Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Holy shit - Max Kellerman

stymie

wow....

The worst kept secret in boxing was made official today, as Max Kellerman, the young and energetic boxing analyst and personality, has made his move from ESPN to Fox Sports.

Kellerman who burst onto the scene back in 1998 with ESPN2's 'Friday Night Fights' and in 2003 with his own show, 'Around the Horn', had become one of the network's young stars and the most recognizable face of 'Friday Night Fights'. Now, he's out like 'Playmakers' on the 'Worldwide leader in sports and entertainment'

"They gave me a job right out of college," recalled Kellerman in an exclusive interview with MaxBoxing. "A lot of places showed interest in me, but ESPN was the place that said, 'No, here's a job, here's a real position as an analyst on a boxing show'. And the show was so cool because it ultimately became 'the show of record' in boxing."

u have to be a member to read the rest of the article from maxboxing.com. im sure more shit will be flaoting around the net later today.

Fox Sports Press Releases

MAX KELLERMAN BRINGS HIS DYNAMIC POINT OF VIEW TO FOX SPORTS NET

Thursday, Feb. 19, 2004

Max Kellerman, the opinionated, Emmy-nominated broadcaster and boxing analyst is bringing his talents to Fox Sports Net.

Critics have hailed Kellerman as "a veritable voice of reason," "young, brash, outspoken" and "irrepressible." He will bring all of those traits to his new job as host of a daily 30-minute talk and interview show that will be a cross between The O'Reilly Factor and The Daily Show. The show is being developed for a mid-April launch.

The show will be the first FSN program to completely originate from New York City. The 30-year old New York native, who was born in the Bronx, now resides in Manhattan.

"Max is one of the brightest young talents on the sports horizon. His ability to engage the viewer and challenge the people he interviews is perhaps his finest trait. The show will be built for Max like a custom made car, displaying all of Max's diverse television skills," said George Greenberg, Executive Vice President of Programming, Production, FSN.

Kellerman, who started his boxing career hosting "Max on Boxing" as a high school sophomore, will return to his roots and utilize his encyclopedic boxing knowledge for FSN's boxing coverage. In addition to his new show, he will also be a contributor on BEST DAMN SPORTS SHOW PERIOD and other FSN programs.

Kellerman joins Fox Sports Net from ESPN, where he was most recently the host of "Around the Horn." Prior to that, he was a studio analyst for "Friday Night Fights" on ESPN 2.

"I've been very fortunate to have had tremendous opportunities in the past. Now, I have a new opportunity and privilege to work for innovators like Bob Thompson and George Greenberg in the house David Hill built," said Kellerman. "I always dreamed of playing third base for the Yankees, but they chose to go in another direction. So, for me, this is the next best thing."