Clubplanet Nightlife Community

some help

jonhenry

whats up ppl, im a dj from nyc heading out to vegas from the 15th- 22nd, now i kno theres a few clubs out there and alot of ppl have been telling me which ones to hit up........if somone would gimme a like a whats what on the nights the clubs are good....no mainly hip hop clubs plz.......looking for serious house beats......thanks in advance also if anyone got some lists or suttin for me itll b appreciated

Music out here aint nearly as good as what you have back in NY but there are a few places I would reccomend - BTW I have a few of your mixes you sent out so we have very similar taste in beats

There usually aint much to do on Sunday except a few hip hop clubs - BUT this is a holiday weekend so there will be some stuff going on

Best bet is to check out http://www.vegas.com/nightclubs/events.html

anytime after Friday and there will be an updated list

On Monday, Definitely check out the Foundation Room on top of Mandalay Bay - very nice setup on the top of the hotel w/ a hip hop and house room - balcony outside overlooks the whole strip - pretty much the only thing going on Monday. The house of blues on the lower level of Mandalay just started throwing afterhours this past Monday starting @ 4 - you will see flyers for it I'm sure - only option for afterhours on a Monday

Tuesday def check out Studio 54 in the MGM after 1 am - service industry night and they strictly play house and good dance shit in the later hours - supposed to have an underground feel

Ra @ the Luxor used to have all international and top name DJ's on Wednesday but for some reason stopped it - they still have Duane King spinning house all night which is usually good

Thursday night Sandra Collins is at the Spundae party in Risque @ the Parris Hotel which is run by Clique (some people who help w/ NYC on the move parties when they are out here)...turnout was pretty weak 2 weeks ago when I went for Creamer and K but still bangin music

Friday night definitely check out TABU...best ultra lounge in Vegas - kind of small but whoever spins plays pretty much all NYC music - I go there pretty often on Fridays and am never disapointed

Even though the music sucks at Drais (cheesy trance and breaks usually - def not NY style) I would go there b/c you find a great looking crowd and it stays consistantly busy until 8 am....Seven across from the Aladin is good on Sat. for afterhours but I went this past Friday and it was DEAD - if you do drais on Fri save Seven for sat - I think its better than Drais when its busy

On sat - you have to check out ICE. Usually they have big name DJ's but I think this week they just have their regular resident (he still spins good house). It is the best club out here - the main room is big and is all house on Sat and they usually blast those frost cannons that cover the whole club w/ freezing cold smoke - Don't go on Friday b/c it all hip hop. I was there for JP on halloween w/ a bunch of NYer's and we had a blast.

For afterhours check out Seven or OPM in the ceasars forums shops - both go until 7 or 8. Glo @ Ibiza is good on Holiday weekends but is dead on regular nights.

If you are looking for any VIP packages click on the clubs on this page

http://www.vegas.com/nightlife/?f=subnight&t=mnightlifet

- I've bought some for packages for Risque and Ice before and was very happy

Hope this helps