Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bush Antics...

dgmodel

Bush Pokes Some Fun During Media Dinner

Thu Mar 25,12:31 AM ET Add White House - AP to My Yahoo!

By SIOBHAN McDONOUGH, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - President Bush (news - web sites) poked fun at his staff, his Democratic challenger and himself Wednesday night at a black-tie dinner where he hobnobbed with the news media.

Bush put on a slide show, calling it the "White House Election-Year Album" at the Radio and Television Correspondents' Association 60th annual dinner, showing himself and his staff in some decidedly unflattering poses.

There was Bush looking under furniture in a fruitless, frustrating search. "Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere," he said.

There was Vice President Dick Cheney (news - web sites), a frequent butt of gentle Bush ribbing, holding his fingers a few inches apart. Bush said, "Whenever you ask him a question, he replies, 'Let's see what my little friend says.'"

And there was Bush again, in an odd contortion in front of his national security adviser, Condoleezza Rice (news - web sites). He said he was trying to explain to her the foreign policy of Democratic challenger John Kerry (news - web sites).

Bush showed himself playing cards on Air Force One and cracked that he was on his way to an international summit and using a special deck to help him bone up on the names of the leaders he was about to meet.

His slide show segued into a somber ending, showing a group of special forces troops in Afghanistan (news - web sites) at the site where they buried a piece of the fallen World Trade Center in commemoration of the dead from Sept. 11.

The late NBC News reporter David Bloom, who died in April from an apparent blood clot while covering the Iraq (news - web sites) war, was remembered. His wife, Melanie, talked of her husband's passion for journalism.

About 1,500 guests attended the dinner.

Originally posted by mr mahs

I saw it last night it wasn't in bad taste.. It was part of a whole routine he gave a dinner, it was actually funny and there was a ton more to it then the WMD crack...

I wonder if these clueless jerkoffs understand that a US President does this at these media dinners each year

Originally posted by igloo

I wonder if these clueless jerkoffs understand that a US President does this at these media dinners each year

Igloo we all aren't on the same intelligence level as you.. YOU my friend must be the only one that actually understands what a US President does at these media dinners.. IF WE ONLY KNEW!

Bad Taste.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

just wondering...in your opinion....does Bush ever do anything wrong? have you ever disagreed with him?

Yes, I have douche bag. But thanks for the ridiculously dumb question.

And retard, my statement on this thread was not defending Bush per se, but just pointing out that it is a tradition for US Presidents to poke fun at their administrations at these dinners.