Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Europes pathetic attitude against terrorism

jamezzz

Its so funny how i see PVD constantly wear no war shirts? hey paul how about a no-torture shirt??? hes so anti bush and blair but yet never speaks out against brutal dictactors like Sadamm hussein,Fidel castro, Osama Bin Laden, Momaar Khadaffi, Yasser arafat etc??? All i see is hatred For leaders like George bush and tony blair it boggles ones mind if this was 40 years ago would we be hating on churchill and roosevelt??? is there a differencence betwween leaders like hitler and hussein ??? these djs play in us and britain and israel they have no problem charging and making tons of money here yet they act like we are creating the problems in the world. maybe they should take a look around and see this shit started in the early 80"s (terrorism) and get a fuckin education maybe he doesnt realize its his fuckin german govt not ours or the britsh but the fuckin german and french govt that had multi billion dollar oil deals w/sadamm hussein anyone who has an education know that the english and americans were not doing business with iraq!! but guess who was??? oh yeah the germans, the french, the russians, does he ever question that shit?? I think the last person i need a speech about human rights from is a nation that made up the nazi party 2 generations ago!!....besides the latest polls show 70% of iraqis feel there lives are better off today than they were before we LIBERATED them they will be a FREE nation and thats what will allways count .....hey pvd go try to spin in palestine lets see what the fuck happens to ya nazi boy!!!!

sadamm hussein anyone who has an education know that the english and americans were not doing business with iraq!! but guess who was???

Actually, it is you that needs an education. The U.S. was one of the first players to broker Sadaam's rise to power. Private companies, many of which have ties to the Bush family, have been dealing with Sadaam since the early 80's, in everything from oil to military weaponry. Only after Sadaam invaded Kuwait in 1991 did the U.S. sever ties officially with Sadaam (and even then it is well documented that many U.S. companies continued business relations with Iraq such as big tobacco).

We have a long history of sleeping with our eventual enemies, and evidence of this can be found with Sadaam, the Taliban, and I suspect sooner or later Pakistan and/ or Saudi Arabia will be added to this list.

Your absolutly correct lol what the fuck is your point we backed sadamm against Iran and we backed afganistan against the russians when afghanistan was in trouble!!! and this is how our muslim friends repay us????As far as phillip morris or RJ reynolds doing business with sadamm hussein after 1991 your a LIAR its so well documented??? ok paste it and POST THOSE DOCUMENTS i gaurantee you cant!!! id also be interested in any facts you can provide with Bush"s ties to sadamms personally .... Alot of people said we deserved 9/11 i can point to numerous occasions that we helped muslim nations and peoples ....But because we also support israel which is a democracy and respects womens rights and holds free elections that gives all cause for muslims to claim jihad against america???...just remember when alqaeda hit the us navy cole we still went into kosovo in the late 90"s and helped the MUSLIMS!!....Also exactly what private companies brokerd sadamm to power in the early 80"s dont be so general you sound ignorant and back the proof up...........Now i know you must be a little a slow so lets try this one more time my point was Germany, Russia, and France it is being discovered in the UN food for oil scandal had billions of dollars in vouchers from Sadamm hussein ...Pvd lives in germany ...therefore pvd may want to question wether his govt was corrupted in this terrible failure of the UN.. it seems very strange that the 3 countries that opposed taking force so much are the only countries now that was trading oil for food with sadamm ...why would they so vigilantly defy there allies???

First of all, I was simply responding to your statement that our government never had any business dealings with Iraq, you were blatently wrong. As far as having past dealings with Sadaam, read the article pasted below. It comes from Michael Moore's website, and while you may not agree with his political or ideological viewpoints, I am using it because his statements are well supported in fact, and have been widely reported in such mainstream media sources such as Newshour, CNN and the New York Times. Do some more research if you want. The article states

"We allowed and encouraged American corporations to do business with Saddam in the 1980s. That's how he got chemical and biological agents so he could use them in chemical and biological weapons. Here's the list of some of the stuff we sent him (according to a 1994 U.S. Senate report):

* Bacillus Anthracis, cause of anthrax.

* Clostridium Botulinum, a source of botulinum toxin.

* Histoplasma Capsulatam, cause of a disease attacking lungs, brain, spinal cord, and heart.

* Brucella Melitensis, a bacteria that can damage major organs.

* Clostridium Perfringens, a highly toxic bacteria causing systemic illness.

* Clostridium tetani, a highly toxigenic substance.

And here are some of the American corporations who helped to prop Saddam up by doing business with him: AT&T, Bechtel, Caterpillar, Dow Chemical, Dupont, Kodak, Hewlett-Packard, and IBM (for a full list of companies and descriptions of how they helped Saddam, click here.

We were so cozy with dear old Saddam that we decided to feed him satellite images so he could locate where the Iranian troops were. We pretty much knew how he would use the information, and sure enough, as soon as we sent him the spy photos, he gassed those troops. And we kept quiet. Because he was our friend, and the Iranians were the "enemy." A year after he first gassed the Iranians, we reestablished full diplomatic relations with him!

Later he gassed his own people, the Kurds. You would think that would force us to disassociate ourselves from him. Congress tried to impose economic sanctions on Saddam, but the Reagan White House quickly rejected that idea -- they wouldn’t let anything derail their good buddy Saddam. We had a virtual love fest with this Frankenstein whom we (in part) created."

Further, it was reported on 60 minutes about a year ago, that big tobacco, knowingly shipped their products to intermediaries who directly dealt with Sadaam's sons. Research that transcript if you wish.

And btw, you should really learn the distinction between your (possessive) and you're (as in you are). I wont stoop to your level and make personal attacks, that would be too easy.

Originally posted by jaybzee

First of all, I was simply responding to your statement that our government never had any business dealings with Iraq, you were blatently wrong. As far as having past dealings with Sadaam, read the article pasted below. It comes from Michael Moore's website, and while you may not agree with his political or ideological viewpoints, I am using it because his statements are well supported in fact, and have been widely reported in such mainstream media sources such as Newshour, CNN and the New York Times. Do some more research if you want. The article states

"We allowed and encouraged American corporations to do business with Saddam in the 1980s. That's how he got chemical and biological agents so he could use them in chemical and biological weapons. Here's the list of some of the stuff we sent him (according to a 1994 U.S. Senate report):

* Bacillus Anthracis, cause of anthrax.

* Clostridium Botulinum, a source of botulinum toxin.

* Histoplasma Capsulatam, cause of a disease attacking lungs, brain, spinal cord, and heart.

* Brucella Melitensis, a bacteria that can damage major organs.

* Clostridium Perfringens, a highly toxic bacteria causing systemic illness.

* Clostridium tetani, a highly toxigenic substance.

And here are some of the American corporations who helped to prop Saddam up by doing business with him: AT&T, Bechtel, Caterpillar, Dow Chemical, Dupont, Kodak, Hewlett-Packard, and IBM (for a full list of companies and descriptions of how they helped Saddam, click here.

We were so cozy with dear old Saddam that we decided to feed him satellite images so he could locate where the Iranian troops were. We pretty much knew how he would use the information, and sure enough, as soon as we sent him the spy photos, he gassed those troops. And we kept quiet. Because he was our friend, and the Iranians were the "enemy." A year after he first gassed the Iranians, we reestablished full diplomatic relations with him!

Later he gassed his own people, the Kurds. You would think that would force us to disassociate ourselves from him. Congress tried to impose economic sanctions on Saddam, but the Reagan White House quickly rejected that idea -- they wouldn’t let anything derail their good buddy Saddam. We had a virtual love fest with this Frankenstein whom we (in part) created."

Further, it was reported on 60 minutes about a year ago, that big tobacco, knowingly shipped their products to intermediaries who directly dealt with Sadaam's sons. Research that transcript if you wish.

And btw, you should really learn the distinction between your (possessive) and you're (as in you are). I wont stoop to your level and make personal attacks, that would be too easy.

I did not say america never had any dealings with Iraq ever if you read my first few statements i was refering to the Iraq war. And i was making a point of pvd wearing no war shirts! when his country had billion dollar oil deals at stake ...im talking present times .....Lol you call the times credible and move on.org after the awol fiasco w?bush??? and jayson Blair??? bad example

point taken, it wasn't that clear what you said, but I understand now. I would certainly consider the Times as credible a source as there is out there as compared to some of the other trash that is thrown down our throats. That is not to say that it is one hundred precent truthful all of the time, but that I tend to believe what is written more than say the Daily News or Fox TV.

I will admit that any inference of double dealing on the hand of the French or German governments with respect to why they opposed the Iraqi war are disturbing. If such accusations were true it would amount to as great a fraud as the one given to the American public for why we invaded Iraq to begin with. The situation of the world is quite fucked right now, and it only seems to be getting worse. It's important that kids our age stay informed with what is happening, but at the same time respect each other's views. Fuck, for all we know there could be a draft waiting around the corner for us after the election, and we wouldn't even know anything about it.