Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dean: Bush's order to send troops to Iraq

mr mahs

Looks like Dr Dean put his foot in his mouth again.... This mental midget is blaming the IRAQI WAR instead of blaming the terorists.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/michigan/index.ssf?/newsflash/get_story.ssf?/cgi-free/getstory_ssf.cgi?a0753_BC_Dean-Spain&&news&election2004

Dean: Bush's order to send troops to Iraq

By NEDRA PICKLER

The Associated Press

3/16/04 7:07 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Former Democratic presidential candidate Howard Dean said Tuesday that President Bush's decision to send troops to Iraq appears to have contributed to the bombing deaths of 201 in Spain.

A growing international investigation is focusing on Islamic militants possibly linked to al-Qaida as the culprits in the Madrid train bombings last Thursday.

European intelligence agencies are trying to identify a purported al-Qaida operative who claimed in a videotape that the group carried out the bombings to punish Spain for backing of the U.S.-led war in Iraq. The tape was discovered in a trash bin near Madrid's largest mosque on Saturday after a telephone tip to a Madrid TV station.

Dean referred to the videotape when asked whether he was linking U.S. troops in Iraq to the deaths in Spain.

"That was what they said in the tape," Dean said. "They made that connection, I'm simply repeating it."

Dean's comment came as he was defending former rival John Kerry, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, from a Bush campaign ad accusing Kerry of turning his back on U.S. soldiers fighting in Iraq.

Dean said it is the president who has not supported the troops. He said Bush sent soldiers to Iraq unequipped, misled the country on the reasons for war and made the United States less safe by focusing on a target that wasn't a threat. And, he said, "The president was the one who dragged our troops to Iraq, which apparently has been a factor in the death of 200 Spaniards over the weekend."

Dean issued a statement later to The Associated Press that said, "Let me be clear, there is no justification for terrorism. Today I was simply repeating what those who have claimed responsibility for the bombings in Spain said was the reason they carried out that despicable act."

Dean was speaking on a conference call arranged by Kerry's campaign. Campaign spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter said, "We aren't in a position to say that Spain's support for the war in Iraq made them a target."

"Governor Dean was simply repeating what's already been reported by news organizations about a group that claims responsibility for the enormous tragedy in Spain," she said. "It's clear that what happened in Spain is a painful reminder that the war on terror is far from over and the nation would be better off if this administration took the time to rebuild our alliances rather than engaging in political attacks."

Originally posted by djxeno

What do you think the terroists' motives were?

Better yet, what do you think their motives were?

Outside of killing indiscriminately.....which I would dangerously assume you would admit

Originally posted by igloo

Better yet, what do you think their motives were?

Outside of killing indiscriminately.....which I would dangerously assume you would admit

too early to say, but if it was Al-Qaueda it was probably for Spain's involment in the Iraq War.

But its a good thing Spain got the point and pulled out their troops.

Originally posted by djxeno

LMAO.

I think i was pretty objective in my response.

looks to me like you are looking for things you just wanna see.

Keep it up bud....this latest comment only adds to my opinion of you lack of common sense Mr "Sadam did great things for IRAQ, he built hospitals"

Originally posted by mr mahs

Keep it up bud....this latest comment only adds to my opinion of you lack of common sense Mr "Sadam did great things for IRAQ, he built hospitals"

:laugh:

So true....him and jamirolost are running real close for the title of Head Clown.....

Originally posted by mr mahs

LOL oh really.

which part of it lacks common sense i would really like to know.