Clubplanet Nightlife Community

San Diego/Cali

iamme

anyone here live in San Diego?

Been contemplating a move to the CA, mainly San Diego, since a good friend jsut quit his job and is trying to move out there. I am tempted to join...i got family in LA/Glendale so that will be nice.

We both are willing to leave our jobs (he is IT, i am finance :rolleyes: ) and really feel like we have nothing to lose...this will be the easiest time to do it in our lives. and im sick of MD :mad:

need some help opinions/advice/random questions :)

let me know! ;)

I lived there for 20 years...

You really can't go wrong with San Diego. Great weather all year long, friendly people, the beach as well as "night life".

If you will be renting you will need to search around alot. Apartments can be very expensive in certain areas. But if you really look you can find reasonable ones. If you have many flaws on your credit you will have a hard time. They are very strict for some reason.

Before you move definatly try and secure yourself a job. The job market is pretty tight from what my friends tell me.

Anyways, good luck and if you need more detailed info just pm me! :)

...i'm supposed to vacationing in san diego as i write this...lol...my sister, neice and friends drove out from arizona this week...i heart san diego - it is incredible...but i would move to sedona with my family before i would hit the west coast...good luck either way man...san diego is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet....

Originally posted by kaligirl

I lived there for 20 years...

You really can't go wrong with San Diego. Great weather all year long, friendly people, the beach as well as "night life".

If you will be renting you will need to search around alot. Apartments can be very expensive in certain areas. But if you really look you can find reasonable ones. If you have many flaws on your credit you will have a hard time. They are very strict for some reason.

Before you move definatly try and secure yourself a job. The job market is pretty tight from what my friends tell me.

Anyways, good luck and if you need more detailed info just pm me! :)

my credit is probably poop because of college days :banghead:

why is "night life" in quotations??

the more i talk about this and talk to people about it, the more i want to go! I dont think id ever go without a job lined up...and from what ive heard most jobs out there are biotech (which i am not)..my buddy has a much better chance with IT.

i will definately be PMing u in the future lol! thanks :)

Originally posted by phatman

...i'm supposed to vacationing in san diego as i write this...lol...my sister, neice and friends drove out from arizona this week...i heart san diego - it is incredible...but i would move to sedona with my family before i would hit the west coast...good luck either way man...san diego is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet....

why didnt u go? :eek:

...it just made more sense to go out to arizona next weekend instead...between taking time off in coordination with other people in the office and the fact that more friends and family will be around that weekend as well, it was a no-brainer...there's always next time...i get out there at least twice a year no matter what...

Originally posted by sweetie029

I might be moving out to Cali next July.....I have a few family members out there & 2 of my cousins who are around my age are looking to move out by next summer.....& they invited me to live w/ them if i was interested....I'm seriously considering it

do it do it do it do it do it do it

Originally posted by iamme

my credit is probably poop because of college days :banghead:

why is "night life" in quotations??

the more i talk about this and talk to people about it, the more i want to go! I dont think id ever go without a job lined up...and from what ive heard most jobs out there are biotech (which i am not)..my buddy has a much better chance with IT.

i will definately be PMing u in the future lol! thanks :)

Oops, I don't know why I put that in quotations.LOL

Good luck with your decision.... I will be visiting from April 3-13. It can't come any sooner!!!!!!!!!

i only went to san diego to go to sea world once; i wanna go to the zoo one of these weekends...

anycrap, i live in l.a. and am moving to orange county at the end of the month. all i know about san diego is that i've heard the rents there can be pretty high. pm sassa; maybe she'll get it even though she doesn't come on cp much anymore.

but socal is great. the weather has a huge effect on your psyche; it's more than just "nice to have good weather" all year 'round. and it really takes living here to see what i mean. you have to see whom you become to really know what i mean :) . the job market is for crap, though.

but i highly recommend this move :aright: .

Originally posted by weyes

i only went to san diego to go to sea world once; i wanna go to the zoo one of these weekends...

anycrap, i live in l.a. and am moving to orange county at the end of the month. all i know about san diego is that i've heard the rents there can be pretty high. pm sassa; maybe she'll get it even though she doesn't come on cp much anymore.

but socal is great. the weather has a huge effect on your psyche; it's more than just "nice to have good weather" all year 'round. and it really takes living here to see what i mean. you have to see whom you become to really know what i mean :) . the job market is for crap, though.

but i highly recommend this move :aright: .

wanna find me a job :D :D :D :D

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz