Clubplanet Nightlife Community

George Forman to fight again!!

bxbomb

Originally posted by someclown

He is not going to fight anybody that can hurt him. I have so much respect for Foreman though. That dude should definitely write a book about his life.

guidetolife1.jpg

anyone that gets in the ring with him if their at all a "legitamate" fighter has the capabbility of seriously hurting a 55 yearold man

Originally posted by vicman

anyway, wtf is he doing fighting at 55? ugh.

good question...but i'm not gonna critcize him for doing it. When you have a passion in life (Foreman and boxing in this case), its so hard to give up and walk away from it for life. Its why you see so many pro athletes embarrass themselves by playing way too long and past their prime.

Think about the one thing you love to do more than anything in life. Playing a sport, music, reading, writing, video games (bad examples but you get the point) ...how would you feel if someone told you tomorrow that you werent allowed to do that any more for as long as you live. Wouldnt be a good feeling would it? Just the same, it would be hard to give it up on your own and never do it again.

Originally posted by djprotege

good question...but i'm not gonna critcize him for doing it. When you have a passion in life (Foreman and boxing in this case), its so hard to give up and walk away from it for life. Its why you see so many pro athletes embarrass themselves by playing way too long and past their prime.

Think about the one thing you love to do more than anything in life. Playing a sport, music, reading, writing, video games (bad examples but you get the point) ...how would you feel if someone told you tomorrow that you werent allowed to do that any more for as long as you live. Wouldnt be a good feeling would it? Just the same, it would be hard to give it up on your own and never do it again.

foreman can box all he wants, he can go to a gym and get a sparring partner and fight, nothing wrong with doing that. but doing it professionally, and he will probably fight a "nobody" just looks bad.

athletes should know when to retire and hang it up. i don't see pro football players coming out of retirement, i dont see joe montana wanting to play pro football again, i dont see steve carlton or nolan ryan wanting to come back to the majors.