Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FELIX DA HOUSECAT @ Avaland - Sat.2.7

AVALAND SATURDAYS – February 7th

FELIX DA HOUSECAT

When Chicago’s FELIX DA HOUSECAT released Kittenz and Thee Glitz in 2002, he turned all of dance music on its side and spawned a synth revival. Critics across the country were hailing Felix as the producer of the moment, the DJ of the year (Spin 2002), and the artist of the future. Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, and Spin all dubbed Felix one of the most creative artists at work in music today. Now, he’s set to release the new Devin Dazzle and the Neon Fever , 15 tracks of delectable, glittery, synthetic and organic, beat-laden funk heaven that will undoubtedly reawaken the world to the next big thing…again.

As a stalwart of the underground electronic scene in Chicago, Felix’s meteoric rise is a result of his years of plying his funky sounds and dedication to the music. Tonight, Felix brings is trademark glitz and cool stylings to Avalon for future generations.

AVALON

662 Sixth Avenue @ 20th Street

Doors at 10pm

$25 general admission

$15 reduced list before 12am / $20 until 2am

Clubplanet guestlist

It definitely won't be dead. Felix is a uber-talented Dj and has been plying his trade in the Chicago underground scene for years before finally gaining a little bit of mainstream recognition when the electro-fad hit it big.

It'll be a different older crowd, more electronic music intelligensia, hipster-oriented. Felix is a great DJ more on the electro-tip of house but it should be a lot of fun.

Let us know how it goes for you.

FROM FLAVORPILL.NET:

A protégé of Chicago acid-house legend DJ Pierre, Felix da Housecat (né Felix Stallings) first hit the studio at age 15. A few lives and dozens of influential tracks later, he met his muse, Miss Kittin, while on tour in Europe and recorded Kittenz and Thee Glitz (2001) with her soon after. Although the retro revival was already in full effect upon its release, the album's stylish mix of '80s sounds and futuristic punk-funk stunned the dance world. Felix became the poster boy for the electro scene and Kittenz won Muzik Magazine's Album of the Year. Tonight's party should offer a taste of his long-awaited follow-up, Thee Courtship of Devin Dazzle, scheduled for a 2004 release.

Avalon was AMAZING last night!! I thought it was gonna be kinda dead...BUT IT WAS RIDICULOUSLY PACKED!!!!

I was :eek: when I walked in...

Felix was excellent! He dropped many classic tracks like "FRENCH KISS" Everyone was dancinggg....great energy in the main room....everyone was very friendly....Avalon gets better and better every weekend... :D

AVALON was SICK!!!! :) After checking out Volume in Brooklyn, missing dizzee rascals performance cuz i had to be back for FELIX, and spending at least 2hrs getting there and back to the city, my night was fully salvaged by what was to come.... there is no question that da housecat once again brought the house down.....he is and will continue to be my favorite DJ until someone else can come along and successfully play house music while mixing in "rock the casbah" and "white horse" in the same set......that was insane....anyone else think so?