Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Strokes ( Tuesday @ Jackie Gleason )

funketeer

Poster_6132.jpgstrokes.jpg

I bought my tickets last nite (no pun intended)...I saw them perform last year at Billboard Live...these guys are off-the-hook...there's still tickets available, trust me...you do not want to miss this one.

peace

FUNK :cool:

Who: The Strokes

Where: Jackie Gleason Theatre (17th street & Washington Ave - South Beach, Miami, Fl )

When: Tuesday March 16

misono-strokes.jpg

The Strokes are one of the (if not the) tightest bands around. What a performance...vocalist Julian Casablancas was in full rat-pack mode...moving around the stage like Frank Sinatra, black suit from tip to toe and the attitude to match the clothes... mind you...those are big shoes to fill...I think he pulled it off by nailing each and every note flawlessly, one of the best vocalists of our time, lots of creativity and endurance...

_38216173_strokespa.jpg

Julian Casablancas (TheStrokes)

Funny, aside from the music, the whole performance was classic and elegant. Julian was posessed by a lounge lizard or something, combined with flawless drummin' of Fabrizio and the sweet melodies from the rest of the band...fuck...everyone looked around in disbelief...I saw "that look" on everyone's face...after each song, it was like a Tiger Woods' hole-in-one or a Michael Jordan slam-dunk...perfect performance each and evert time they went at it.

sounds.jpg

Opening for The Strokes were The Sounds from Sweden...Mya, the front-woman is a show aside...she looks like she could kick your ass...long tall swedish blonde...running around the stage, nailing every one of their high-pitched super catchy tunes...The Sounds worked as an opening act really well, I don't see myself gtting into them more than that though.

The Strokes fucking rocked the house!

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Originally posted by funketeer

The Strokes are one of the (if not the) tightest bands around. What a performance...vocalist Julian Casablancas was in full rat-pack mode...moving around the stage like Frank Sinatra, black suit from tip to toe and the attitude to match the clothes... mind you...those are big shoes to fill...I think he pulled it off by nailing each and every note flawlessly, one of the best vocalists of our time, lots of creativity and endurance...

Funny, aside from the music, the whole performance was classic and elegant. Julian was posessed by a lounge lizard or something, combined with flawless drummin' of Fabrizio and the sweet melodies from the rest of the band...fuck...everyone looked around in disbelief...I saw "that look" on everyone's face...after each song, it was like a Tiger Woods' hole-in-one or a Michael Jordan slam-dunk...perfect performance each and evert time they went at it.

The Strokes fucking rocked the house!

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Damn I knew I shoulda gone :blown: