Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Interesting

Since 1981, the share of income of the richest 5 percent of this country has increased by more than 40 percent while that of the lowest fifth has decreased by more than 20 percent. An even starker contrast was reported in Business Week: The average CEO made 42 times the average workers pay in 1980, 85 times in 1990, 531 in 2000! Forbes magazine reports the number of bilionares increased from 13 in 1982 to 149 in 1996...

"The Rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer."

Originally posted by bdanto4

Since 1981, the share of income of the richest 5 percent of this country has increased by more than 40 percent while that of the lowest fifth has decreased by more than 20 percent. An even starker contrast was reported in Business Week: The average CEO made 42 times the average workers pay in 1980, 85 times in 1990, 531 in 2000! Forbes magazine reports the number of bilionares increased from 13 in 1982 to 149 in 1996...

"The Rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer."

Maybe they should stop idolizing drug dealers, having children out of wedlock and go to school thats most likely FREE that way they can provide a better life for themselves...

ahahhahahha

I'll respond to this in a day or two.

on my way out to see dj shadow, kenny dope, keb darge play back to back until the early hours, then chibuku residents until 5am. mr scruff in the loft and john peel in the bar.

hope you guys have a fun saturday evening too!

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

you basically you folks are saying that poor people are lazy?

i'm sure that the coal miners, farmers, and manufacturing workers of this country would disagree.

stop infering shit rich people are rich for a reason not because of some fairy dust magic bullshit

Originally posted by mr mahs

Maybe they should stop idolizing drug dealers, having children out of wedlock and go to school thats most likely FREE that way they can provide a better life for themselves...

you all make very general comments about the poor.. Some are having children out of wedlock because they can't afford the proper sexual protection or medical coverage that the average american should have.. They are dealing drugs because they have no other way to make money.. They don't want to be poor.. They just don't have many opportunities..

you all make very general comments about the poor.. Some are having children out of wedlock because they can't afford the proper sexual protection or medical coverage that the average american should have.. They are dealing drugs because they have no other way to make money.. They don't want to be poor.. They just don't have many opportunities..

Huh? Don't give me this two america's tale about the oppressed, my and your tax dollars provide assistance for anyone who wants it.. So let me get this straight, if your neighbor has 4 kids from 3 fathers and the mother is breaking her back in trying to support them while the father is out gang banging instead of attempting to get an education (which is free if poor enough) or bettering themselves, you fall into the same rut?

How many people have to fail following the same routine before realising is a losing battle. If anything I always thought, if I couldn't make it doing what I really wanted to do, I would join the armed forces and work for uncle Sam. Having 1 or more children should intesify that need to better yourself....

I actually wrote a paper on this topic last semester. The majority of "poor" people in this country are single moms who's childrens fathers have abandoned them, in fact a child is 17x more likely to committ a crime and serve a jail sentance if they're born out of wedlock. Whether people believe it or not the increase in the divorce and wedlock rate is whats causing the poverty promblem in this country if 30% of fathers who have illegitimate babies own up to their responsibilities now that the child is born 75% of poor households would climb out of poverty.

Good article...

http://www.nationalreview.com/lowry...00401300926.asp

According to the Heritage Foundation's welfare expert, Robert Rector, the typical poor family with children is supported by only 800 hours of work annually, or about 16 hours a week. This number holds in good economic times and bad, because it is a factor of attitudes toward work rather than the availability of jobs. If the amount of work in these households were equivalent to one adult working 40 hours a week, roughly 75 percent of poor children would be lifted out of poverty

ok so you are a single mother of 1 or more children living in poverty.. your answer is to join the military and work for uncle sam.. what happens to the children?

No I didn't say that... I said if the husband, who is now a father should take responsibilty for his children and you know 9 out of ten times thats not happening..... You ever read Jeamn Piaget experiment with with poor children? If not go check it out it shows that crime isn't caused from poverty it caused from a broken home environment, should tell you something.

the children can't work thier parents do don't bring the kids into this

ok what you are telling me is they cannnot afford contraceptives? but they can afford a forty ounce or a bag of pot.

BE RESPONSIBLE is that to much to fuckin ask? why is it my responsibility to take care of people who are irresponsible? why is it that our society protects these people by saying what you are saying. these people are not responsibly plain and simple there is no reason to haev sex if you cannot afford a kid. these people have no responsibility and im sick and fuckin tired of people making excuses for them.

tell me why you fucks cannot just come out and say these people have NO RESPONSIBILITY???? why is it politically incorrect to say that????? give me a good answer. im sick of it being blamed on us for not providing enough for them

by us providing for them they have NO fuckin reason to stop sitting on their lazy asses and get up and find a job.

they take advantage of the system and for some reason liberals seem to think that they are not and that we should donate more moeny to the cause of having children and not working????

Originally posted by pattbateman

tell me why you fucks cannot just come out and say these people have NO RESPONSIBILITY???? why is it politically incorrect to say that????? give me a good answer. im sick of it being blamed on us for not providing enough for them

by us providing for them they have NO fuckin reason to stop sitting on their lazy asses and get up and find a job.

they take advantage of the system and for some reason liberals seem to think that they are not and that we should donate more moeny to the cause of having children and not working????

ok.. so what do we do? what is your suggestion?

ok.. so what do we do? what is your suggestion?

force people to be self sufficient put in a real system of Charity Not entitlement. so that people know that they have to do something if not for themselves for their kids cause they know the welfare state will no longer feed them and no longer house them.

heheh...

racism can be a factor in people not being able to get a job...

racism can be a factor in economic policy...

we don't need to help black people... they're fucking lazy...

we don't need to help poor people... they're lazy, if they want a job, get a job...

but what kind of a job? the kind that makes you a slave? the kind that means you have to work another job or two.

any of you guys slagging off the poor for being poor ever been poor? I mean real poor.

and what about bush? you think he actually understands what it's like to be poor?

Originally posted by marksimons

any of you guys slagging off the poor for being poor ever been poor? I mean real poor.

I'm a minority, was poor, single parent household in one of the worse neighborhoods in America, busted my ass at school, finished college and grad school with loans, and I'm now in the top 5% of income earners. No, I'm not bragging, just making the point that where you end up in life is more often than not about CHOICES people make. Not saying EVERYONE can make it with hard work, but it can be done. This idea that poor people sell drugs because they don't want to be poor espoused by bdanto is such a crock of shit. No one HAS to sell drugs or live a life of crime to get out of poverty. That's the easy way out. How about getting a fucking education and working your way up. That's much harder to do and many of these people don't have the desire to do it, I know first hand because my friends that I grew up with are still working $8 an hour jobs, not because they had to, but because they were fuckups growing up. I'm no one special and I did it. I don't have sympathy for people with no ambition or work ethic, period.

Originally posted by £ddie

I'm a minority, was poor, single parent household in one of the worse neighborhoods in America, busted my ass at school, finished college and grad school with loans, and I'm now in the top 5% of income earners. No, I'm not bragging, just making the point that where you end up in life is more often than not about CHOICES people make. Not saying EVERYONE can make it with hard work, but it can be done. This idea that poor people sell drugs because they don't want to be poor espoused by bdanto is such a crock of shit. No one HAS to sell drugs or live a life of crime to get out of poverty. That's the easy way out. How about getting a fucking education and working your way up. That's much harder to do and many of these people don't have the desire to do it, I know first hand because my friends that I grew up with are still working $8 an hour jobs, not because they had to, but because they were fuckups growing up. I'm no one special and I did it. I don't have sympathy for people with no ambition or work ethic, period.

:clap2: :clap2:

Awesome accomplishment, if we ever meet remind me to buy you a drink....

Originally posted by marksimons

heheh...

racism can be a factor in people not being able to get a job...

Colin Powell is the Sec of State and he's black

Condi Rice is a National sec advisor and she's black

Stanley Oneal is the CEO of Merrill Lynch (the biggest brokerage firm in the world) and guess what???? He's black and one of the strongest Ceo's in the country....

MOST POWERFUL BLACK EXECUTIVES

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/blackpower/snapshot/0,15307,1,00.html

What were you saying about racism? :blown:

Originally posted by mr mahs

Colin Powell is the Sec of State and he's black

Condi Rice is a National sec advisor and she's black

Stanley Oneal is the CEO of Merrill Lynch (the biggest brokerage firm in the world) and guess what???? He's black and one of the strongest Ceo's in the country....

MOST POWERFUL BLACK EXECUTIVES

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/blackpower/snapshot/0,15307,1,00.html

What were you saying about racism? :blown:

thanks for clarifying.. RACISM IS NO MORE!! Thanks Mr. Mahs.. Its about time