Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clarke has just said

Originally posted by crosspatrick

"By invading Iraq President Bush has undmined the war on Terror"

Slam

Yeah..what a slam dunk. Earth shattering revelation. This statement has never been made before.

Conversely, other terrorism experts believe it was an integral part of the war on terror, and is exactly what is needed in the ME.

Relax you clueless jerkoffs

Originally posted by crosspatrick

Yeah well when it comes from the former top counterterrorism advisor it is a big deal.

I respect the guy but he has been shady, and some of his assertions have already been proved false

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

guy never even showed up to meetings...yea i believe him alright...

The ones that Condoleezza Rice says he was at

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/25/politics/25COND.html?ex=1080882000&en=

Was an Official 'in the Loop'? It All Depends

By ELISABETH BUMILLER

Published: March 25, 2004

ASHINGTON, March 24 — It is a strange occurrence in Washington when members of the well-ordered Bush White House publicly disagree with each other, but it happened on Wednesday.

Condoleezza Rice, the national security adviser, took exception to Vice President Dick Cheney's assertion that Richard A. Clarke, the administration's former counterterrorism chief, was "out of the loop."

On the contrary, Ms. Rice said, Mr. Clarke was very much involved in the administration's fight against terrorism.

"I would not use the word `out of the loop,' " Ms. Rice told reporters in response to a question about whether she considered it a problem that the administration's counterterrorism chief was not deeply involved "in a lot of what was going on," as Mr. Cheney said on Monday in an interview on Rush Limbaugh's radio program.

Ms. Rice painted a distinctly different picture of the involvement of Mr. Clarke, who has prompted furious responses since he asserted in a new book and in testimony on Capitol Hill that President Bush did not heed warnings before the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

"He was in every meeting that was held on terrorism," Ms. Rice said. "All the deputies' meetings, the principals' meeting that was held and so forth, the early meetings after Sept. 11."