whole atmosphere at this show totally blew away his gigs at Arc...which were awesome.

Yeah the crowd on the dance floor was unreal!! Got to meet some cool ass heads!! :D

indeed it was a great party.

from the very moment I got there (around 12:00) till 5 - dancing non stop....then a little break lest I get a heart attack and back on the floor.

I loved that track MP played just past 4AM....it was just like a one long super build-up.

That's hilarious, the dj by the bathroom.....

I thought the same thing, that the bathroom dj was better this week than in previous weeks, only because it was the very FIRST time I DIDN"T hear Guns & Roses "Paradise City"

(I fear that it's making me a pavlovian subject. Now every time I hear Axel Rose I have to pee....)

That's hilarious, the dj by the bathroom.....

I thought the same thing, that the bathroom dj was better this week than in previous weeks, only because it was the very FIRST time I DIDN"T hear Guns & Roses "Paradise City"

(I fear that it's making me a pavlovian subject. Now every time I hear Axel Rose I have to pee....)

:laugh: Yah the dj in the hallway was spinnin some funky shit at one point, like disco and I was soooooooooo into it, doin the clappin n slip n slidin.

Awww I love PARADISE CITY, would have looved to hear that shit go down.

was mauro spinning any trance at all?? his trance productions are definitely off the hook.. i know he's mostly techno now but i would expect him to drop some trance.. i just bought one of his new tracks the other day i think it's "alchemy" wow!!! i couldn't make it out because i had to work a double on sunday and wouldn't have had the energy, especially because of judge jules the night before.. damn i wish i toughed it out and made it down for mauro.. sounded like a gooood time.. oh well, maybe next time...

Originally posted by iamsamurai

:laugh: Yah the dj in the hallway was spinnin some funky shit at one point, like disco and I was soooooooooo into it, doin the clappin n slip n slidin.

hahahha!!! yeah you were doing the clap-slide-groovy dance!!!

You were LOVIN' it!!! hehehhee

I was like, "LETS GO inside Picotto is spinning" and you said, "No, Im gonna stay right here!" :laugh:

but im pretty sure you came with us to the main....right?

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

hahahha!!! yeah you were doing the clap-slide-groovy dance!!!

You were LOVIN' it!!! hehehhee

I was like, "LETS GO inside Picotto is spinning" and you said, "No, Im gonna stay right here!" :laugh:

but im pretty sure you came with us to the main....right?

YES!!! you ppl grabbed me by my arm n shirt n dragged me away from the funk:laugh: Is cool, I love being around you ppl n just dancin so its ALL GOOD!!

Oldtimer, yah his trance productions are AMAZING, shit like Kimodo and Proximus, I love proximus. I never heard him live but always found it interesting that live he drops techno instead of trance so def was curious to hear him and LOVED IT, well cuz i love techno but it was REALLY fuckin good.

Originally posted by iamsamurai

YES!!! you ppl grabbed me by my arm n shirt n dragged me away from the funk:laugh: Is cool, I love being around you ppl n just dancin so its ALL GOOD!!

Oldtimer, yah his trance productions are AMAZING, shit like Kimodo and Proximus, I love proximus. I never heard him live but always found it interesting that live he drops techno instead of trance so def was curious to hear him and LOVED IT, well cuz i love techno but it was REALLY fuckin good.

yeah...I had a feeling i GRABBED you....but wasnt 100% sure.... :laugh: sorry if that we pulled you away from the funk....

:( I just wanted to make sure you didnt miss a second of picotto's set.... ;)

Seriously was the sickest fucking night ... christian did amazin ...

followed by mauro who just kept with the groove christian started ....the party in a whole was easily in my top five greatest nights of music and crowd ...i dont think it could get any better in that church ......

anyone who hates on picotto is an idiot....

wish i was wouldve decided to go. i was contemplating the whole night only because i have a very intense month coming up starting late feb with pvd and ferry and then on to the wmc and back for s&D and cox. so i decided to save the cash buty i get so jealous when i read the sick reviews.

Originally posted by diezel56gd

wish i was wouldve decided to go. i was contemplating the whole night only because i have a very intense month coming up starting late feb with pvd and ferry and then on to the wmc and back for s&D and cox. so i decided to save the cash buty i get so jealous when i read the sick reviews.

You should be jealous!! Listen the money was so worth it! It was the best 30 dollars I have spent in a long time!! I keep thinking about it, it might be one of the best night I ever had! Its going down as Top 3!!! I might end up chasing that night for the rest of my life as far as the music and the dance!@:D

Originally posted by nickystardust

thanks man! appreciate it.

too bad i'm right and you are wrong! picotto sucked ass. just admit it! come and see some real techno tonight at tronic.

Not all people think the same nickystardust. I must say I haven't danced like that in a long time myself and loved it. Everyone was so cool. I looked up at the balcony and the people were dancing. Come on you know the gazers up there hardly ever dance. And as far as the ears ringin. I thought I would never hear again!!! And as for the bathroom dj I remember like some dope oldschool house. Peace...

my review from the other thread...

Got there at midnight, Smith was playin a lot of tribal house building it up nicely until outta nowhere he dropped Murder was the Bass and the place lit up with energy that just continued until I left around 6am. Smith was flawless as he usually is and did a fantastic job opening. When Mauro came on, he came out hard and the first hour or so of his set remained that way. He then got housey which was very nice, with even about 3 vocals, and then got back to techno around 5am. Tracks I remember, Amazing, Switch to dis, Murder was the bass(2x), Max Walder - Destroy the sound :eek: :eek: (place went ballistic), dude broke out Pontape around 4:30am and threw an accapella over it(what it was is escaping me at the moment), Lost again(crowd went nuts after the long buildup), Silver, smith played his and selways remix of Liebing's American Madness, sinner man(retarrrrded efx and crowd response). I'll remember more as I wake up.

Overall had a blast. The crowd was very young, but seemed everyone was there with the right attitude and just enjoying themselves. Staff was very curtious. I expected some problems from the reviews of certain nights there, but I got the total opposite of what I expected. I like the club a lot, I never had been to Limelight, so I didn't know the layout at all. Lighting is ridiculous. Overall, and this is the general concensus I gathered in talking to people, that was the best I've heard Mauro spin. His mixing was pretty much solid with no real noticably bad mixes. He usually is sloppy but last night proved he has it. Christian smith, what more can I say about him. The mans a genius at what he does, and his set last night showed that.