Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
JonStephen

Anybody see Bertuzzi's hit?

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Somehow I missed it.......anyone got a link or something?

I heard it was as cheap as cheap shots get......

I dont have the link, but i'm sure if you check on ESPNs' site, they gotta have it somewhere... That shit was friggin horrific :eek: !!

I hate to say it..but the brutal part of it wasnt the attack from behind(which is callous)..but when he slammed him on the ice while his hand was locked onto the back of the neck...and to add insult to injury, he proceeded to pummel him. Christ !! the Olympic games was classic without the mayhem... a line has to drawn somehwere...

As for the penalty for that cheap shot, he should be suspended for an entire season without pay if the kid cant play anymore. Either that or just get his ass banned forever.... retaliatory crap should be a definite nono in the nhl. I hope the league doesnt wait for somebody to get paralyzed or killed b4 some more effective rules are put into place. Fucking shame... I hope the guy recovers to skate again. :(

P.S I dont think this should end up in law courts..unless the NHL is the defendant..they thrive off this shit to draw audience....pathetic is what it is :blown:

That hit took me back to another cheap shot that Claude lemieux did on Chris Draper.... ended Drapers season and busted his face all to pieces - had the orvical bone and his jaw smashed... it was bad.

Bertuzzi needs to be suspended for the remainder of the season in my opinion. He skated up behind him and pushed him down by the neck... pretty lame if you ask me. Then threw punches while he was down!................ weakkkkkkkkkkk.

I don't go to a hockey game to see fights.... albeit they do add excitement to the game - I'm there to watch Hockey. If I want fighting, then I'll go to a boxing match.

Granted, we wouldn't be talking about this if the guy didn't break his neck.. but still - the shot was cheap and now he has to deal with the reprecussion of being a fucking tool.

:mad:

OMG! I was watching the game when it happen - That was by

far the most horrible fight I have ever seen in a hockey game ..

I found this clip its not too great but when I get the chance I will

post a better one.

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/edmontonjournal/features/onlineextras/story.html?id=f45d9ef5-ea1d-423a-a313-0f81c91a0da1

I hope Moore has a speedy recovery :(

I'm with Lola on this one. The fighting in hockey is exciting at times and can spice up a boring game, but this is...well I cant think of how to describe how much it makes me cringe. The lowest thing you can do is "stab someone in the back" or "kick a man while he's down." This was a perfect example of both...hitting someone from behind when they cant see you coming and then continually hitting the guy on the head when he's down and cant defend himself is one of the lowest things a human being can do. Thats not even taking into consideration the fact that the guys neck is broke! Players like this dont belong in the NHL. The intention was to cause some kind of pain or injury...players who have that mindset should be banished from the league. This hit and the McSorley/Brashear incident were the two lowest and most despicable things I've ever seen in pro sports.

Originally posted by djprotege

This hit and the McSorley/Brashear incident were the two lowest and most despicable things I've ever seen in pro sports.

Did you happen to catch the replay of Bertuzzi's comments/reaction from 2000, when his own teammate at the time, Brashear, got that face-chop from McSorley?? How ironic, right? Back then is was Bertuzzi saying things like, "There's no place for those actions in hockey", and "it was a cowardly thing to do, and the League definitely has to come down hard on this type of play."

Now, it's Bertuzzi in the opposite position.

I mean, what happens to people that you are, apparently, completely out of yer mind, to the point of doing things that you yourself profess to hate?? Because then he's right back on the other side of the fence again with his tearful, sorrowful apology the next day.

Or do you think it's just a case of hypocrisy?

... funk... out.

Originally posted by djprotege

I'm with Lola on this one. The fighting in hockey is exciting at times and can spice up a boring game, but this is...well I cant think of how to describe how much it makes me cringe. The lowest thing you can do is "stab someone in the back" or "kick a man while he's down." This was a perfect example of both...hitting someone from behind when they cant see you coming and then continually hitting the guy on the head when he's down and cant defend himself is one of the lowest things a human being can do. Thats not even taking into consideration the fact that the guys neck is broke! Players like this dont belong in the NHL. The intention was to cause some kind of pain or injury...players who have that mindset should be banished from the league. This hit and the McSorley/Brashear incident were the two lowest and most despicable things I've ever seen in pro sports.

Exactly... any player will tell you that they keep designated tough guys on the roster to help control those guys that tend to play dirty. That's their role.... this shot though, was just sick in my opinion. You described it best as being stabbed in the back - and kicked while down.... come on now.. that moore guy didn't even see it coming....

I will say that Bertuzzi's apology seemed very heartfelt - but to say you "didn't mean to hurt him like that" seemed rather lame... if you didn't "mean" to hurt him, then why did you hit him from behind and punch him when he was down??

He should be suspended until Moore can come back and play 100%... and I like that fact that he has to ASK for reinstatement into the league... also, suspension without pay - brilliant idea... and the canucks were fined $250k..........

Originally posted by dgtlfnk

Did you happen to catch the replay of Bertuzzi's comments/reaction from 2000, when his own teammate at the time, Brashear, got that face-chop from McSorley?? How ironic, right? Back then is was Bertuzzi saying things like, "There's no place for those actions in hockey", and "it was a cowardly thing to do, and the League definitely has to come down hard on this type of play."

Now, it's Bertuzzi in the opposite position.

I mean, what happens to people that you are, apparently, completely out of yer mind, to the point of doing things that you yourself profess to hate?? Because then he's right back on the other side of the fence again with his tearful, sorrowful apology the next day.

Or do you think it's just a case of hypocrisy?

... funk... out.

I saw that.....funny thing is that hit on Brashear ended any attempt for McSorley's comeback to hockey.

I finally caught the hit on sportscenter and I did catch the apology....seemed to me that he was also pleading for his career along with apologizing.

That kind of shit is disgraceful in sports.

IMO, the case is getting scrutinized because of the results of the action, not the action itself. There has to be some sort of reprimands to eliminate the sucker punching and the slashing in the league. Granted, the kids in the hospital and everyone wants Bertuzzi's head on a platter, but he shouldnt be treated any differently then the goon who blindsides another player and the player skates away from the skirmish.

i thought the punch was totally uncalled for, a def sucker punch, and moores' lights were out as he was goin down. but i dont feel he drove him into the ice, his body was just limp and unable to protect himself in the fall. i feel the punishment should be as it is, but no time for next season. if there is a season.

Originally posted by bullseye

i thought the punch was totally uncalled for, a def sucker punch, and moores' lights were out as he was goin down. but i dont feel he drove him into the ice, his body was just limp and unable to protect himself in the fall. i feel the punishment should be as it is, but no time for next season. if there is a season.

Nicely put bullseye.........