Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm Getting Rims, HELP Me Pick 'Em

HAZE

I hate the "i'm a pimp and a racecar too" multispoke BBS ripoffs ;)

what's wrong with 5 and 7 spokes? I dont know that i like those Konigs :( very "BLIIIIIIIIIIIING"

I was a fan of the heliums and their weight, but they have issues with cracking from high lateral loads.

Have you looked at Rotas?

Originally posted by cintron

I hate the "i'm a pimp and a racecar too" multispoke BBS ripoffs ;)

what's wrong with 5 and 7 spokes? I dont know that i like those Konigs :( very "BLIIIIIIIIIIIING"

I was a fan of the heliums and their weight, but they have issues with cracking from high lateral loads.

Have you looked at Rotas?

BBS doesn't make anything that looks like that.

I checked out Rotas and I like these better than the Konigs:

http://www.rotawheels.com/tuner.htm

I like them because they're not deep dish and the spokes come all the way to the end which would give them a bigger appearance. I'm getting 17s because 18s would be too harsh and my car is a daily driver.

Thanks for the input guys. I knew you wouldn't let me down. :hat:

Originally posted by atomicapples

i would get rotas

Where is a good site that sells Rotas?

I can't find any.

The OZs are too damn expensive.

$280 per wheel from tirerack.com.

I'm lookin to stay around $1000 w/ tires.

www.machiii.net is a rota dealer.

also www.jaydm.com

I like em. For the price they're pretty good. I'm also loving the fact that I can break four of them and it would still cost me less than ordering a single forged japanese rim.

Thanks man but I already emailed both of these sites. They don't show the Tuner model on their sites either.

Hopefully they'll email me back.

This tax return money's burning a hole in my pocket. :hat:

OK, how about these?

Sport Edition Fox 3s from Tire Rack.

se_fox_3_ci3_l.jpg

I've never heard of them, but they look good and they're reasonably priced.

What do you guys think?

Do you know anyone with this brand wheels?

Thanks again,

I ordered them. I should have them next week. I got Yokohama tires too.

4 17x7 Sport Edition Fox 3 Silver In Stock $139.00 $556.00

4 Required centering ring In Stock N/C N/C

1 Lug adapter In Stock N/C N/C

16 Required lugnut for vehicle In Stock N/C N/C

4 Sport Edition center cap In Stock N/C N/C

4 Sport Edition rim badge In Stock N/C N/C

4 205/40WR-17 Yokohama AVS ES100 In Stock $89.00 $356.00

1 Tire warranty packet In Stock N/C N/C

4 Mount and balance - no charge N/C N/C

4 Tire road hazard program In Stock $10.68 $42.72

1 McGard locking wheel nut set In Stock $19.95 $19.95

Shipping: $71.60

Tax: $.00

Excise Tax: $.00

State Disposal Fund Fee: $.00

Order Total Including Shipping: $1,046.27

holy crikes!

Yeah Sport Editions are a decent "value" rim i suppose. Dont know much about their strength but IIRC, they're a bit on the heavy side.

snap some pics when they're installed though

They're 21 lbs, not the heaviest, but not the lightest. I think the OZs were 17lbs, but they were more than twice the price.

I'll post some pics when I get them on. They will be here either tomorrow or Monday.

Wooo Hooo!!!

I got them installed today. I also finally got a wheel alignment. First one since I bought the car 5 years ago. Shit was way overdue and way out of whack.

It's all good now though.

It seems like there's some rubbing when I cut the wheel really hard, like when I'm making a K turn or parking. What can I do to prevent this?

Originally posted by DarrellG

It seems like there's some rubbing when I cut the wheel really hard, like when I'm making a K turn or parking. What can I do to prevent this?

sweet on the rims ;) GET PICS YOU FEWL. good job not going with konigs. I agree - their quality is shit. I have Villains on my Saturn and ive bent two of em in the past. Nothing big either - one was a bump on cross island pkwy and the other was a small pothole that wasn't even large enough for my tire to fit in. They bend and crack easily.

for the rubbing - measure how close they are to the fender lip. Also check what they're rubbing on exactly. If you have room, you can probably throw some spacers on there. I recommend the H&R or Eibach spacers if they're available for you. They're hubcentric and damn good quality and come in a bunch of sizes.

Do some serious measuring before you space wheels though. You dont want to catch em on the fender lip and rip it or pop a tire.

sweet on the rims ;) GET PICS YOU FEWL. good job not going with konigs. I agree - their quality is shit. I have Villains on my Saturn and ive bent two of em in the past. Nothing big either - one was a bump on cross island pkwy and the other was a small pothole that wasn't even large enough for my tire to fit in. They bend and crack easily.

for the rubbing - measure how close they are to the fender lip. Also check what they're rubbing on exactly. If you have room, you can probably throw some spacers on there. I recommend the H&R or Eibach spacers if they're available for you. They're hubcentric and damn good quality and come in a bunch of sizes.

Do some serious measuring before you space wheels though. You dont want to catch em on the fender lip and rip it or pop a tire.

I'll post some pics whenever I get a chance to take 'em. I found out that the rims I got are made by Mille Miglia in Italy. They look really good on my car and I really don't see this style around too much. The only rims that look similar are the ones on the 20th anniversary GTI but they are a 15 spoke and mine are an 18 spoke.

I fixed the rubbing issue, a piece of the plastic from inside my wheel well was hanging down so I cut it off.

Ride is a little more harsh, but not as bad as I thought.

Handling if fuckin' awsome, especially with the Eibach Pro System.

:hat: