Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mariano Rivera 2 more years

bxbomb

yet again georgieboy opened his wallet again and its true, its loaded with moolah. I hope mariano turns out to be a bust in these last two years like Armando cant-close-4-shit Benitez :laugh: It will be great to head to cooperstown on a spiralling downhill roller coaster :laugh:

fuckin a :blown:

Originally posted by captainpec

And how many rings does the "best reliever" in the AL East have?

Better yet - how many has his team won in the past 10, 20, 30... 50... 75 years? With his assistance too?

Well seeing as the best reliever in the AL East played for the A's last year........I'd say they won pretty fucking recently....in fact, being the baseball ingenuant that you are, I'm sure you know the A's were the team of the 70's outside of the Reds

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Well seeing as the best reliever in the AL East played for the A's last year........I'd say they won pretty fucking recently....in fact, being the baseball ingenuant that you are, I'm sure you know the A's were the team of the 70's outside of the Reds

Sweet the Oakland Athletics were the MLB world champions of 2002??? I guess you learn something each day... No closer out there has been more dominant in the post-season than Mariano Rivera... we have four rings to prove that. Nuff said...

Keep trying to find comparisons to the "dynasty" - when you find a good analogy - wake me up...

And suddenly the penis gallery goes silent...

he is good........

but still the 2nd best reliever in the AL East as of right now

And just what exactly is Keith Foulke better at? His ERA wasn't better last year. His career ERA definitely is not better. He doesn't have more championships than Rivera. He doesn't have more rings.

What exactly are you basing your statement on?

Originally posted by magellanmax

yet again georgieboy opened his wallet again and its true, its loaded with moolah. I hope mariano turns out to be a bust in these last two years like Armando cant-close-4-shit Benitez :laugh: It will be great to head to cooperstown on a spiralling downhill roller coaster :laugh:

fuckin a :blown:

Ignorance+ KRylon = BLiss

WTF is george suppose to do to keep the greatest reliever on their team ?...........yeah its called money MAx, something i believe your team went out and spent, when they raped the A's and gave k foulke 21 mill over 3 yrs

"I thank Mr. George (Steinbrenner) for giving me the opportunity to stay with the Yankees forever. This is the team I want to be with. I was born to be a Yankee," Rivera said. "I could have tested the market after the season, but that wasn't my goal. My goal was to remain a Yankee. Being in Yankee Stadium is the most important thing to me, wearing the pinstripes."

We love you Mariano! :D

Keith Foulke got the award for Relief Pitcher of the Year for the American League last year

............or have we forgotten how to keep up with current events as well?

about as subjective as a golden glove award

Bernie williams has a few of them was he the best defensive centerfielder then........dont think so

Keith Foulke got the award for Relief Pitcher of the Year for the American League last year

............or have we forgotten how to keep up with current events as well?

Yeah and Halladay got the Cy Young, but someone like Pedro is still better. What's your point?

go back to my post where I said "AS OF RIGHT NOW"

no doubt Mariano is one of the best and very consistant, he's just second best AS OF RIGHT NOW in the AL East.

Every award is subjective, true, and dont normally represent the overall thought across America.....but the torch has to be passed before you can go back to saying Mo is the best

we'll see this season.....something tells me I'll still be saying this next year

;)

Why?

Ok I like foulke but come on. he is better then what we had last year and I am glad we have him, but beter then mariano???

As red sox fans we have to try to pick fight we can win like nomar better then jeter, or our pitching staff better then the yankees, but not this for christ sakes.

Let me give you an example think back to last year in the playoffs against the A's, who did we beat. Thats right foulke, american league closer of the year,and who was pitching for the yankees when boone lofted that fuckin ball into left field that made me puke in my mouth,thats right mariano.

When it counted mariano shut us down, foulke gave us the game.

Rivera had a god damn .56 era in 8 games in the playoff last year. He has blown one save in the postseason ever.(given that was to lose the ring against the d-backs. ONe of the more happier days I can remember).

So lets fight battles we can win, this is not one of them.

I will say this though foulke has a better hair cut then rivera, he needs to shave his head or something.

Originally posted by jtk4

Why?

Ok I like foulke but come on. he is better then what we had last year and I am glad we have him, but beter then mariano???

As red sox fans we have to try to pick fight we can win like nomar better then jeter, or our pitching staff better then the yankees, but not this for christ sakes.

Let me give you an example think back to last year in the playoffs against the A's, who did we beat. Thats right foulke, american league closer of the year,and who was pitching for the yankees when boone lofted that fuckin ball into left field that made me puke in my mouth,thats right mariano.

When it counted mariano shut us down, foulke gave us the game.

Rivera had a god damn .56 era in 8 games in the playoff last year. He has blown one save in the postseason ever.(given that was to lose the ring against the d-backs. ONe of the more happier days I can remember).

So lets fight battles we can win, this is not one of them.

I will say this though foulke has a better hair cut then rivera, he needs to shave his head or something.

fine then......match someone's career with a current hot streak

I'll drop this battle, but Nomar is still better than Jeter

You hit the nail on the head there.

How about schilling striking out 10 in spring training. He seems to be on a mission, hopefully he is not wearing himself out.

HE THREW 118 PITCHES IN SPRING TRAINING,SLOW DOWN BIG FELLA, THIS IS A MARATHON NOT A RACE.

Pedro should be looking over his shoulder. Fuckin schilling is an horse.