Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Equipment - New or used?

sheendawg

I'm gonna be buying myself some turntables, etc and wanted to know whether or not I should get them new, and how much I should expect to spend total on the equipment and records.

How many records should I buy for the first time? What's a good starter amount? And what's a good magazine (websites too) for rookies?

THANKS Y'ALL!

Guest spuds6s

if youre buying technics 1200's they dont really go bad from normal use because theyre so well made. I got mine on ebay for like 300 a piece. That about half price for buying retail.

With records, just go spend a few hours every weekend at the record shop until youre satisfied (which is usually never). Taking up crack is prolly less expensive and less addictive.

Guest spuds6s

satellite records is good, they are at houston and bowery i think.

8 Ball records is good too, but i think they went out of business or something, their website doesnt work anymore and every time i drive past its closed.

www.satelliterecords.com

If you want to venture to jersey, hit up VIP Records on Main Street in Freehold. Pretty nice, my boy runs it.

www.viprecordsusa.com

• 2 weeks later...