Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Chable & Fernandez - Come To Me

obby

Chable & Fernandez - Come To Me

After their well received single on M Theory, Luke Chable and Jono Fernandez return with another single entitled 'Come To Me'. Derived from the same sessions that brought us 'Before You Break On Me', this progressive house offering from the duo is most than just a 4/4 interpretation of the track, but has been redeveloped and tweaked to make it something that stands on it's own merit, whilst highlighting the versatility of these two fast rising producers.

The 'Original Mix' offers up something a little different from these two young producers, taking a more subtle 4/4 route. Moody atmospheric sweeps and vocal fills expand within the slow evolving groove, eerie sounds creeping in from different directions whilst a trippy melody starts to develop. A break slowly rises, and takes the track into a tougher percussive led second half where all the elements blend together as one big copper pot of sound, each layer fading out to finish.

Taking it more to the dancefloor, 'Chris Fortier' utilises a chunky bassline to get things moving quickly, dropping the same melodic loop over the top throughout. The vocal fills are delayed and stretched out over the beats and the momentum kept at a constant driving pace. The melodic hook brings a very old skool influence to the mix, but there is not much else in the way of progression which limits the use of what is otherwise a solid remix.

A great release from Screen Recordings who's European roots are steadily branching out and making waves with DJs across the globe, and with forthcoming tracks and remixes by the Flash Brothers and M.A.S. Collective, there's plenty more where this came from.

For those of you who pass by Sonar tonight expect to hear this one thrown.

Rythmaculture, Dave Preston's Proton show, featured Jono last January 28th. Obby, if you are interested in the mix, PM me. Jono sent me also a couple other mixes, including the Ministry of Sound Cover Mount CD.

Talking abouth Jono, we are sad he couldn't make it for conference this year. Jono was going to take part of the Institution/EDM Digital/Lobotomy party this coming Sunday March 7th at Reserved. (flyer will be out and about this week).

On a side note related to the WMC party ... on Renaissance's Therapy Sessions compilation, mixed by Seaman and Phil K, there are tracks by Habersham and The Operators, click here for t/l, who will headline the event, along Dirty Gringos, Greg Pappanastos, Cianci and Austin Leeds. And as an icing on the cake, MTheory's Jonathan Lisle is the special guest that nite.

Lastly, Tuesday April 13th (got the date straight since it's my B-day), we will be hosting Jono with an exclusive mix on our Proton show, along with another Canberra native, Vance Musgrove (also featured on Phil K's Renaisance.). Looking forward to it. :)