Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Interesting

i dunno what is the "clear" solution to this problem...if a person comes from poverty that person must want to have a better life for himself/herself...if they are happy with just getting by or doing what many in the welfare system do, which is get paid "under the table" and continue to receive govt' help...then they will never better themselves...some are criminals, that get money from selling stolen goods or drugs and then just collect fromt he govt'...others are truly breaking their backs trying to better themselves...i dont think there is a simple answer to this question, just that if the individual wants to better themselves, regardless of any obstacles (i.e. racism/drugs/poverty) they will achieve it....

Originally posted by £ddie

I'm a minority, was poor, single parent household in one of the worse neighborhoods in America, busted my ass at school, finished college and grad school with loans, and I'm now in the top 5% of income earners. No, I'm not bragging, just making the point that where you end up in life is more often than not about CHOICES people make. Not saying EVERYONE can make it with hard work, but it can be done. This idea that poor people sell drugs because they don't want to be poor espoused by bdanto is such a crock of shit. No one HAS to sell drugs or live a life of crime to get out of poverty. That's the easy way out. How about getting a fucking education and working your way up. That's much harder to do and many of these people don't have the desire to do it, I know first hand because my friends that I grew up with are still working $8 an hour jobs, not because they had to, but because they were fuckups growing up. I'm no one special and I did it. I don't have sympathy for people with no ambition or work ethic, period.

So, what was I wrong about.. My idea about the poor selling drugs to not be poor is right.. why else would they sell drugs? Yes, it is a easy way out.. but.. To tell you the truth.. If I had to sell some drugs or work two jobs, I might sell drugs also..

Where are you from? Just curious

Originally posted by bdanto4

thanks for clarifying.. RACISM IS NO MORE!! Thanks Mr. Mahs.. Its about time

Over your head and the fact I posted REAL examples of African Americans bettering themselves pokes a hole through your sympathy for laziness...

Originally posted by £ddie

I'm a minority, was poor, single parent household in one of the worse neighborhoods in America, busted my ass at school, finished college and grad school with loans, and I'm now in the top 5% of income earners. No, I'm not bragging, just making the point that where you end up in life is more often than not about CHOICES people make. Not saying EVERYONE can make it with hard work, but it can be done. This idea that poor people sell drugs because they don't want to be poor espoused by bdanto is such a crock of shit. No one HAS to sell drugs or live a life of crime to get out of poverty. That's the easy way out. How about getting a fucking education and working your way up. That's much harder to do and many of these people don't have the desire to do it, I know first hand because my friends that I grew up with are still working $8 an hour jobs, not because they had to, but because they were fuckups growing up. I'm no one special and I did it. I don't have sympathy for people with no ambition or work ethic, period.

So, what was I wrong about.. My idea about the poor selling drugs to not be poor is right.. why else would they sell drugs? Yes, it is a easy way out.. but.. To tell you the truth.. If I had to sell some drugs or work two jobs, I might sell drugs also..

Where are you from? Just curious

I don't think selling drugs is wrong.

crack dealers are scum though.

weed and pill dealers are not.

you know how many black men are in prison for selling weed?

how many families has that law help destroy?

£ddie I was just wondering, what race are you? you don't have to answer but I'm just curious...

Originally posted by mr mahs

Colin Powell is the Sec of State and he's black

Condi Rice is a National sec advisor and she's black

Stanley Oneal is the CEO of Merrill Lynch (the biggest brokerage firm in the world) and guess what???? He's black and one of the strongest Ceo's in the country....

MOST POWERFUL BLACK EXECUTIVES

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/blackpower/snapshot/0,15307,1,00.html

What were you saying about racism? :blown:

Marky Mark... wheres your answer to the never ever ending racism promblem in america?

Colin Powel, Condi Rice and the CEO of merryl lynch doeth not mean that racism is dead in the US.

rolling them out as 'ooh ooh look we love black people so much we gave some of them jobs with real power' is not an answer to a complicated question.

how many black senators are there? One.

how many blacks are in prison in comparison to the white population and the percentage of the population they make up.

what average of black children live in poverty compared to white children?

what kind of racism can the average black person encounter in their lives in america these days...

these are the questions that need to be looked at when examining racism, not showing me that colin powel, a lying spineless shell of a man, he could have been great, but he's sold his soul somewhere along the line.

and condi... wow... she is amazing... a real piece of work...

Arron McGrueder

mcgruder-large.jpg

(look, he's black guys!) he draws the boondocks cartoon:

"I don't like Condoleezza Rice because she's part of this oil cabal that's now in the White House," McGruder said, as ABF hosts Armstrong Williams and Juan Williams looked on.

"I don't like her because she's a murderer," the cartoonist announced.

The charged drew immediate condemnation from Armstrong Williams, who complained, "That is totally out of line to say she's a murderer."

Unfazed, McGruder repeated the accusation, stretching out his words, "S-h-e'-s a m-u-r-d-e-r-e-r."

"Let's put aside the fact that she's affiliated with oil companies that murder people in Nigeria," the cartoonist said. "We can discuss just this illegal Iraq war, the slaughtering of innocent people and the fact that she's one of the big hawks of the administration.

"I don't see where this is even a point of contention," he insisted.

At that point cohost Juan Williams asked [civil-rights leader Julian Bond, also a guest on the program] if he supported McGruder's contention.

"I generally agree with his politics 100 percent and I think he explained himself well," the NAACP chief said.

bo040322.gif

Originally posted by marksimons

Colin Powel, Condi Rice and the CEO of merryl lynch doeth not mean that racism is dead in the US.

rolling them out as 'ooh ooh look we love black people so much we gave some of them jobs with real power' is not an answer to a complicated question.

how many black senators are there? One.

how many blacks are in prison in comparison to the white population and the percentage of the population they make up.

what average of black children live in poverty compared to white children?

what kind of racism can the average black person encounter in their lives in america these days...

these are the questions that need to be looked at when examining racism, not showing me that colin powel, a lying spineless shell of a man, he could have been great, but he's sold his soul somewhere along the line.

and condi... wow... she is amazing... a real piece of work...

You're a fraud... Rolling them out?? Your saying they were put there because of affirmative action??:laugh: :laugh: Thats the promblem.. people making excuses for other factors in their lives, thats hindering them from succeeding.... How about wedlock rates? Fawking europeans always making excuses for people laziness thats why you have a welfare state in your beloved EU...

EXCUSES!!!!!:blown: Your "combination" of nations can't hold a candle to the U.S. should tell you something jack....

You fucking hypocritical scubbag jerkoff......why don't you rail against the disease of anti-semitism that rots away in Europe....it has not gone unnoticed that you always ignore those threads you douchebag.....

How about other parts of the world....hopefully you don't need a hint to point you in that direction......

How about the Palestinian boy who was killed over the weekend because he was mistaken for being a Jew....how wonderful.....especially when it turned out to be teh son of a prominent palestinian attorney

Fuck off and die anti-American jerkoff

Originally posted by igloo

You fucking hypocritical scubbag jerkoff......why don't you rail against the disease of anti-semitism that rots away in Europe....it has not gone unnoticed that you always ignore those threads you douchebag.....

How about other parts of the world....hopefully you don't need a hint to point you in that direction......

How about the Palestinian boy who was killed over the weekend because he was mistaken for being a Jew....how wonderful.....especially when it turned out to be teh son of a prominent palestinian attorney

so much hate.. why? This is a message board and people are expressing their views.. relax pal

Originally posted by igloo

so much hate.. why?

Originally posted by bdanto4

so much hate.. why?

shut the fuck up. why don't you actually post something meaningful instead of this tripe. Why do you surmise that someone is hateful because they have convictions that they can back up with evidence? it's not hate, it's being realistic.

"I don't like Condoleezza Rice because she's part of this oil cabal that's now in the White House," McGruder said, as ABF hosts Armstrong Williams and Juan Williams looked on.

"I don't like her because she's a murderer," the cartoonist announced.

The charged drew immediate condemnation from Armstrong Williams, who complained, "That is totally out of line to say she's a murderer."

Unfazed, McGruder repeated the accusation, stretching out his words, "S-h-e'-s a m-u-r-d-e-r-e-r."

"Let's put aside the fact that she's affiliated with oil companies that murder people in Nigeria," the cartoonist said. "We can discuss just this illegal Iraq war, the slaughtering of innocent people and the fact that she's one of the big hawks of the administration.

"I don't see where this is even a point of contention," he insisted.

At that point cohost Juan Williams asked [civil-rights leader Julian Bond, also a guest on the program] if he supported McGruder's contention.

"I generally agree with his politics 100 percent and I think he explained himself well," the NAACP chief said.

£ddie I was just wondering, what race are you? you don't have to answer but I'm just curious...

I'm from the Dominican Republic and grew up in the South Bronx.

As to bdanto, what were you wrong about? Sure, people take sell drugs to make money. But you are implying that that's somehow acceptable because "you would do it too". It's that attitude that holds minorities back and reinforces in their collective minds that there is a glass ceiling beyond which they cannot succeed. It should NEVER be viewed as an acceptable alternative.

It also should not be a given that if you fuck up in life you will have the government as a safety net, i.e., welfare, government entitlements etc. Of course there are people who fall on hard times for reasons beyond their control, but the government's role in a capitalist society should be to encourage people to aspire to overcome their hardships, not sustain them with paltry government entitlements so they can continue to live in substandard conditions. That helps no one. Sure we have SOME elements of a welfare state e.g., Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, etc., but America isn't a welfare state in the same vein that many European countries are.

Education is the essence of opportunity for anyone not born into wealth. If people choose to forego the free educational opportunities every city in America provides and instead decide to sell drugs or fence stolen televisions, the country should not be there to bail them out. Neither should the government be supporting mothers who repeatedly have children out of wedlock. If you can't afford to have additional children, the solution is simple, don't have unprotected sex. Anyone with common sense and who doesn't have a mental defect knows it's a bad move to have children if you can't afford them.

Originally posted by mr mahs

No I didn't say that... I said if the husband, who is now a father should take responsibilty for his children and you know 9 out of ten times thats not happening..... You ever read Jeamn Piaget experiment with with poor children? If not go check it out it shows that crime isn't caused from poverty it caused from a broken home environment, should tell you something.

Have actually studied Piaget's experiment.. I'm currently in graduate school for Criminal Justice.. and I can give you plenty of studies that show crime is caused from poverty.. I don't think anyone has any answers on what 1 factor causes crime..

The biggest factor in racism is behavior, I mean Im with Eddie I am the son of immagrants and a minority and am also on my way to being a lawyer I alreayd have a bachelors and after my JD iwll pursue 2 more degree/certs. the way people look at each other is more based on behavior rather than skin color I mean lets face it. black mainstream culture has some repugnant things about it I can admit that and Im black... The reason black people are the way they are is because they choose to be and the reason some white people don't like them is because they are the way they are. trust me I have met some people and they have said that I completely changed thier perception abotu black people completely it's about the behavior we portray to one another. Not about skin color...