Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Greatest Rapper of ALL Time

housedog

Originally posted by naughtybabe

:nopity: Let the man rest already -- shit!

i agree... enough... another thing that really gets under my skin is sure the guy was a great song writer, and his producer was really good beat thief, but in all seriousness this guy was no more than a street hustler and there is no reason to martyrize him... he didnt die for any cause, he didnt stand for anything, and if he would still be alive he wouldve turned into hip-pop like the rest... simply becuase he was cut down in his prime he will forever be great... same with a lot of ppl who burn out instead of fading away... just a thought... on the first anniversary of his death hot97 street soldiers was doing a memorial for him on the air, and lorretta wallace was on and she was on, and ppl were calling up praising him and his mom was like how come nobody is looking for his killers... etc. how come nobody was looking for him he was a killer... an admitted crack dealer and a hustler... how many ppl did he kill before it all caught up to him??? (directly indirectly either way it all catches up to you in the end) i called up and i wanted to voice my opinion and thoughts and they wouldnt let me... niiice...

argh this thread so fukin aggravating.

Why cant you people just let the people who liked Biggie remember him??? WHy does it bother you all so much that people want to remember him??? He meant something to me, he meant something to a lot of people. And Biggie not being here today makes a lot of people sad. So on the day he died we want to listen to his music, talk about his life and just reflect on the person that made such a huge impact in our worlds. But every freakin time someone tries to do that some disrespectful piece of garbage has to start talkin about "ooh u know it was really PAc who was the greatest" and "Biggie was the begginng of the end of real hip hop" and "he wasnt really all, that its just cus he died that people like him". You can argue all day who was the greatest but why cant you just shut the fuk up on the day he died. leave that fukin tupac rhetoric at home for JUST ONE DAMN DAY. You have another 364 days a year to let the world know that you know the "real" hip hop.

Originally posted by housedog

Yes he was. His freestyle on 89.1 was the shit :eek: Part 1 and 2, also one of my other favorites The Heist

I got to stop smoking

These ciggerates are going to be cause my death

I love that line

It was a shame that he past even before his album dropped. :(

truly one of the underground heroes of our time.........THROW YA MOTHAFUCKIN L'S UP!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by nightcrawler

argh this thread so fukin aggravating.

Why cant you people just let the people who liked Biggie remember him???

whos stopping you from remembering him??? simply because other ppl share their thoughts, doesnt mean it should affect yours... or change the way you feel... in fact if i recall correctly this a public message board, and my message was my opinion which i am entitled to. i liked biggies style a lot, i cared for his music, his beats where good because they were hits long before he came, which is fine plenty of ppl sample music... but thats a different story... but to say the man was a martyr, and to say that he was a good person is just simply mad... so while youre trying to remember him, remember the facts and remember that all good things come to an end...

did you know Christopher Wallace?? How do you know what kind of a person he really was?? You just assume that since he sold drugs he was a bad person? Who's making him a martyr? He didnt die for anyone, to alot of people like myself BIG represents the heart and soul of NY. No one since has been able to do that, and no rapper before BIG did it the way Biggie did. People miss him, I miss him. Your thoughts arent affecting mine, but it sure as hell does piss me off when people talk about Biggie being a bad person on the day he died. I dont care if this is a public message board, this thread was obviously started to remember BIG, not to talk about him being a bad person. Doing that is just really disrespectful in my opinion. If you really cared about his music like you said you would know what kinda person he was.

Originally posted by nightcrawler

did you know Christopher Wallace?? How do you know what kind of a person he really was?? You just assume that since he sold drugs he was a bad person? Who's making him a martyr? He didnt die for anyone, to alot of people like myself BIG represents the heart and soul of NY. No one since has been able to do that, and no rapper before BIG did it the way Biggie did. People miss him, I miss him. Your thoughts arent affecting mine, but it sure as hell does piss me off when people talk about Biggie being a bad person on the day he died. I dont care if this is a public message board, this thread was obviously started to remember BIG, not to talk about him being a bad person. Doing that is just really disrespectful in my opinion. If you really cared about his music like you said you would know what kinda person he was.

no i didnt know him personally but from interviews, and admitting (himself) to things hes done in the past... and yes a person who sells drugs i consider a bad person... where are your values??? if i sold drugs to your kid would i still be a good person??? hes been arrested on many occassions, and on various charges... a lot ppl try to martyrize him, listen to the stations that play his music, on around his death day... whats even crazier why are you celebrating the day he died?!?!? why not his birthday then??? do we celebrate the day MLK died or his bday? the day washington died or bday? etc. as far as remembering BIG, by me voicing my opinion how does that not help you remember him??? did you forget who we're talking about??? ill remind you notorious b.i.g. christopher wallace... he is definately not the heart and soul of new york... thats insane... lol... i highly doubt anyone outside of you would regard that as a serious statement... i agree noone after him as been able to do what he did, however if we would still be alive today he would be in the hip-pop genre as well... look at his second albulm it was totally different from his first and going into the "bling bling" shit... even listen to some of the beats... pls give it up the guy was a good rapper his producer was a good beat thief, and together they made millions, not bad for a drugdealer with a rapsheet... (dont even get me started on 2pac)

just out of curiousity if youre so keen on believing he was a good person... what made him a good person???

this shit is still going on ? i thought we agreed that 2Pac was IT !! . :)

seriously tho, the whole issue is subjective. everyone has their own biased opinion. lets put #s to it.. that way we can tell who touched more people in their short time on this planet. start ringing up $$$ numbers they each generated(from legal record sales) use shit like billboard or something legit. u can use estimated published piracy #s too to prove your case. :D

not a fair comparison tupac had a longer career and more exposure... movies, many different groups, etc. my vote still goes to biggie as the better of the two... lyrics, beats, the way he captivated ppl... eh whatever... this is like comparing apples to sneakers... two different things...

cause there arent any... whos out there fifty cent ( a metaphor for change, yet he follows the herd mentality) jay z with his stolen lines from biggie or lil kim following in suit, ludacris with his nonsense, the whole lot, everything is wack imo... i havent heard anything good since about 99/00... and even then it was hit or miss... the real hiphop the good hip hop imo was peaking around 95-97 then i dont know what happend... dirty south i guess had its influence and effed the whole thing up who knows... but in my opinion hiphop will die just like disco and there will be either something new or the revival of something old... i dont know, i dont really care either...

Originally posted by housedog

Died on March 9th, God rest your soul

Rest in Peace kid, It is Because of you

I know what beef is

Even though it is a day late

Biggie passing is at 7 years all ready

oh.....

i thought this thread was gonna be about Jay Z...

Originally posted by copahc

oh.....

i thought this thread was gonna be about Jay Z...

with reasonable doubt..blueprint..bp2..and black album...jayz is the best rapper alive...plus tons of tight cameos..

most underrated song ever: brooklyn's finest with biggie