Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
igloo

10 yr old Palestinian boy found with explosives

Another proud achievement of Palestinian society

Boy, 10, found with explosives

15/03/2004 19:15 - (SA)

Nablus, West Bank - A 10-year-old Palestinian boy was arrested on Monday at a checkpoint in the northern West Bank carrying 10kg of explosives, Palestinian and Israeli security sources said.

The youngster was taken into Israeli custody after he was found with the explosives contained in a bag, said witnesses at the Huwwara checkpoint just outside the town of Nablus.

"A 10-year-old was arrested with explosive material at a checkpoint near Nablus," an Israeli military source said, adding that he was in possession of 10kg of explosives.

"He was taken into custody for investigation. The explosives were detonated in a controlled manner."

The boy frequently worked at the checkpoint, carrying bags for local residents, the witnesses said.

The checkpoint was closed while the controlled explosion was carried out.

Edited by Anthea Jonathan

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/404939.html

From Haretz - the 10 year old was not at fault, so lets try not to spin it as such. Amazing how newspapers like to spin facts in propaganda to make it look like children are intently carrying out terrorist activities.

"Ten-year-old Abdullah works at the checkpoint transporting luggage from one side to the other," the officer, who identified himself only as Lieutenant-Colonel Guy, told Reuters.

"[someone] asked him to carry through a bag...and left," the officer said. "[The boy] just wanted to make money. We will release him. He's just a poor kid." The boy said he was offered a large sum of money to transfer the bags, and he was released after it became clear that he was not aware that the bags he was carrying contained explosives.

The officer said a military policewoman at the checkpoint spotted wires protruding from the bag and stopped Abdullah.

"The policewoman prevented a suicide attack [in Israel]," the colonel said. He said the explosive belt was also packed with nuts and bolts, which militants use to make bombs deadlier. It was also connected to a cellular telephone.

Army demolition experts detonated the device in a controlled blast. The colonel said the device contained seven to 10 kilograms of explosives.

Originally posted by raver_mania

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/404939.html

From Haretz - the 10 year old was not at fault, so lets try not to spin it as such. Amazing how newspapers like to spin facts in propaganda to make it look like children are intently carrying out terrorist activities.

That is my point!!!....It is not reasonable to "blame" a 10 year old for this, whether he knew explosives were in the bag or not.

Hence my statement: Another proud achievement of Palestinian society

Ok, missed that since the title of the thread is misleading. However, (while I agree it was a deplorable act), I don't think you can blame Palestinian society for this when this was the act of terrorists. Thats like blaming American society for some criminal trying to sneak drugs or other contraband onto an airplane by slipping it into a 10 year olds' luggage.

well simons maybe we should pull out of every country move all of our people here, dump all non-citizens to their respected countries, and keep to ourselfs forever, build up our military and our missle diffense and relax in the greatest land in this earth.

when there is famine in other parts of the world we will sit back and relax

when war breaks out accross europe we will sit back and relax

i bet you would change your mind then assfuck

how exactly is america preventing war from breaking out in europe?!

WHEN THERE IS FAMINE?! hah, there already is famine you schmuck!

greatest land on earth, yeah, it's got some nice geography, granted. I love the place, I certainly would not mind living in america for a while.

but what do you mean, pull out of every country?

economically? militarily? I'm sure south koreans might like that...

i'm sure a lot of nations would quietly like it if american multi-nationals moved out allowing home grown nations in...

you've already built up the military, the gap between america's military spending and the rest of the world, his HUUUUUGE.

all I'm saying is that the american people are not responsible for the deaths of 10,000 iraqis or 3,000 + afghanis, or the well over 1,000,000 who died in vietnam, or the over 2,000,000 who died in cambodia, after heavy us bombing and de-stabilisation and actions that played into the hands of the khemer rouge.

no.

it's not the american people, it's the american government.

Originally posted by raver_mania

Ok, missed that since the title of the thread is misleading. However, (while I agree it was a deplorable act), I don't think you can blame Palestinian society for this when this was the act of terrorists. Thats like blaming American society for some criminal trying to sneak drugs or other contraband onto an airplane by slipping it into a 10 year olds' luggage.

You are correct....I should have said elements of Palestinian society....

But one thing, American textbooks and teachers are not instructing children to sneak contraband onto an airplane, whereas Palestinian schoolbooks and teachings are loaded with hate for Israeli's and martyrdom....

American society teaches that sneaking drugs on an airplane is bad, and Palestinian society teaches that blowing yourself and killing innocent Israeli's is an honor.....

And right now, the terrorists (araft, hamas, Islamic Jihad, etc) run palestinian society

"American society teaches that sneaking drugs on an airplane is bad"

natch, so you can get support for government polcies on drugs that supported repressive regimes that terrorise their own citizens.

I still want to know what israel is teaching it's kids...

terrorists seem run Israeli society as well, and american, too many societies in fact...

"American society teaches that sneaking drugs on an airplane is bad"

natch, so you can get support for government polcies on drugs that supported repressive regimes that terrorise their own citizens...

I still want to know what israel is teaching it's kids...

bartcop sums this situation up well:

"For the 10,000th time - I have no dog in that fight.

"Both sides care more about the sacred sand than their children's lives which proves once again that religion is the problem.

"What else could make mostly-sane people sacrifice their kids for worthless sand?"

exactly. all organised religion is a, and has been a problem for quiiite a while...

Originally posted by pattbateman

well simons maybe we should pull out of every country move all of our people here, dump all non-citizens to their respected countries, and keep to ourselfs forever, build up our military and our missle diffense and relax in the greatest land in this earth.

when there is famine in other parts of the world we will sit back and relax

when war breaks out accross europe we will sit back and relax

i bet you would change your mind then assfuck

patt, i have a few questions:

did you support the invasion of Bosnia?

were you in favor of intervening in Rwanda?

would you be in favor of intervening in Zimbabwe or the Congo?

If someone with some balls went into the congo and rawanda and somalia africa would be much better off but then again that would be occupation.... you can't quelll strife and then leave the factors of the strife still intact. there needs to be fundamental political change in africa... the truth is the african heirarchy has been selling it's people to the highest bidder since the slave trade. people don't want real solutions because they might make themselves uncomfortable. they want actions that make themselves feel good that's all this country is about these days feeling good no matter what.