Clubplanet Nightlife Community

POLL: What was the best year (musically)?

djcarlosf

What was the best year for music?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What was the best year for music?

I think if you're a fan of more than one genre of EDM pretty much every year has been at least somewhat good to you.

I agree though with Ramon that you should have included years prior to 96. A lot of the most innovative records, and a lot of todays musical styles, were formed in the first half of the 90s - Progressive House, Jungle, Trance, UK Hardhouse, Ambient (by Electronic artists), Psycedelic/Goa Trance, Downtempo House, Funky House, some of the more interesting forms of Breakbeat, even forgotten genres like Happy Hardcore, which were so fresh and different when they first came out. Think about the Orb, Orbital, Humate, Rabbit In The Moon, Moby, The Prodigy, Future Sound of London, Sven Vath, Carl Cox, Westbam, Jam & Spoon, CJ Bolland, Faithless, Joe T. Vanelli, Tenaglia, Masters At Work, etc.

I think todays music is a bit more polished, you'll notice the genres have somewhat matured musically, but there's fewer new styles coming out. New styles have always inspired DJs, artists, and music fans in the past. It's the main reason why a lot of the Dutch Trance DJs in the past 2 years have been flirting with other styles, and why the Progressive and House DJs have tried to slowly evolve and play more music that isn't confined to their particular style.

Originally posted by CHRles

I think if you're a fan of more than one genre of EDM pretty much every year has been at least somewhat good to you.

I agree though with Ramon that you should have included years prior to 96. A lot of the most innovative records, and a lot of todays musical styles, were formed in the first half of the 90s - Progressive House, Jungle, Trance, UK Hardhouse, Ambient (by Electronic artists), Psycedelic/Goa Trance, Downtempo House, Funky House, some of the more interesting forms of Breakbeat, even forgotten genres like Happy Hardcore, which were so fresh and different when they first came out. Think about the Orb, Orbital, Humate, Rabbit In The Moon, Moby, The Prodigy, Future Sound of London, Sven Vath, Carl Cox, Westbam, Jam & Spoon, CJ Bolland, Faithless, Joe T. Vanelli, Tenaglia, Masters At Work, etc.

I think todays music is a bit more polished, you'll notice the genres have somewhat matured musically, but there's fewer new styles coming out. New styles have always inspired DJs, artists, and music fans in the past. It's the main reason why a lot of the Dutch Trance DJs in the past 2 years have been flirting with other styles, and why the Progressive and House DJs have tried to slowly evolve and play more music that isn't confined to their particular style.

Well, well, well. Its Charles. Where are you in the states these days?

drop me a line. I need my charles convo fix!

:) Jeanine

Hey whats going on. Yeah we havent chatted in a while, look for me online sometimes :)

I think I might down in Miami next week, and the following week I'm flying abroad for a little while.

PS Tiesto is coming back to Orlando in June, and i'm trying to find out if there might be a Tampa date as well :D