Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any Prince fans out there.....

I am spinning in a lounge where I start out with soul & funk classics. I have almost every thing I need excect the promoter mentioned Prince when he was describing the type of music I should play. I know most of his hits like 1999, Little Red Corvette, Purple Rain. But thats not what I'm looking 4. What good funky songs did he have that would be good to play. I know he did a duet with some chick once but I can't remember how it goes. All help appreciated

thanks

When Doves Cry..that shit is old skool but phat..also Diamonds and Pearls..newer..but definitely classic Prince.. Do you play D'Angelo, the modern day Prince? I love listening to that shit w/my girl..definitely sets the mood...What else do you play?

------------------

Stop fuckin' around and be a man

centralscooby.gif

There are some funcky arse beats on the black album. They work really well with house, problem is getting hold of a copy, if you dont have it you will be lucky to get it.

Doves cry is a great tune.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

bsb2.GIF

prince is a badmotherfucka

i have 'the hits/b sides' 3 cd set - anything off of that is good

i'm with crossymaster - gett off is a great tune

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

Guest crystalmethodny

Prince is definitely down with the funky beats.

Good luck with that Jeff.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

"A vibe is a terrible thing to waste, finding one is as rare as gold in the Cali mountains." - Moi

I'm playing Saturday night from 8pm-12 at 145 Houston. Feel free to drop in. I am coming out of retirement after a year.

I play soul & funk -- Like Michael Jackson - Off The Wall, James Brown , Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Issak Hayes, Barry White, P-Funk, Sly & The Family Stone, MaryJane, All Nite Long , B4 I let go Earth Wind & Fire. Etc,......

also Jazz such as

Rise by Herb Albert, Nautilus by Bob James

Then I play Hip-Hop (nothing too corny!), R&B & my favorite (and specialty - DANCEHALL REGGAE).

My friend plays at Cheetah on Monday nites and I always remember him playing Prince songs that were very familiar to me but not the really popular songz that every one else knows. I know one song was Prince and a girl (maybe sheila e?).

Originally posted by divette:

JEFF!!!!!

"Rasberry barie" (i dont know what the last word is exectly)

Is that it?

it has to be!

no not raspberry beret, (the kind you find in a second hand store, lol) thanks though

p.s. D'Angelo is the man! ever hear Devil's Pie? (Belly soundtrack)

Archived